+/- about your day

Guest errolwest
- I was walking downtown today and some fat goth chick smiled at me because I was wearing a Misfits winter jacket.

welcome to regina, duderino. vic park, and the kids who hang out there are the bane of my existence. OOF.

Thanks a lot. No one seems to be hiring. Stupid seasonal shit.

Ever look into sales? Insurance?

Aflac (where I work) will usually hire, just have to go in knowing its straight commission and it builds up over time

Liberty Mutual will always look for people as well.

Thanks for the tip, man.

If you have the drive and the passion and can work hard then it has no choice but to pay off.

Unreal blowup in/during my team's hockey game.

-This is my second game as a head coach ever. Head coaching is crazy-different than assistant coaching, then add in that I was thrown into this by a disaster of a situation anyway with our actual head coach being suspended.

-Game is going fine, but the girls keep taking penalties that steal the momentum, then they start getting chirpy with one another and getting on each other's cases and I could not keep them relaxed and off each other.

-One girl, who is already fucked in the head, starts getting frustrated because she missed a shift due to PK and then a PP. We were putting her out next on a PP that specifically involved her positives, but she threw a temper tantrum and sat in the middle of the bench with her gloves off. She finally gets out a minute or two later and starts swinging her stick and crosschecks someone. She got away with it, but I was in no hurry to throw her back out because she was playing like a maniac.

-We end up losing 3-1, and everyone is clearly stressed. I get to the locker room after the team, the tantrum girl is standing outside the room with her mom crying. Keep in mind, this girl is 18 and in college, but her mom babies the fuck out of her. I tell her to get in the locker room, but as I open the door, another girl is storming out in tears and I have no idea what's going on. A teammate goes to talk to her and then two more try to run out, I block the door and tell them to get in and let the one take care of it and say fuck it to the crazy girl crying with her mom.

-Post game debrief goes fine.. the girls who weren't a wreck about whatever took it ok but obviously there were distractions.

-I go outside and am immediately confronted by this girl's mother about ice time. I explain how I saw it, but that's not good enough, and she keeps going on and on, completely with rose-colored glasses on. A solid 5 minute discussion and she finally leaves.

-When I'm finally free, I ask one of the captains what happened in the locker room before I got in.. turns out a girl on the team said some off-hand comment like "we got raped out there". The girl who ran out in tears was apparently raped when she was younger. Only 2 or 3 girls on the team knew, and they jumped on the girl who made the comment, then the rest of the team figured out what happened somehow and the girl was so horrified that everyone knew that she ran out crying. She leaves literally like 10 seconds after I finish talking to them while I'm talking with the idiot mom. Waiting outside the locker room, the girl who made the off-hand remark is bawling because she had no idea and felt so awful and all this shit.

This is all 48 hours after I've been named head coach, I had to deal with my goalie being stressed out because she got rejected from the college of her dreams, and a girl from the 16U team trying to play up with us because they're having issues on that team as well. It's all fucking ridiculous. As much as I want to coach, I never should have taken this on because I already have way too much going on with my mother being sick/recovering, grad school, and being a first-year teacher. I don't know what I was thinking.

+ got all Christmas present wrapped, send out some late Christmas cards, Got my Integrity "Jim Jones" shirt in the mail, watched history channel all day. stroked my beard, drank some wonderful Cran-grape juice. going to see Tron tonight.

- Moms gone for three weeks on vacation, Answering phones for dads business, Bummer weather.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':k394dlmk]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':k394dlmk]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

+FUCK YEAH ECLIPSE!

+cookie apocalypse is going over well. i'm that asshole who gets stoked on making people happy.

+glassjaw tickets purchased

+baking more sugar cookies tonight (yeah, i found out i like it, ok?)

+in laws hooked us up with $450 bucks for my bf's birthday. That. Is. Awesome. we've been broker than ever this year

+owned all sorts of ass at drunk Pictionary. thanks high school AP art!

-bf is watching the claymation epi of Community. Claymation freaks me the FUCK out.

--------- have to...Christmas shop Wednesday...at the MALL. good God i don't want.

+ Had a great practice last night which made me feel like we'll bounce back well from the terrible game Sunday night.

+ Interviewed for a full-time spot teaching and it seemed to go really well. I was in there for over an hour with the panel of 6 people, had them laughing, and just got a good feel for it. I have no idea how many people are in their interview pool, but they are moving quickly on it so I should hear soon and I'm cautiously optimistic for the spot. If I get the job, I'll make more from January to June than I've seen all this year.

Guest errolwest

-shitty night at work yesterday.

-shitty christmas eve traditions

+awesome christmas day traditions

+snowboarding/going to the family cabin for two days.

+great holiday and pretty nice work schedule even though I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

+had a nice day off today. Spent the day with my girlfriend shopping. Got some records, cheap dvd's and other stuff. Stoked on these storage containers for xmas decorations though.

+Got myself out of work tomorrow so I will be spending the night purging my record collection. Need to make room by getting rid of stuff I don't listen to enough. So far I have about 40 records for sale but I have haardly scratched the surface. Going to be a long night. List will be posted once done.

+ Went to Target with gift cards

+++ got 3 seasons of always sunny for 15 dollars each and red dead redemption for 40.00

+ Watched Inception again

+ Lunch tomorrow with my buddy in the tunnels

+ Ate a bunch of smores

+ Listening to power trio hard rock from the early 70's.

--- Missing someone pretty hard