Official Secret Santa 2010 (updated 1/04)

I'm into absolutely everything and anything random! I don't care if you go through Wal Mart and grab a box of tissues or silly string. Well, I'd rather use the silly string, but you get the idea!

Just check out my deadformat list and you can see what types of music I'm into --- I'm really into any big band/swing vinyl (specifically Ray Connif) and I love Johnny Mathis.

Hell, a can of sprinkles would probably be the coolest gift ever!

I'll watch any comedy ever made. My favorite (non-comedy) foreign movie is El Espinazo Del Diablo! I realllllyyy enjoy Martial Arts movies. Bruce Lee!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like things that are creepy, things that are hand made or things that are from your home town.

Florian Bertmer, The Melvins, Floor/Torche, Boris, owls, bats, skulls, 2 headed animals, Chihuahuas(I have 3 of them) are all things I enjoy.

I'm really a simple dude. Something that comes from your town would mean way more to me then some record I want. Hope this doesn't make it harder for whoever got me, haha.

Guest errolwest

my name is errol. i have a love of beer, bacon, and the kinsella brothers.

im also really into hardcore, i am stoked on any band thats on vitriol/deathwish.

I've been told that I am impossible to shop for...but here goes...hopefully it will help put my SS.

I'm a sucker for all things Deathwish Inc. and Hydra Head. Two of my favorite labels out there.

Big fan of hardcore and metal...but mostly the 90's midwest stuff...especially from Louisville, KY. Also really into 90's indie/shoegaze/Brit-pop stuff.

Lately I've had an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift. But Christina Aguilera will always be my #1 unhealthy obsession. Ha!

I love art and concert prints (yes, even to shows I didn't attend)...some favorite artists are Aaron Horkey, J. Bannon, Florian Bertmer, Tyler Stout, Tom Whalen, and Frank Kozik.

Books...I tend to be all over the place but I rather like music and band-related biographies and the like.

Star Wars, Anime, and horror movies are a constant.

See my trade list to get an idea of favorite bands. If anything, there are a few VCers who know me well, can always ask them.

i'm kinda new so i figure i should do this.

between 1999 and 2004 i would mostly buy only my favorite albums on vinyl, as i was working on an ultimate cd collection. then 2 years ago i decided to sell all my 1000+ cds. it gave me the reason to buy records again so now i'm trying to play catch up on 6 years of not buying on top of all the older stuff i'd want. over the last few months i sold a lot of my 7"s that i didn't listen to focus on buying lp's. if you check out my list you can get an idea of what i like.

i think i've already figured out what to get my person and it's good timing because it's the annual 20% the entire store sale at waterloo this weekend! that means more stuff for them in the mail.

besides music i'm a huge movie and sports nerd(houston astros, arsenal soccer, houston texans, and lsu football). and comics have become a new obsession, as i've pretty much filled an entire shelf in just a little over a year.

one last important thing, i have my wife's records also added to my list and although i don't mind including 95% of hers as mine i do not want anymore mates of state or lady gaga records... yes, unfortunately i do have 2 lady gaga lp's on my record shelf.

one last important thing, i have my wife's records also added to my list and although i don't mind including 95% of hers as mine i do not want anymore mates of state or lady gaga records...

booooo. i get so much shit for all my Mates Of State vinyl. i still want more! :D

i'm into music, lots of different styles and textures of music. pretty much anything innovative, noisy, loud, abrasive, offensive, unique, different. from metal to punk to instrumental/post-rock to hardcore to indie to dance/electronic. take your pick.

some of my favorite bands over the years: Deftones, Far, The Get Up Kids, Fang Island, Daughters, Slayer, Vaux, The Kinison, Glassjaw, Circa Survive, Converge, Combichrist, Mindless Self Indulgence, Mates Of State, Tegan And Sara, Will Haven, Milemarker, Engine Down, Denali, Orange 9mm, Calla, Blonde Redhead, Stars, Download, Skinny Puppy, The Blood Brothers, Kill Me Tomorrow, Norma Jean, The Roots, Ice Cube, Outkast, Mos Def, Bettie Serveert, Mastodon, Akimbo, Coliseum, Failure, Crumb, etc etc etc.

i've always bought vinyl since i was 15-16 but i got more hardcore about it since 2004/2005 when i bought a little better turntable than a run of the mill Sony. i like local music, music i haven't heard, local labels and upstarts. i've found a LOT of great music thanks to this board and the labels that promote themselves on here. i'm working on my list again right now. it's pretty out of date since the last ss, it's just overwhelming to keep up with it all constantly.

the labels i love and usually order from are: Polyvinyl, Temporary Residence Limited, Mylene Sheath, Three.One.G, Second Nature, Skin Graft, Magic Bullet, Lovepump United, Denovali, Cavity, No Idea.

my main hobby is going to see bands. although, my job likes to take that from me with the less and less hours i'm able to work. hell, if anyone wants to send me a new or part time job for SS, i'd take that ;)

i love movies but i've really resorted to Netflix and streaming. i have 500 dvd's collecting dust on the shelves in the house right now. it's overkill.

what i'm basically saying is send me records. local scene, local bands, local labels. i've lived in CA, Vegas, AZ and MN over the years. i've tried to absorb as much as the locals i could. anything that you love i'd probably like. last year i got a Signal Home cd from jasonskanks and it's still on the ipod. i'm pretty easy to please.

Like Juan, I've also been told that I'm a difficult person to shop for. Apologies I guess?

Some of my favorite bands are Thrice, Radiohead, Thursday, Fucked Up, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, Against Me!, Converge, Deftones, Have Heart, Ceremony, Between The Buried And Me, Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, Glassjaw, Wu Tang...The list goes on and on but this'll do I suppose. I'm a sucker for anything zombie related. My favorite comics are Crossed, Kick Ass, Nemesis, and The Walking Dead. I'm not picky with books, to be honest. If someone tells me something is good, I'll go ahead and read it. um...I'm a medium in shirts. Favorite beer is Newcastle and favorite alcohol is Jim Bean (I'm a very simple guy). Favorite team: Boston Red Sox.

I think that'll do.

Let's see... I listen to a lot of roots,americana, alt country but I still enjoy good punk, hardcore and metal. I really enjoy drinking quality beer, listening to records and watching movies (often at the same time). I'm kind of simple and low key. I'm also pretty sure what I just posted will be of little to no help to whomever got me.

I love anything to do with Saves the Day, and Northstar. I graduated from the Univ. of Tenn with a degree in History. Anti-Flag single handedly got me out of listening to country music.

I think Dale Earnhardt memorabilia is hilarious.

I love the Walking Dead and It's Always Sunny. I work at Hot Topic just so I can provide for yous guys in the Hot Topic clearance thread. Yesterday I played 9 hours of Black Ops, because I don't have much of a life.

My band, Paper Monsters, is playing its last show on December 11th.

I drive a cougar, and I think that is hilarious. I try to skateboard, and suck. I have no balance.

I'm a Phillies fan, for life. NWO 4 Life.

I'm vegetarian straight edge kid and my favorite bands are Portugal the Man, Have Heart, Bane (but aside from that and a few other bands, I don't really dig hardcore) Cap'n Jazz (and all its offshoot bands)/anything Kinsella related and glassjaw.

I'm in love with midwest mathy noodly stuff, pretty much every Chicago band (that applies to that genre?) ever. I just moved to Chicago from NYC (to be in the music scene here, among other things).

I, too, dig homemade stuff. Its rad when people actually take the time out to do something for someone else that you can't just buy. I dig a lot of foreign movies (my girlfriend and I have a growing collection).

I LOVE everything Futurama. I have all the kidrobot toys/DVD's, but can't get enough of it.

The only sport I really love is soccer. Big Portugal fan (I'm Portuguese), and I support Sporting Lisbon, and Real Madrid *for all things outside of Portugal*.

I have a Zelda tattoo (so as you might know, I'm a huge nintendo nerd).

I used to skate a lot, but stopped.

Check my list for related bands and stuff.

I guess that's enough.

I'm vegetarian straight edge kid and my favorite bands are Portugal the Man, Have Heart, Bane (but aside from that and a few other bands, I don't really dig hardcore) Cap'n Jazz (and all its offshoot bands)/anything Kinsella related and glassjaw.

I'm in love with midwest mathy noodly stuff, pretty much every Chicago band (that applies to that genre?) ever. I just moved to Chicago from NYC (to be in the music scene here, among other things).

I, too, dig homemade stuff. Its rad when people actually take the time out to do something for someone else that you can't just buy. I dig a lot of foreign movies (my girlfriend and I have a growing collection).

I LOVE everything Futurama. I have all the kidrobot toys/DVD's, but can't get enough of it.

The only sport I really love is soccer. Big Portugal fan (I'm Portuguese), and I support Sporting Lisbon, and Real Madrid *for all things outside of Portugal*.

I guess that's enough.

\

What is your Zelda tattoo, the triangle?

I guess that's enough.

\

What is your Zelda tattoo, the triangle?

The whole Hyrule Crest:

[image]

Força SCP!

It's going to be tough to qualify for the champions league next year, but we will win the C3 this year! They HAVE to beat Coimbra this weekend!

I don't think we'll qualify, Porto is WAY too good. But I have confidence that we'll beat Coimbra.

Second team overall goes to the C1 qualyfing round, we can still hope for that! We won't finish above Porto for sure, you're right