What do you do when you don't receive a record...

for TRADING??

I sent out 3 jane doe's to 3 different people and never got anything back.... from all 3 people. I'm kinda bummed out right now, but from all the PM's I feel like they're honest people.

For 1 girl, I believe she is telling me the god's honest truth, with even providing me a delivery confirmation. I don't blame her in the slightest. When I look it up, it says the item has been shipped on the 18th and delivered at 08-23. I mean do I have to go to the post office and tell them my package never arrived? not sure what to do...

another guy told me to wait on it. even though he told me he shipped it through priority and it's been 2.5 weeks. he seems genuine, but still not sure what to do. i hate getting the response, 'oh it's in the mail just wait for it...'

the last guy is basically telling me the same thing the other guy is. he told me something about the post office lagging cuz of the holidays. but shit.... it's not like it's christmas....

Have you had bad trading experiences? What can you do????

Not much I guess....?

for TRADING??

I sent out 3 jane doe's to 3 different people and never got anything back.... from all 3 people. I'm kinda bummed out right now, but from all the PM's I feel like they're honest people.

For 1 girl, I believe she is telling me the god's honest truth, with even providing me a delivery confirmation. I don't blame her in the slightest. When I look it up, it says the item has been shipped on the 18th and delivered at 08-23. I mean do I have to go to the post office and tell them my package never arrived? not sure what to do...

another guy told me to wait on it. even though he told me he shipped it through priority and it's been 2.5 weeks. he seems genuine, but still not sure what to do. i hate getting the response, 'oh it's in the mail just wait for it...'

the last guy is basically telling me the same thing the other guy is. he told me something about the post office lagging cuz of the holidays. but shit.... it's not like it's christmas....

Have you had bad trading experiences? What can you do????

Not much I guess....?

I have a few things I'm waiting on that people said they sent out so I really do think the postal service is behind right now. But it seems like it has been way to long. What you should do right off the bat is name names in this thread. If that doesn't get you anywhere then you need to start stalking these people. You have their name and address you should be able to find a lot of info. I stalked this one guy that took two months for his end of the trade and ended up finding his number because he wrote it on a chicks myspace wall, so I texted him asking what the fuck was up and sure enough a week later I get the package.

what holidays would be delaying the mail?

for the one with the Delivery Confirmation # call the post office., the other two open paypal disputes and see how fast they come up with receipts or proof of shipping...or how they miraculously get returned.

Labor day. It is trading so there is no paypal transaction.

ughhhhhhhh i feel so awful about this :[ i wish that there was something i could do, but i have no idea what. I've never had a problem with anything getting lost before (even so, i'm paranoid and always get delivery confirmation), and i sent another record out on the same day to someone else and it got to the recipient just fine. i'm really really sorry, again :[

(in case you were wondering, the first person he's talking about is me, p.s.)

Allison...I mean Alicia...already stepped up as one of the three.

i mean, i am kind of shady. having a secret identity and all.

also, i'd take a picture of the delivery confirmation slip, but i threw it away when i checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered. i think having a tracking number for it kinda proves that i sent it though.

Allison...I mean Alicia...already stepped up as one of the three.

also, i'd take a picture of the delivery confirmation slip, but i threw it away when i checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered. i think having a tracking number for it kinda proves that i sent it though.

Like I've stated above, I don't blame you in the slightest and do genuinely believe you sent it out for multiple reasons. Buuut I'm just confused as to what to do next?

I didn't want to drop usernames/names/addresses because all the people i talked about are actually regular users who post here.... They were pretty reputable which is why I wasn't really hesitant on trading.

It's just that if they said they sent it, I don't know what to do? I don't want to be an asshole and be like, 'no. you're fucking lying' because if they really did send it, i'd feel bad about that. it just sucks cuz i sent out 3 different records and haven't gotten a single one back...

tellallyourfriends i'm in california.

Like I've stated above, I don't blame you in the slightest and do genuinely believe you sent it out for multiple reasons. Buuut I'm just confused as to what to do next?

i know; i just still feel really awful about you not getting the record. :[ i wish i knew how to help, but usps tends to generally be less than helpful in situations like this.

It's possible that USPS is just slow. I won a CD from a guy on ebay two weeks ago and got it yesterday. Don't know when he sent it out, but it shouldn't take two full weeks for a CD to get from North Carolina to New York.

true, I once had CD masters get lost in the mail, sent to me from new jersey and after I got the replacements, the originals showed up...something like 32 days after the postmarking

Maybe I'm stating the obvious and I don't mean to be a dick, but is it possible you gave them all the wrong address? I know how ridiculous that sounds but I did it once. It was just a typo and fortunately it all worked out but you may have made the same mistake.

no you don't sound like a dick for stating that. you'd be a dick if you said, "god is punishing you for flipping all them jane does, bro."

I actually thought I did give the wrong address since I haven't heard back from anyone. I checked my outbox and typed everything perfectly. Had 1 guy verify that he wrote what i typed. but thanks for that input

I live at a house. Don't have any shady neighbors or anything. It's mostly nice old people who wave every time they see you in the neighborhood. I just hope you guys are correct when you talk about slow shipping. My record to PA arrived 8-24 and to SC arrived 8-27 and this was all done through Media mail AND on top of that we sent our records at the same time....which is why I'm thinking it's a lil' bit too late to be slow shipping. I hope you're right though.....

tellallyourfriends i'm in california.

On the delivery confirmation, did it pass through Bell, Ca?

The delivery confirmation on a package that I am expecting has not been updated since it got there and that was 4 days ago. Another package that I mailed is also in Bell, CA and that was two weeks ago. These were all media mail by the way.

i was talking to my friend about this last night and he said that once he had a package that said it was delivered, and after a couple days of not receiving it, he called the post office and apparently it was sitting there. ...not delivered. so call them and ask what's up!

Or the person who sent it could be retarded and didn't put your city/state on the package. Like I did. I work for a university where we have a shipper. You take them packages, leaves them a grant number, they ship for you. We got a new person to work this job this summer, and another one for the fall. Usually undergrads who don't care except for their $7.50 an hour pay.

I went to drop off more packages today from my sale last week and saw a familiar mailer. I looked and it was your's Damon, with a sticky note saying "No city/state/zip??" So... some of us are just dumb.