+/- about your day

--- Girl on my girls 19u hockey team I coach got annihilated on the boards from behind. Out cold, couldn't feel her legs when she came to. Got boarded and everything and we're still waiting to hear from the hospital.

that's scary. one of my friends got elbowed in the head into the boards when he was sixteen (behind the play, no one saw) and it took about 2-3 years to seem normal again.

hope she's ok

- Head coach got suspended for 1 year and a half for behind-the-scenes nonsense. He kind of has a bad reputation.

- I might be off the bench, too, because they are questioning my eligibility as a Level 3, saying I need to be Level 4 but this was never questioned before and USA Hockey lists Level 3 as the requirement.

+ Last final (ever?) done. I say ever, because if I take another class with exams in grad school, I'm leaving the school, because exams are stupid, and this is coming from a teacher. I have 1 class and my capstone project (semester-long action research) left before I graduate with my Ed.M and the class is a history course which should be all papers.

-/+ Coach is in fact suspended, but instead of me being pushed off the bench too, I was just informed I inherited the team, so I, a 24 year old, am a head coach of a 19U girls team. That's like asking for a lot of trouble haha.

Date was ok, we got a little rushed because we're both busy people and I had hockey to go to, but things seem to be heading in the right direction. She's coming on our weekend road trip so we'll be hanging out then.

Guest errolwest
Mega fucking ------ Both my wife and I lost our jobs on Monday. The same fucking day. Right before Christmas.

thats fucking awful man, im really sorry to hear that.

+moved into my new place

+++It's fucking amazing

++++my roommates are rad as hell

--------still feeling super down

+I've got ideas on how to work on that

Also huge plus. Thanks to everyone who's messaged me to make sure I'm doing ok and offering their help. It's way rad of you and I really appreciate it.

Hope you and youre wife find something man.

Thanks a lot. No one seems to be hiring. Stupid seasonal shit.

Ever look into sales? Insurance?

Aflac (where I work) will usually hire, just have to go in knowing its straight commission and it builds up over time

Liberty Mutual will always look for people as well.

If you have the drive and the passion and can work hard then it has no choice but to pay off.