what're you collecting ?

I have a pretty large collection of paintings, mixed media art pieces and a handful of prints i picked up over the last 5-6 years.

Other than that i have a massive movie/tv show collection that i am slowly converting to digital files and purging. Right now i have 2 full TB harddrives and have roughly 325 seasons of tv shows and about 450 movies and i am only partially done ripping my movies.

I want to have every episode of every TV i have ever watched at my finger tips. I am the digital hoarder

ocean city maryland cat's meow replicas (for those of you who have no idea what that is, ask your mom or your grandma. or look here: http://www.courtesyshopoc.com/cats_meow_catalog.htm)

Haha, my mom and grandma both collect those as well. They are pretty neat though.

see, i have the hobbies of someone 30 years older than i really am.

also, sometimes when i'm choosing one, the person in the store will suggest one of the non-cat's meow ones and im like HOLY CRAP NO, IT HAS TO HAVE THE LITTLE CAT ON IT AND THEY ALL HAVE TO BE UNIFORM OR MY COLLETION WILL BE RUIIIIIIINED!

i'm very particular about my cat's meow.

I collect anything to do with the Phillies, and Roberto Clemente. Also collect books. Between my fiance and I we have well over 500 books. Nothing too fancy, just love to read.

i have a mint conditioned Clemente Rookie :)

I imagine that it is not for sale/trade is it?

I used to have a sweet set of Micheal Jordan Pogs with this sweet slammer. I threw them out years ago though.

THAT'S NOT STRANGE AT ALL, ALICIA. Nope, not at all. Natatall.

I always ask people to bring me back shotglasses from wherever they visit, which is easier to find than patches; however, patches sound pretty cool, especially since you're sewing them on blankies n shiz. I'll see if I can find patches of whatever and send it to you. I want you to make a scarf with the patches I find. GOT IT?!

YESSIR, AYE AYE CAP'N DAN!

also, i found 3 tubes of pogs when i was cleaning out some things in my basement the other day. of course i kept them. HOW COULD I THROW THOSE GEMS AWAY?!

i'm going to mail some to you.

THAT'S THE BEST NEWS EVER, GILLIGAN. OR GINGER ALE...WELL, SHIT, WHATEVER HER NAME WAS.

CAP'N DAN JONES

214 WALNUT STREET

BERRYVILLE, VA 22611

haha, pretty much. it's an illustration that faces the title page. it's so goddamn nerdy. in most aspects its actually cheaper than collecting vinyl - my oldest copy was only around $20 shipped from a seller in ohio.

i've been storing them in my plastic record jackets because i don't have any suitable temperature-controlled place to store them in my apartment.

Records, but currently one record in particular: "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass. I always find at least one copy when I go digging at thrift stores/yard sales, and I've never paid more than a dollar for a copy. I have around 30ish copies right now.

Other than records, cameras from the 1950s-70s and pint glasses.

Records, but currently one record in particular: "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass. I always find at least one copy when I go digging at thrift stores/yard sales, and I've never paid more than a dollar for a copy. I have around 30ish copies right now.

I was thinking of doing this at one point. Love that you followed through!

Records and prints, lately getting back into baseball cards/ anything to do with the Reds, some Harry Potter stuff, and I try to find a pint glass to bring back from vacation. Comic books have been on the back burner for a while now, but for a while I would go into the shop every Wednesday.

In my youth I was into basketball cards and pogs. I used to be into nike SB's but stopped buying in 08. It's crazy to see some of the shoes i have around selling for 300-700 on the bay!

I'm always collecting something. Records are a mountain as is my baseball memorabilia. I have a great little collection of items from old Yankee Stadium including bricks, original 1923 steel, mound dirt taken just after the final game and more. It's my own monument to a place very important to me and my family.

I've also taken to collecting original comic art and have about 10 pieces from artists like Tim Sale, David Lapham, Ed McGuiness, Jason and others. They look awesome framed.