+/- about your day

- My entire house is covered in drywall and plaster dust. I'm sure it's on my records, even though I covered them up and put them in a room not getting worked on.

- Have to clean all the dust up tomorrow, then prime and paint.

+ 2 days off.

+ I've been feeling pretty good lately.

+ I have not had any pop since Sunday. This is the longest I've gone while trying to quit drinking it.

+ my friends' band got signed to Sub Pop, stoked as shit for them...even though it's a weird fit

- found out I'm not off of work tuesday after all

+ I'm going to be a Roadie for Drive-By Truckers on tuesday instead, weird that they're shooting a Music Video at work, my guess is Matt Patton had some pull in it

- Job postings have been so few lately in the area. I really can't deal with driving up to Cleveland area for work, but it has the most job opportunities, so I might have.

- Have to start painting and priming. I am not a fan of painting.

+ Weekend.

+ It's not cold out.

+ It's been almost a week since I last had pop.

- Job postings have been so few lately in the area. I really can't deal with driving up to Cleveland area for work, but it has the most job opportunities, so I might have.

- Have to start painting and priming. I am not a fan of painting.

+ Weekend.

+ It's not cold out.

+ It's been almost a week since I last had pop.

I gave up soda about 3-4 months ago. I was doing really well until last week when I had a ridiculous craving for coke and caved. Figured it was harmless as long as I continued to stay away.

Then earlier this week I did it again, but only because I was desperate for the caffeine.

- I got turned down for a sorta-dream job two months ago

- I got turned down for a transfer within my current company to a new office opening 15 feet from my house

+++ a month later I GOT A CALL FROM MY SORTA-DREAM JOB AND THEY OFFERED ME THE JOB

AND I TOOK IT

+ then i got a call from the new office in my current company and they said they really wanted to offer me the job now and to make it worth my while and I GOT TO TURN THEM DOWN

funny how things work

+ I've been super productive musically lately and I'm close to finishing a track I'm really really proud of

- Despite this, my computer crashes more than old people and tourist drivers combined on I4 here and whatever emotion comes after the most infuriated you can possibly be falls short of describing my hatred for it

+ Just ate a really awesome bagel

-Father in law is moving from a 3500sq ft house to a 4000sq ft condo. My wifes step mom is a entry level hoarder Had to help move.

+New house had a $2500 Industrial grade Grainger butcher block top work bench/drawers, heavy duty pegboards they were in the way of her future storage/hoard room/gym = mine now! Just had to move it 600+ lbs.......

+Also had a custom huge beautiful Maple/cherry entertainment center that must have cost thousands of dollars left by the old owner. She dident like the "old wood" look (she likes animal print gaudy particle board IKEA shit). Instead of trashing I took that bad boy. Again like 600+ lbs....... Amazing too bad our 52" plasma wont fit with the doors on.....

+The center had very high end B and W CDM1 SE bookshelf speakers in it, and a ADCOM sub woofer amp and other misc ADCOM stereo stuff I need to look into, all expensive stuff. I got to take it all.

-One bookshelf speaker High Freq channel dosent work, waiting on company email on what I parts I can replace

+Took the steel garage cabinets in the old house to hang over bench Moar storage! and got a old WW2 or Korean war era steel locker from the PD where he was a Police Chief, He took it when they renovated the Dept 10+ years ago

+We still had his huge 7500kw generator when we lost power last year, this condo has a Automatic underground gen so I get to keep his old one.

+In between all this I got started on renovating my basement got the XPS board insulation up and studs in about 500sqft of the basement

+Saw City and Colour with wife and father in law last week

Ones mans trash is anothers treasure in this case!

I gave up soda about 3-4 months ago. I was doing really well until last week when I had a ridiculous craving for coke and caved. Figured it was harmless as long as I continued to stay away.

Then earlier this week I did it again, but only because I was desperate for the caffeine.

I just had one at dinner :(. Hopefully I can keep them to just such occasions. 

really, i just gave it up because i know it's bad for me. it's wrought terror on my teeth over the years. and while i've never looked into it, i've just heard so much said about how bad soda generally is for people. 

eventually it just got to the point where i said that's enough, i don't need this anymore.

and i don't feel bad about the couple i had. especially since i made mix drinks the exception from the start. the fact that i've almost cut it out of my diet entirely is enough to make me feel good about myself.

I drank soda excessively throughout my teens. I can't remember why I quit or if I even planned to, but now I find it fucking disgusting. I used to drink about 3 monsters a day too. Those are now rare treats.

aaaaand

+ being able to stay up past 11 p.m. on weekends. Fuck the eight to five.

it's honestly not as bad as i ever imagined. and i only do it once or twice a week, if that.

but really, there's something about getting up at ~4 am that is just streets ahead of getting up at ~7 am. i take one 5 hour, and i'm good to go all day. plus it kicks ass working a 9 hour day and being out just a couple hours after i'd be getting out of bed on a lazy day off anyway.

+ i have been absolutely stoked to finally have a day off. went grocery shopping this morning, made breakfast, started cleaning the house. 

- and then my phone rang

- i need to close tonight and cover for another manager who puked on the way to work.

+ i was able to negotiate getting out at 3 instead of 7 tomorrow. which gives me the chance to come home, watch football, and then make it out to boston for kendrick and kanye.

- there's no way i can afford it. none whatsoever.