I have to draw the line somewhere

Guest admin1338560633

While I haven't deleted any threads talking shit on me, I do have a problem with someone titling a thread Virgil is a Crook.

Yes, I owe people money. Guess what? i am working on it. Every week, I have been paying various labels and distros money. I am not out of the woods and won't be for a long time. But I am working on it.

While I have looked the other way when there have been other threads talking shit on me, I have to draw the line somewhere.

if you have a problem with me, contact me. If you just want to talk shit, go to another message board.

Wow, 111 people have read the thread and not one comment? Wonder what that says about some of the people on here...

That most people not directly involved w/ the particular situation w/ Virgil and the people he owes money to do not give a shit anymore and are tired of hearing about it from others also not involved and would like to get back to bullshitting about records?

Jus' sayin'...

Wow, 111 people have read the thread and not one comment? Wonder what that says about some of the people on here...

That most people not directly involved w/ the particular situation w/ Virgil and the people he owes money to do not give a shit anymore and are tired of hearing about it from others also not involved and would like to get back to bullshitting about records?

Jus' sayin'...

+1

I have had nothing but pleasant dealings with Virgil so I have nothing but good things to say about him. However it is a fact that he owes people a good bit of money. I am not involved in any of these situations so I can only hope that he is doing what he says he is doing and slowly paying back those who are owed. I understand those that are owed money and have not had any luck with communication could get pretty frustrated, backlash is expected. The attacking in threads by those who have no bad business with the man is pretty tacky, however. The comments about the mans personal life and family dealings have no business here and show a total lack of character.

I hope that every purchaser of records, every seller of used records, every distro and record label is eventually in a situation where everything is made good.

i think part of the problem is that you don't respond to emails

this.

also, stop wasting your time drawing lines and actually DO something instead of just SAYING you'll do something, virgil.

I think he is doing something:

Yes, I owe people money. Guess what? i am working on it. Every week, I have been paying various labels and distros money. I am not out of the woods and won't be for a long time. But I am working on it.

Considering most of the shit talkers have no horse(s) in this race, it would behoove you all (the shit talkers) to just shut up and let the man handle his business.

Being that I'm still fairly new here, I'm afraid to say I have no idea what's going on and am also afraid to ask how all o this started...

Virgil used to operate an independent record label popular for its emphasis on alternative and indie rock with great customer service and $3 shipping charges but it seems for years he's been amassing a considerable amount of debt. Now tons of labels are calling him out on poor business practice and the whole website has turned on him and devolved into a gif spamming flamewar, maybe rightfully so (although that's open to interpretation) while he struggles to pay back labels as best he can, often ignoring emails to many people's dismay.

Hooray for run-on sentences.

while it may take a long time, at least this is one failed venture that is making things right. Lets not forget some of the distros in the past 10 years that failed, and the place never paid anyone back.

it would be pretty easy for Virgil to file for bankruptcy and say, fuck everyone, and no one would get a penny. a late payment is better than no payment.

i agree talking shit is different than calling out, and i am all for calling out a problem that exists if emails arent answered etc. but for everyone who is not involved, and never was involved to hop in and talk shit in every thread is pretty weak.

no one is arguing that the fact that it got to this point, and got this bad in the first place wasnt shitty/a mistake/etc. even virgil admits that.

but i gotta at least give him credit for not just throwing his hands in the air and walking away from it all completely. I would imagine a good portion of people not involved that talk shit would not still be trying to get out of the hole if they were in the situation.

Jus' sayin'...

:)