Mineral vinyl

I mean...you could say that about any record though really, couldn't you?

Why is any variant more expensive than a black unlimited record? Because it's limited and colored.

Just because you're getting it at a marked up price direct from the distro rather than buying it at a marked up price on the secondary market doesn't make it any less limited or worthwhile, does it?

The black pressing is not unlimited. Infact, I believe it is out of 500.

The fact that there are blue copies still available just proves the point I made.

Every other label I buy records from sells the product at the same price regardless of the colour. Maybe they charge an extra dollar or two if it is 180gm or is some kind of deluxe edition.

I'm not trying to argue that it isn't shitty of them to do it, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem unthinkable that a company, which is what any label or distro is in the long run, would see the potential for profit and try to take advantage of it. Especially considering that if they were the same price from the label, they would be sold out long ago and flipped for at least $60 on the secondary market.

Past the point of trying and I'm dying here

The black pressing is not unlimited. Infact, I believe it is out of 500.

The fact that there are blue copies still available just proves the point I made.

Every other label I buy records from sells the product at the same price regardless of the colour. Maybe they charge an extra dollar or two if it is 180gm or is some kind of deluxe edition.

I never said the black vinyl wasn't limited and I never tried to disprove your point... Obviously no one likes paying more for pretty much the same thing, and as I said knowing that the blue it isn't as limited as I thought, I'm no longer considering paying double the price; I was just stoked when I thought it was /50. I like when things are limited to double digits.

It's great that the labels you buy from only charge a dollar or two more for deluxe editions, most deluxe editions cost significantly more, maybe not double, but more than a buck or two. And yes, any time I've bought colored it has been either the same price, or sometimes up to $5 difference, but never double.  I'm just saying that it isn't out of the realm of consideration that the label feels they're justified in their pricing whether we agree with it or not.

Why is any variant more expensive than a black unlimited record? Because it's limited and colored.

I never said the black vinyl wasn't limited

It was Implied.

The point I'm trying to make, is not everyone creams their jeans enough over things that are limited to less than their IQ to pay an extortionate amount for them.

Go see the Weeknd Trilogy box-set thread for proof. I think you may have a misguided perception of the majority viewpoint here.  Thinking the way you do is the reason why people at places like crank! start using airline sales tactics. 

P.s. don't take me too seriously I'm just being a jaded (these years) wanker.

It was Implied.

The point I'm trying to make, is not everyone creams their jeans enough over things that are limited to less than their IQ to pay an extortionate amount for them.

Go see the Weeknd Trilogy box-set thread for proof. I think you may have a misguided perception of the majority viewpoint here.  Thinking the way you do is the reason why people at places like crank! start using airline sales tactics. 

P.s. don't take me too seriously I'm just being a jaded (these years) wanker.

Totally, I am exactly 0% butthurt over anything you've said so far and I think you made a very fair and good argument. 

I was kind of leary about even getting it at the /50 when I thought it was $40 but I was excited about seeing that they had it in stock because I had a boring day at work. 

And really the Deja example I gave is just because I've seen more people with boners for that record than any other on here, I mean it's a good record, but c'mon. 

After my first post I was somewhat just playing devil's advocate, I certainly thought more people would weigh in and we'd get a good discussion going.

That fucking Weeknd trilogy boxset. WTF. When that thing came out I was excited until I saw the price tag and then I dropped any idea of trying to own it. (not to mention House of Balloons is the only record out of that set I really wanted and I can just get a German boot of it.) but yeah, I don't think it's ok for them to do charge that much more, I was just trying to show the mindset behind why they might.

As it turns out I can't even justify the $20 shipped for a black copy, (I started out collecting years ago scouring thrift stores for records I wanted, now I don't even do that because Goodwill is charging $3 per record.)

I just got excited thinking about a record I didn't realize was still available while I was at work earlier, slow day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

I just wanted to post this from Mineral's Facebook page. I can hardly contain myself.

Excited to announce the deluxe remastered release of our albums, 1996’s The Power Of Failing and 1998’s EndSerenading, each on double DMM 180 gram vinyl on October 20, 2014 internationally via
Xtra Mile Recordings and on October 21, 2014 in North America via Arena Rock Recording Company. The labels will also release Mineral – 1994-1998, a double CD compilation of both albums with previously unreleased songs recorded during The Power Of Failing sessions, as well as bonus tracks recorded during various sessions.

Hi everyone, longtime lurker here.

I just wanted to post this from Mineral's Facebook page. I can hardly contain myself.

Excited to announce the deluxe remastered release of our albums, 1996’s The Power Of Failing and 1998’s EndSerenading, each on double DMM 180 gram vinyl on October 20, 2014 internationally via

Xtra Mile Recordings and on October 21, 2014 in North America via Arena Rock Recording Company. The labels will also release Mineral – 1994-1998, a double CD compilation of both albums with previously unreleased songs recorded during The Power Of Failing sessions, as well as bonus tracks recorded during various sessions.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104132-mineral-the-power-of-failing-and-endserenading-deluxe-2xlps/?hl=mineral