Kanye West - MBDTF 3xLP

• 1 year later...

I know that the last post was almost 15 months ago, but I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with their copy. I ordered new from Amazon and while playing through Monster (disc 2, side a), the needle skips a groove and a line from Kanye's verse is missed. I spoke to Amazon and they sent me a replacement, which has the exact same issue. I went to a friend's (RhoBearToe) house and cleaned the disc, which did nothing. But while we were cleaning, we noticed that my discs had considerably more dead wax on each side. Same tracks on each side, just mine took up a lot less space. Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

While the music on the album is great, this is by far one of the worst *sounding* albums I own.  The mastering for vinyl may be somewhat better than the CD but the original recording is compressed to death.  Not much can be done to make it sound any better.

On top of that the entire pressing run seems to be full of defects.  Non-fill, warps, scuffs, scratches, off-center.  It's really a shame.  Those who think this album sounds good have to be listening on a Crosley.