Record Store Day 2010 releases

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace Potter was recorded at a sweet place just down from the road from my place. Im stoked for the Shooter Jennings and Hold Steady, everything else so far is not that interesting to me. But like last year and the year before, all the info will hit the world about one week before cause they drop the ball all the time. Record Store Day was created by a guy who works for the record store in my state (Chris Brown of BullMoose Music a 10 store chain) yet the stores get shit to put out. Just a way for major companies to make money and not give a shit about the indepent stores still.

Just realized that I'll be in Denver that week for the Museums and the Web conference. Looks like I'll be hoofing it to Independent and Wax Trax that morning!

Twist and Shout on Colfax gets a ton of this Record Store Day stuff too. Check them out while your in Denver too

Good to know, thanks! Looks like I'll be taking the bus instead!

Here is pretty much the newest, most definitive list I've seen yet.

Pretty sad, in my opinion, that record stores and music websites are scooping the Record Store Day folks themselves on these releases.

http://www.mbvmusic.com/2010/03/09/list-of-exclusives-for-record-store-day-2010/22654

Numbered/Limited Edition Releases that should be nice:

REM Chronic Town EP

Sonic Youth 2LP

Rolling Stones 7"

Hold Steady LP

Soundgarden 7"

Flaming Lips colored vinyl Dark Side of the Moon LP

Mastodon Blood Mountain Deluxe Edition (fyi...the Deluxe version of Crack the Skye was only 2500 copies, so I expect a similar pressing)

Here is pretty much the newest, most definitive list I've seen yet.

Pretty sad, in my opinion, that record stores and music websites are scooping the Record Store Day folks themselves on these releases.

http://www.mbvmusic.com/2010/03/09/list-of-exclusives-for-record-store-day-2010/22654

Numbered/Limited Edition Releases that should be nice:

REM Chronic Town EP

Sonic Youth 2LP

Rolling Stones 7"

Hold Steady LP

Soundgarden 7"

Flaming Lips colored vinyl Dark Side of the Moon LP

Mastodon Blood Mountain Deluxe Edition (fyi...the Deluxe version of Crack the Skye was only 2500 copies, so I expect a similar pressing)

With you on the Flaming Lips LP

I think the point of RSD is to get people out to the store and surprise them, not to tell everyone whats going to be there so they can decide to skip it cause they don't want anything. Might be why they don't announce everything to people. And why waste the time if others will list it for you.

Maybe I should sell my Midlake LP and get enough money to buy the re-issue and the other things I want....