The Walking Dead

mcm1610

The sneak peak from next week's episode on the talking dead was pretty cool. Dave and Tony weren't bluffing when they mentioned their friends who needed help. Rick will need to be pretty creative in order to cover up his little shoot out.

Also, in regards to the talking dead, sweet jesus is Dave Navarro a fucking idiot. He claims to be invested in watching the show yet he doesn't even know the fuck Dale is. Seriously...

The Talking Dead is still on the air?

...and people watch it?

I know... I know... I'll watch anything TWD related. It airs at midnight for some reason. I can't imagine it gets very good ratings. I was curious to see what the new show runner, Glen Mazzara, would have to say and he actually came across a lot better than he did in that interview that was previously posted.

The sneak peak from next week's episode on the talking dead was pretty cool. Dave and Tony weren't bluffing when they mentioned their friends who needed help. Rick will need to be pretty creative in order to cover up his little shoot out.

Also, in regards to the talking dead, sweet jesus is Dave Navarro a fucking idiot. He claims to be invested in watching the show yet he doesn't even know the fuck Dale is. Seriously...

not to defend dave navarro, but i've been invested in this show since the first season and i'm still not 100% on all the character names.

also, 2 degrees to Singled Out between dave navarro and chris hardwick.

I finally watched the episode...and damn...things are heating up...well, as much as they can in the show.

Rick cappin' those two drifter Philly dudes...damn! That was intense.

I like where Darrell is heading with being all pissed off that he wasted his time searching for Sophia.

i think they wrote in lori flipping the car so the baby dies and they can move off the farm.

also, the arm falling off the back of the truck does has some sort of significance, but dont look into it too much. its basically there to just show how desensitized they are now to shit like an arm falling off the back of the truck. its the state of their world now where something like that is just normal and doesnt phase them. like when they are burning the bodies the black guy says "how many times are we gonna have to do this?"

at least thats what i think....

***Spoiler Alert****

:P

I'll try to be vague here but I think tokimedo is on to something in regards to that car flip. I was reading through the graphic novels at a pretty good pace up until when the prison assault goes down and we see the incident with Lori and Judy. I was so emotionally distraught by all of it that I had to stop reading for a couple weeks. I just couldn't take it. If they were to actually portray that scene on TV I would be dumbfounded. I just don't think it could ever happen. That's one thing about the graphic novels that will always appeal to me more than the TV show. Robert Kirkman was able to get away with such realistic and brutal story lines. Things they could never show on television (unless it were on Showtime or HBO maybe). This car flip would easily solve that problem.

i would be so mad if they resolved the 'im pregnant! WHAT THE EFF DO WE DO NOW?!' storyline before judith was even born.

Yeah the birth, and afterwards were one of the tenses parts in the Comics. The whole prison was just amazing, and I really hope they end up going there on this show.

Question for you comic readers. I know the show has been taking some liberties, but does it seem like most of the MAJOR comic points are hit or touched on in the show. Has it been a good indicator of what might happen long term, even if they deviate short term?

Most of the spoilers for the comics haven't seemed to apply too much to the show so I haven't been stressing them.

'some liberties' is being nice.

really, the only things so far that have been true to the comic:

there are zombies.

some people survived and are traveling around in an RV.

shane is kinda crazy.

glenn is kinda awesome.

carl gets shot.

they go to a farm.

there's walkers in the barn.

they only really skipped two or so MAJOR plot points (though one could hopefully happen by the end of the season, albeit out of order chronologically), and added in a bunch of (in my opinion) unnecessary ones.

i think they wrote in lori flipping the car so the baby dies and they can move off the farm.

Gotta be this, or at least I hope. If she is pregnant they ain't leaving the farm.

Had its good spots, had its bad spots. The whole Lori car wreck bit seems stunningly unneeded.

Her last abortion didn't work so well.

there are zombies.

shane is kinda crazy.

glenn is kinda awesome.

carl gets shot.

they go to a farm.

they only really skipped two or so MAJOR plot points (though one could hopefully happen by the end of the season, albeit out of order chronologically), and added in a bunch of (in my opinion) unnecessary ones.

I'm sure no one would argue about the unnecessary plot points. For my money the entire series has been based around creating artificial conflicts and scenarios to fill episodes without really committing to anything.

Follow up question if you will. I could see how being a major fan of the comic you would be irritated by lack of continuity. But from the outside looking in, it seems like an interesting opportunity to re-experience the story in a new light or setting, which could be a coo. If the TV series was executed better, but still very differently from the comics, would comic readers be happy?

In other words, if it were a better show, would the faithfulness to the original material matter that much?

Yeah I mean I think they can change things and it would still satisfy those of us who have read the comics, but its one thing to change a few things here and there on the show and another to completely neglect a GIANT freaking plot and focus on a brand new boring one(SOPHIA!). I love the comics, I like the show but I have hard time with it just because they really have changed so much and not so much for the better. Also I feel like the show is progressing sooo slowly. I just don't know why they don't do any time lapse what so ever.

there are zombies.

shane is kinda crazy.

glenn is kinda awesome.

carl gets shot.

they go to a farm.

They also, for some reason, chose to not include Tyreese. What the fuck were they thinking? That guy was so awesome!

WAS THAT THE PRISON?!

(in the sneak peak for next week's episode)

I got so excited when I saw this. It's gotta be. They started luring them to the fence and stabbing them in the head like that at the prison in the comic...and that zombie looked like a prison guard.

This episode was really good, by the way. Strong start for this second half. Really stoked shit's starting to come down on Shane.