+/- about your day

• 1 month later...

last week, i put on a pair of pants for the first time in about a month, found a $20 in the pocket. nice.

today, payday, checked my email, and had a $50 reward coupon for the gap. fuck yeah!

later, checked my bank account, and not only did my paycheck show up today, but so did my tax return. booyah!

folding my laundry right now, just went to put away that pair of pants, and discovered that i didn't actually spend that $20 at that bar the night. still in the pocket.

WHY CAN'T EVERY DAY BE LIKE THIS?!

+ My annual bonus at work was better than expected, as was my tax refund. I've been behind on credit cards bills after buying my condo earlier this year, but with the extra money I'll be able to pay them all off.

- I forgot about the supplemental tax check I put in the mail a few weeks ago. After the payment went through, I had less in the bank than I anticipated.

+ Going on vacation in about 2 weeks.

- Lost my ipod.

- A friend I'd had since childhood passed away last year around this time... coming up on the 1-year anniversary of it is really messing with me.

weird couple of weeks....

+/- was told last Sunday after my shift that I no longer had week day shifts, just weekend

+   was offered a job at the C.I.M.S. warehouse pulling/filling/packing/shipping all of the Record Store Day releases for y'all's stores

+/- my vehicle is getting fixed today on somebody else's dime (don't like help/hand-outs)

-    missing SXSW this year....would have probably been in that crowd that got hit Wednesday though.....scary

-    living in a house/locked into a lease with my Ex who dumped me and started seeing her ex-fiance of two years prior 2 days after she dumped me

-    I'm still incredibly nice and understanding and kind to her even though she's absolutely awful to me

+   Been hanging out with a new lady recently that's really really great though

+   received 5 completely unsolicited job offers in the past 2 weeks (C.I.M.S. warehouse being one of them) most of which I don't want or aren't for a few more months out....still feels good having some form of "Options"

+   probably going to drop out town for a month or so to explore New Orleans and Houston and possibly Austin to see what those particular cities have to offer me as far as a legit lifestyle change

-    incredibly discontent with my Friends and immediate Family (Hence the possibility of a change of scenery)

+   haven't had a panic attack in over a month (without medication)

+   haven't had an emotional breakdown in over 2 weeks

+   have had plenty of time to spin as many records as I want lately

+   have had plenty of time to actually play guitar

+   got offered a recording gig.....but haven't been told any sort of timeline for it yet, but excited to get to record some demos for somebody

-    if I do move, I need to sell a lot a lot a lot of shit

+   beard trimmer died, so my beard is gettin pretty radical

+   not having any need to shave is nice

-    having such high anxiety the past month that I've probably only had a grand total of 3 nights where I've slept for more than 5 consecutive hours....and it's taking it's toll on me

+/-  Depression/Anxiety issues is a hell of a weight loss plan!!!

-    not having insurance while dealing with all of this shit is less than enjoyable

-    desperately needing some sort of counseling or therapy but the only free options in this town are all Christian-associated, which ain't going to help me, "God" or "Jesus" ain't gonna fix any of this shit

+    The slightly spring-ish weather is helping keep me in a somewhat positive head-space while dealing with all of this shit

(the above reasons are why i've been pretty scarce around here as of late)

+ I had a Tim Horton's coffee this morning 
+ I only work two shifts next week for a total of 8 1/2 hours (small paychecks aren't nearly as rewarding as large ones, but at least I've got a lot of time to do what I want)
+ Managed to get time off so I can go see all the Lillingtons shows in May! 

weird couple of weeks....

+/- was told last Sunday after my shift that I no longer had week day shifts, just weekend

+   was offered a job at the C.I.M.S. warehouse pulling/filling/packing/shipping all of the Record Store Day releases for y'all's stores

+/- my vehicle is getting fixed today on somebody else's dime (don't like help/hand-outs)

-    missing SXSW this year....would have probably been in that crowd that got hit Wednesday though.....scary

-    living in a house/locked into a lease with my Ex who dumped me and started seeing her ex-fiance of two years prior 2 days after she dumped me

-    I'm still incredibly nice and understanding and kind to her even though she's absolutely awful to me

+   Been hanging out with a new lady recently that's really really great though

+   received 5 completely unsolicited job offers in the past 2 weeks (C.I.M.S. warehouse being one of them) most of which I don't want or aren't for a few more months out....still feels good having some form of "Options"

+   probably going to drop out town for a month or so to explore New Orleans and Houston and possibly Austin to see what those particular cities have to offer me as far as a legit lifestyle change

-    incredibly discontent with my Friends and immediate Family (Hence the possibility of a change of scenery)

+   haven't had a panic attack in over a month (without medication)

+   haven't had an emotional breakdown in over 2 weeks

+   have had plenty of time to spin as many records as I want lately

+   have had plenty of time to actually play guitar

+   got offered a recording gig.....but haven't been told any sort of timeline for it yet, but excited to get to record some demos for somebody

-    if I do move, I need to sell a lot a lot a lot of shit

+   beard trimmer died, so my beard is gettin pretty radical

+   not having any need to shave is nice

-    having such high anxiety the past month that I've probably only had a grand total of 3 nights where I've slept for more than 5 consecutive hours....and it's taking it's toll on me

+/-  Depression/Anxiety issues is a hell of a weight loss plan!!!

-    not having insurance while dealing with all of this shit is less than enjoyable

-    desperately needing some sort of counseling or therapy but the only free options in this town are all Christian-associated, which ain't going to help me, "God" or "Jesus" ain't gonna fix any of this shit

+    The slightly spring-ish weather is helping keep me in a somewhat positive head-space while dealing with all of this shit

(the above reasons are why i've been pretty scarce around here as of late)

you've done a great job of recognizing the positives when most would be far too overwhelmed by the negatives. for that alone, i think you're doing great. 

winner1.gif

+getting on a plane to Milwaukee

+proposing to my girlfriend tomorrow

-not getting record for 10 days

+coming home to a big pile of records

WHERE!? I WILL BE THERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED HELP! 

+ Found a copy of one of my top five albums for $10.99 shipped. Sick!

- The sunroof of my Honda is leaking, bad. I don't have a garage to store/dry it in, so I'm currently sitting in my grandmother's garage (with the rolling door open, of course) while this piece of shit burns gas and dries itself out. Fuck!

- I have no idea how much it's going to cost to fix this sunroof because apparently it is aftermarket. Double fuck!

• 1 month later...

- inclement weather last night

- computer shut down for the last time last night....nooooo money for a new one

+ ex/Roomate broke up with her boyfriend/ex-fiancé yesterday....now just need her to get back with me....

- in desperate need for money and a new job....need to sell a guitar or two pronto for cash

- scared shitless about my money situation

+ completed a cross promotional deal with the local minor league baseball team to promote both our businesses

- scheduled three interviews today. None showed

-offered a job to a great candidate but she was offered a higher rate somewhere else and I couldn't match

-The Rangers are getting blown out by the Flyers

+came home to a frisky GF!!

- Surf is flat today. First time in about a week. Hopefully something tomorrow.

+ Got a couple packages in the mail today: Built to Spill's Keep It Like A Secret 2xLP and the Cake RSD box set

+ Decided against upgrading my phone via AT&T Next 'cuz the math on it actually costs more. Puts that bit of curiosity to rest.

+ Picked a few nice ripe papayas from the yard. Had one for a snack.

+ Made a nice steak with baked potato and asparagus for dinner. Quite tasty.

- Kinda miss my ex-girlfriend. Despite our problems, she still is an amazing person in my eyes.

-/+ Got the day off work tomorrow unexpectedly. Kind of want to work as much as possible since I'm trying to buy a few things but I guess I can enjoy the day off before summer gets here and my work gets slammed. Is what it is.

-sound of rain kept me up all night

-late to work because of traffic

-finally a nice day, and i'm at work for it

-a completely forgettable day at work / +where i still managed to stay generally optimistic due to the mere presence of nice weather

+out of work with ~90 minutes of sunlight left

+went to the driving range! / -lost the head of my 3 wood

+went for a bike ride! / -completely unannounced torrential downpour

-red sox, red sox, bruins lose.