Mineral vinyl

Here's a picture of my OG press jacket.  I also included the original lyric sheet, which, to add to the fun, only has the lyrics from the eight songs on that pressing.

http://imgur.com/C7e8PZr'>C7e8PZr.jpg

And here's one of the sticker that was on the shrink wrap, now on my guitar case.  I was really happy it peeled off so easily and still had enough stick to it to be pretty secure on my case.

http://imgur.com/BVLZuZC'>BVLZuZC.jpg

Interesting, perhaps the printed those jackets before they had realised they couldn't get all ten tracks on? Wierd. Either way at least now u have a ten track lp and cover and an eight track lp and cover.

I actually haven't ordered the new pressing yet.  I'm still on the fence about it.  "80-37" is one of my favorite Mineral tracks, and much as I'd like to own the full album on vinyl, I don't know if I can justify spending the money on a second copy, plus this particular copy has some sentimental value.  I might have gone for the blue if it had been reasonably priced and I had known it had all ten tracks.

The thought did cross my mind that it might be a bootleg.  I bought it on Ebay last year for about $50.  I had to borrow my roommate's phone to take those other pictures and he's not here at the moment, but I might be able to get more pictures later.  There's a picture of a blue copy with a bit of the label showing on page seven of this thread, and my labels look like that as far as I can tell.  Both sides are white and have "mineral - the power of failing." above the center hole and the Crank logo below the center.  Below the Crank logo on each side is "crc006-a" and "crc006-b" respectively.  All the print on the labels is blue.

Dead wax info for side A: S-32550 CRC-006-12-A "KEV" (etched) and "MASTERED BY CAPITOL" (stamped)

And side B: S-32550 CRC-006-12-A "KEV" (etched) and "MASTERED BY CAPITOL" (stamped)

Dead wax info for side A: S-32550 CRC-006-12-A "KEV" (etched) and "MASTERED BY CAPITOL" (stamped)

And side B: S-32550 CRC-006-12-A "KEV" (etched) and "MASTERED BY CAPITOL" (stamped)

Yeah that's the same as mine. I'd really love to know why that happened with the jackets now

Edit: Just noticed yours also doesn't have a bar code

Yeah that's the same as mine. I'd really love to know why that happened with the jackets now

I'm curious too.  I might email the Crank guy (Jaime?) to see if he remembers what happened with it, unless someone else wants to.

I was thinking that it was pretty plausible that they could have printed some jackets early in the process and only found out later that the whole record wouldn't fit, but that doesn't explain why the tracklist on mine has "Side B" after "Dolorosa."  I assume on the repress that the B side starts with "If I Could" and not "80-37," which would put both sides at about 24 minutes each.  That leads me to believe it was just a graphic design error or something, but that still doesn't explain why they weren't all printed at the same time.

I'm curious too.  I might email the Crank guy (Jaime?) to see if he remembers what happened with it, unless someone else wants to.

I was thinking that it was pretty plausible that they could have printed some jackets early in the process and only found out later that the whole record wouldn't fit, but that doesn't explain why the tracklist on mine has "Side B" after "Dolorosa."  I assume on the repress that the B side starts with "If I Could" and not "80-37," which would put both sides at about 24 minutes each.  That leads me to believe it was just a graphic design error or something, but that still doesn't explain why they weren't all printed at the same time.

You should definitely email and figure out what this is! Even if it's a boot, it's hella cool and I wish I had one too!

Yeah, it's super interesting either way. You should have kept that sticker on or transferred it onto a poly sleeve or something.

I didn't really want to keep the shrink wrap on there.  It wasn't sealed even when I got it, but I would have wanted to listen to it anyway.  I thought about putting it on the poly bag, but I also really wanted a Mineral sticker of some kind on my guitar case, and it seemed like a good opportunity.  Also, I'll email Jaime tomorrow and see if I can get any more info on the jacket I have.