Documentaries.

the bridge was not easy to watch. Cool topic and all but i couldnt finish it.

Guerrilla: The Taking of Patty hearst

Who Killed the Electric Car?

cocaine cowboys

iceman interviews

death in gaza

methadonia

POPaganda: The Art and crimes of Ron English

heavy metal in baghdad (vice magazine doc)

crips and bloods

VBS has great online documentaries. Most aren't long, and maybe they're more style than substance, but they keep me coming back. Shane Smith is the man. My favorites:

Vice Travel Guide to Liberia

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1-of-8

Toxic Napoli

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/toxic/toxic-napoli-1-of-2

Vice Travel Guide to N. Korea

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

The Vice Guide to Liberia is intense, but singing punk rock karaoke in N Korea is without-a-doubt official bad-ass shit.

Born Into Brothels

I wholeheartedly second this documentary.. fuckin' brilliant

also:

Murder on a Sunday Morning (if you want to get pissed and some fucked up shit)

The Thin Blue Line

Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr.

My Best Fiend

Heavy Metal Parking Lot

Dark Days (the story behind this is amazing and the dude went into debt, lost his house and every penny he had making this film... literally, i had to pitch in to send his ass back to NY after a premiere)

Paradise Lost (One of my favs)

The Devils Playground

American Movie (no synopsis needed)

Some awesome ones that I second on here are Who The Fuck is Jackson Pollock? and Dark Days for sure. Dark Days is one of the most unique and interesting docs I've ever seen since the guy making it gets so immersed in something most people wouldn't dare spend a day doing. Dear Zachary is also great but the OP mentioned that.

I think King of Kong may be my favorite documentary. It's great to watch if you're not looking for something too heavy. It's about the top two Donkey Kong players competing.

Some others that haven't been mentioned:

-Confessions of a Superhero (follows celebrity/character impersonators in Hollywood)

-Jesus Camp (documents a christian summer camp, cardboard Bush is worshiped, lolz are had)

-Keep The River on Your Right (an old guy goes back to visit a South American tribe that he visited in his youth. You should probably read the book about his first visit before watching the movie though. Book is definitely recommended as well)

-Project Grizzly (eccentric man attempts to build a bear proof suit. I think you can watch this for free on the website for it)

-My Kid Could Paint That (controversy over a little girl supposedly painting Pollock-esque works)

Also, the show Bullshit.

If you're on a documentary kick, I would highly recommend getting netflix or borrowing a friend's login info since they have lots of great docs watch instantly.

Jesus Camp is scary as fuck...

another one that is pretty heavy

Paper clips - doc on a TN class who learns about the holocaust and saves paperclips. Representing one for every jewish person who died in the holocaust. It's a really well made doc.

then there is:

Hands on a Hardbody - you know those contests where you have to keep your hand on a vehicle for like 4 or 5 days etc etc. This doc was so popular it was at our local theater for more than a year.

Spellbound

and last OKIE NOODLING and STANDING IN THE SHADOWS of mOTOWN.

Okie Noodling was good. That's another one that you can watch for free on its website. And not to marginalize the holocaust, but I didn't care too much for Paper Clips. I just felt like there wasn't enough subject matter to make a full movie out of and it dragged on for me.

I had never heard of it, but I really want to see Hands on a Hardbody now.

Guest naytoid

This film is not yet rated

The Aristocrats (Get's old quickly, but I enjoyed it)

FUCK

Small Town Gay Bar

And good "Documentaries"

Religulous

Super High Me

i thought The Aristocrats was horrid. i bought it and was really unimpressed, mainly because most of the stories were cut and spliced together which made for a big annoyance. Carlin's version was probably one of the funniest parts. i would have loved to hear Andy Dick's version too but there were only snippets. I don't know, i just thought it wasn't that good.

Fuck was pretty amuzing.

I'm curious now to see "Small Town Gay Bar".

oh and another good rec: THE TIMES OF HARVEY MILK