Documentaries.

Born Into Brothels

I wholeheartedly second this documentary.. fuckin' brilliant

also:

Dark Days (the story behind this is amazing and the dude went into debt, lost his house and every penny he had making this film... literally, i had to pitch in to send his ass back to NY after a premiere)

Paradise Lost (One of my favs)

The Devils Playground

Oh shit, Dark Days was awesome, i forgot about that one!!!

I also loved Paradise lost and devils playground too

I agree Jesus camp is crazy

I used to watch every doc i could find, but started watching really shitty ones which kinda ruined it for me. i havent seen much over the last year or so.

Worst doc ever made = Hood Politics. Ugh, so bad

I thought Aristocrats was horrible as well. I only got about a half hour into it and had to stop. Heckler by Jamie Kennedy is another terrible movie. It's mostly just him whining about how no one appreciates the Mask 2 and Malibu's Most Wanted.

I meant to mention This Film is Not Yet Rated in my first post. It was interesting for sure.

OH and another one:

beautiful losers (def see this is you're into art - it will make you want to quit your job and go live in some bizarro artist community in nyc and eat lots of ramen)

Fully backed.

I also recommend "Overnight". It's about the guy who made "The Boondock Saints" and the trials and tribulations of getting the movie made. But mostly it shows how just a glimpse at potential future fame really brings out the guy's inner douchebag.

After reading this thread, I've decided I need to watch more documentaries.

I think the last one I saw was Jesus Camp - and it was awesome(ly terribly frightening).

Jesus Camp may be the most disturbing film I have ever seen. Hypocrisy runs deep..My favorite part is when the fat witch says “there are so many fat lazy christians today”

I thought the WAL MART doc was boring and a film school project more than anything. There is nothing we don't already know about that doc. I've seen pbs docs seem more interesting.

I don't know why i forgot this doc, but anyone who's a photographer should see WAR PHOTOGRAPHER. It will blow your mind. You think you're badass because you got a pic of MADBALL on stage from the pit.. Fuck that.

also:

Beyond The Mat

The Eyes of Tammy Faye (this was really good)

Sick: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist (really interesting story of the longest living person with cystic fibrosis and how he dealt with it).

if you want some sports documentaries, i'd recommend espn's 30 for 30 series. some of them are a little slow, but there are some crazy ones that i highly recommend. ones i'd love in order:

TWO ESCOBARS - newest one. this one is fucking crazy. recommend to everyone. especially if you're into soccer.

June 17, 1994 - About OJ Simpson and how his trial affected America and sports as we speak today

Run Ricky Run - Ricky Williams, misunderstood star running back, quit football for weed or did he?

the U - University of Miami football team

without bias - about len bias. probably the best basketball player to not play in the pros. past away 2 days after he got into the NBA

there are so many good ones, but i'd reccommend my 3 favorite: oj simpson, run ricky run, and two escobars