Archie Comics are finally intentionally gay.

Archie Comics are introducing their first homosexual character in September in a story where Veronica tries to figure out why the new guy doesn't want to date her. The Ceo of the company says the move is about keeping the comics current and inclusive. Have the details on the site. Who else thinks this is awesome? Archie books might be as edgy as a marble but their influence is undeniable with kids. This is a great step.

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/archie-comics-introduce-their-first-gay-character/

I didn't realize they had any influence on kids anymore. Fuck, I didn't even know they still made them.

this. but i'm not a comic reader, so i'm not knowledgeable about what is popular in that world.

also, are you implying that Archie comics were always unintentionally "gay"?

The only times I've ever had in my life that reflected the actions of the Riverdale gang are the late nights I spent partying with gay guys. Burger eating contests are something I associate with homosexuality. I'm a weird guy.

I'm more amazed they have a CEO. Does Family Circus have a CEO? Marmaduc? I mean, how hard can it be to rewrite the same awful story over and over.

However, between this and the marriage story line Archie is now slightly more relevant than Cathy.

You mentioned comic strips, but Family Circus has a CEO. Archie Comics handles a shit load of books outside of just the 8 or so different actual Archie digest titles they sell.

I'm more amazed they have a CEO. Does Family Circus have a CEO? Marmaduc? I mean, how hard can it be to rewrite the same awful story over and over.

However, between this and the marriage story line Archie is now slightly more relevant than Cathy.

You mentioned comic strips, but Family Circus has a CEO. Archie Comics handles a shit load of books outside of just the 8 or so different actual Archie digest titles they sell.

I actually just thought about the least funny things I could imagine. I would say things like Family Guy but I do know that's wildly lucrative. I can't believe people actually make money off this bullshit. I at least hope they feel shame for what they do.