American Apparel = Bankrupt

http://www.bella.com/

fits/styles are practically identical. but without quite as much stupid hipster/fashion retarded-ness.

I don't focus on ads too much, but these models look similar to AA ones as far as I can tell. Maybe not as diverse since they don't have a huge variety.

Also these shirts are even more expensive than AA! $22 for a tri-blend shirt! They're $18 at American Apparel, which is crazy, but $20+ is absurd.

Not to mention, their Canvas line for men, fits like real clothes. Not like only for thin people clothes.

wow, talk about overpriced t-shirts.

Oh, well yeah, they are too. But my work gets them super cheap. I never really worry about prices of t-shirts, because we get them so cheap. In fact, if anybody wants me to order them some canvas stuff that I can get my hands on, PM me and I'll get it for you cheap. Like $7 including shipping cheap.

http://www.bella.com/

fits/styles are practically identical. but without quite as much stupid hipster/fashion retarded-ness.

I don't focus on ads too much, but these models look similar to AA ones as far as I can tell. Maybe not as diverse since they don't have a huge variety.

Also these shirts are even more expensive than AA! $22 for a tri-blend shirt! They're $18 at American Apparel, which is crazy, but $20+ is absurd.

yeah, i personally wouldn't buy them (due to price), but i was just offering them up as an alternative to the people who were complaining about no other shirts being as good/fitting them as well.

do you have a gabriel brothers store in pittsburgh? cuz it's pretty much the greatest thing ever. i mention this because on occasion they have urban outfitters and american apparel stuff there for $2 or $3.

wow, talk about overpriced t-shirts.

Oh, well yeah, they are too. But my work gets them super cheap. I never really worry about prices of t-shirts, because we get them so cheap. In fact, if anybody wants me to order them some canvas stuff that I can get my hands on, PM me and I'll get it for you cheap. Like $7 including shipping cheap.

I just bought some shirts recently or I would take you up on this offer! Are you able to get those hooded t-shirts? Those look nice.

I'm not gonna lie... I own an absurd amount of AA clothing (probably in excess of 30 pieces; t-shirts, polos and hoodies). They're super comfortable and fit well. However, I've never once stood foot in any of their stores. I bought them all off of eBay for a fraction of what they charge.

I did a report on this company a year or so ago for a business class I was taking... it definitely looked like they were headed towards the dumpster back then. Ever since the stock market took a tumble their stock price just bottomed out and that police raid over illegal workers was essentially the nail in the coffin for Dov.

I may need to jump on eBay and make some last minute purchases before they go under...

My best fitting shirts are from AA. And I like their zip hoodies.

there's an aa right down the street from me. i shall rape the clearance. my zippered hoodie from them is the best fitting hoodie i've ever had. it's super long and soft. also every band shirt i have on aa is WAY more comfy than any other brand.

fuck their adverts though. shits gross/tacky.

Wandering around Chicago last weekend I saw two different AA stores. That city is hipster as fuck, so it made sense to me.

I buy my t-shirts at the craft store (Michael's, etc.) for about $3 each. Yea, they're probably made overseas in sweatshops, but I will never pay $18 for a blank t shirt.

We have no less than 8 American Apparel stores in Toronto... *sigh*

Five of them are within a 15 minute walk of each other.

That seems a little excessive.

Let me guess -- Queen St West between Yonge and Bathurst...maybe Christie. Probably Yonge up to Dundas or Bloor. **Oops -- didn't see the link. But I wasn't off by much!

Hehe. At the Christie subway station, I printed out placards that said "Front" and "Drive" and put them on the station walls. This was probably 1997 or 1998. I have a picture somewhere.