do you give your mail carrier a gift?

cesar11

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a card on the table right now with $20 as this has been a hefty year of delivering packages, well, the last 8 years. I figure it's time to tip him so he doesn't leave anymore ON the mailbox.

but now I'm hoping he is the mailman actually working this week as it's Christmas, I should have set this up last week but I've been working so much I can't even catch him during the week the last few weeks.

my guy is great and i want to tip him. i use to buy lots of posters and have switched to records and he always treats my stuff with the utmost care. i stopped him one day and told him how much i appricate him and told him i would like to tip him and he said it wasn't necessary. i still want to do something for him but I can't decided if I should go cash or gift card? cash seems so dare I say dirty yet why should I presume that he shops at Target.

100 is too hefty for me too, i'm guessing between 25 and 50.

and its not illegal, its just not allowed by the regulations of the postal service, no one goes to jail or gets fined, your postman could just lose their job. so I mean, whats more important, them getting a gift card for keeping your limited pressing dry, or them keeping their job? just get them a card saying thank you, thats all you need to do.

i don't get tipped for doing my job like i'm supposed to, and postal service employees make more than i do to start with.

the only time i can justify or understand tipping someone is when tips are a significant source of their income, i.e. servers in restaurants, tattoo artists, etc.