The Walking Dead

mcm1610

The early issues are worth alot of money now since the show has blown up but most anything past issue 24 is super cheap to track down. Getting the compendium with the first 48 issues runs less than $30 on Amazon usually and to get what's going on in the show for atleast the next couple of seasons, that's really about as far as you would need to go. I typically torrent the new issues each month and then buy them in trades (they come out almost immediately after a storyline or bundle of six issues wraps up).

Finally caught up. Best episode of the season. I hope the shit hits the fan this week down on the creepy farm.

The beauty of 12 episode seasons is that even if they can't make the first half interesting the second is almost always good. Hoping we hit the apex of the arc soon and the episodes stay good.

Sweet jesus things just got even more complicated! Last night's episode was like watching an episode of The Real World except with even more zombies.

Bummed that next week is the mid-season finale. I know the pacing of this show is fairly slow so I'm wondering if just one episode will give us enough time to show the survivors gearing up to leave the farm. Herschel definitely wants them out of there ASAP otherwise someone might go killing his flock of barn walkers.

And I know that Lori was probably totally freaking out during that whole "keep the baby; don't keep the baby" dilemma but when she finally admitted to Rick about what happened between her and Shane I figured she would at least try to defend her position and not just whimper and say "uh-huh" to whatever Rick asserted. At the very least mention the fact that you saw the city of Atlanta being bombed WITH NAPALM. The fact that Rick ended up making it out alive is nothing short of a miracle and all things considered I wouldn't fault Lori for making the decisions that she did. I was pretty shocked that Rick quickly came to that conclusion... I gotta give him some credit for that one.

i hate that they're ruining Andrea's character for me. she was one of my favorites in the comics, and hooking up with creep-o Shane is just...ugh.

She has been my least favorite for the entire show run. I'm mostly bummed that they are bringing her more to the forefront, not sure how that jives with the comic.

Last night was a good example of what bugs me most about the show. Going to the suburbs and exploring is a very cool premise, and they give it about 15 minutes of screen-time. The rest is devoted to a bunch of in-fighting masquerading as complex moral commentary.

But again, I'll be watching next week.

Last night's episode was further proof of how much I hate Lori and Andrea. Their characters are so...just lame...all they bring, in my opinion, is a very much forced conflict. There's nothing really interesting about them and what you do know about them, one is suicidal, the other is a ho, is forced on the viewer and no natural flow to it.

I just don't like them.

While Andrea and Lori are going deeper and deeper into the camp of being unlikable, I feel like Maggie is joining them there with the hot/cold routine she keeps throwing out. Obviously she's feeling a lot of confusion and isn't sure how to deal with her feelings, but Glenn's such a great guy all around that her treatment of him is pretty awful for the most part.

Comic Spoiler: I think the Andrea/Shane thing is a quick plot diversion since it's been hinted at several times that her and Dale are getting together as they do in the comic.

Right when I think this show is going to get super great it goes back to just being meh for me. I thought the writing in this episode was terrible. The whole maggie/glen I almost got killed and I can't lose you speech made me cringe as did the shane/andria hook up. Also at this point if sophia doesn't end up being a zombie and eating someone(shane) I'm going to be pissed

Comic Spoiler: I think the Andrea/Shane thing is a quick plot diversion since it's been hinted at several times that her and Dale are getting together as they do in the comic.

I would have prefered that this plot line play out the way it does in the comic. I cringed when Andrea and Shane both came back from their "ride" in the Hyundai. As if Dale and Andrea don't have enough baggage in their "relationship" already...

I'm sure it will get to how it was in the comic. I think the Shane variable is really neat because it acts as an alternate world storyline since he was offed so early on in the comics. The fact that Otis dies early in the show versus lasting much longer in the comics provides that system of checks and balances in a way that's really interesting. I'll be a WD apologist for probably as long as this series airs and have really been enjoying this season despite pacing complaints.

...all they bring, in my opinion, is a very much forced conflict... no natural flow to it.

Yes Exactly. This is one of my all time favorite shows but these characters are a bit absurd lately. I will admit it is more andrea but I really feel no one would do the things she does. It feels fake at times. Not the acting, just the situations.

Lets hope the show gets moving soon in the next episode. AND FIND THAT DAMN LITTLE GIRL DEAD OR ALIVE.

...all they bring, in my opinion, is a very much forced conflict... no natural flow to it.

Yes Exactly. This is one of my all time favorite shows but these characters are a bit absurd lately. I will admit it is more andrea but I really feel no one would do the things she does. It feels fake at times. Not the acting, just the situations.

Lets hope the show gets moving soon in the next episode. AND FIND THAT DAMN LITTLE GIRL DEAD OR ALIVE.

It is.

Welp. Awful as it is to say, not gonna lie. I'm glad the Sophia bullshit is finally over. The show was practically more about looking for her than surviving a zombie apocalypse. Dick move on Hershel's part to have never even once mentioned anything though. Also damn, I swear I thought either Shane or Dale were gonna die tonight haha.

They really are pushing the "Shane is a brutal asshole thing" pretty hard. It's hard to believe he would have no compassion.

I'm also glad Sophia is dead. Or found. Or whatever. That was a good episode, but what comes next. I figure they gotta leave the farm, or a least that is the show I want to watch.

shane and or andrea is "under the influence of zombie blood". one of the talking dead's talked about the taking in of zombie blood as being explained this season. at least andrea has taken some zombie blood in her body, shane maybe. either way they are both bat shit crazy now.

This was probably the best episode of the season. Too bad we have to wait three months to see how this goes. I'm pretty sure Hershel was echoing his comics counterpart by sitting there and letting the group off the barn full of walkers. While he was clearly in shock as he watched, Shane's demonstration seems to have gotten through to him since he made no attempt to halt their shooting. Sofia's death also helps (halfway) solve the conundrum the writers will have to deal with in terms of keeping such a small period of time going over the course of the seasons while the children of the group continue to rapidly age into their teenage years.

Spoiler!!!:

at least in the show, all of Hershel's kids escaped unscathed from the incident.