Documentaries.

Out In The Silence

Trailer here: http://wpsu.org/outinthesilence

Full movie here: http://www.snagfilms.com/films/watch/out_in_the_silence

Though not sensational, it's a good film. It was particularly interesting for me on a personal level to hear CJ's story, because it was completely opposite of MY story back when I was a gay teen. He came out at the age of 15, and lived through hell because of it. I on the other hand was never an openly gay teen, as I first came out at the age of 20/21, and in the 9 years that have passed has never experienced any form of discrimination, violence or hurtful comments from anyone....which after seeing this movie has made me realize just how fortunate I've been! So yeah, CJ and his mom are heroes in my eyes. Ok, I'm rambling. Just watch the damn movie already.

Holy crap, I just finished watching "Dear Zachary". And the "twist" (in lack of a better word) towards the end totally tore me apart. Didn't see it coming at all...

I decided to look this up and even the trailer gave me chills. I'm gonna have to watch this now!

EDIT: I ended up watching this soon after I posted. It is extremely well done, but sad beyond belief.

Guest eriathomas

Hackers Wanted is pretty good film on the different type of hackers, and the entire second half is about Adrian Lamo (guy who got in trouble for hacking NY Times a few years back).

Wiki page

• 1 year later...
I've been making my way through a ton of British music documentaries the past two weeks. The BBC's Britannia series is great.

I concur. I think my favourite was the Synth Britannia, the electro-pop one. No idea why, other than Everything Counts by Depeche Mode I don't like electro-pop!

The Comics Britannia series was great too.

Here is a list of stuff that i think is killer:

-The Weather Underground (documentary about the famous group from the 70's)

-The History of Rock and Roll (sure it's a bit dated, but FUCKING SOLID)

-This film is not yet rated

-King of Kong

-Second Skin

-All 3 of the Jesco White Movies

-The Original Warped Tour Documentary

-Starz Sex in the Cinema mini series

Here is a list of stuff that i think is killer:

-The Weather Underground (documentary about the famous group from the 70's)

-The History of Rock and Roll (sure it's a bit dated, but FUCKING SOLID)

-This film is not yet rated

-King of Kong

-Second Skin

-All 3 of the Jesco White Movies

-The Original Warped Tour Documentary

-Starz Sex in the Cinema mini series

What's the 3rd Jesco White doc? I know there was the older PBS one that's mentioned in TWAWWOWV

The Wild And Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia

girlfriend thought it was the saddest thing she's ever seen....I thought it was the funniest...You make the call: Funny or Sad?

i thought it is what it is. i wanna party with them. i betcha their a hoot. it had it's sad parts and it's uplifting parts. not to mention the soundtrack would be fuckin' killer. loved the music.

also great docs to watch:

The Jaundiced Eye

Stevie

War Photographer

and i always recommend "hows your news?" as one of my favs. if you haven't already seen it i recommend it highly. i was laughing throught out the whole movie. truly inspiring documentary.

[image]

• 3 months later...