super bummed - H2O + more bummerness

So I'm a big H2O fan and I've never seen them because they rarely come to Atlanta (this is kind of common). I was up in NYC last week and was gonna go see them with the souls at H4TH and that got cancelled. I had the opportunity to see them on the 30th in NYC and didn't because I thought I'd be seeing them tonight. And the show just got cancelled...

I was fortunate enough to see them twice about a month ago with Wisdom in Chains. Still an amazing band.

OP you should make the drive to Jacksonville and see them with Casey Jones! the show is like, next week or something.

Edit: shit I guess they canceled all their Florida dates. weak. my sister is gonna be pissed!

I was at a Lifetime show in Philly and Wayne Kramer (MC5) was opening. It sucked so hard, but of course there's always an idiot or two. This dude gets on stage right at the end of a song and runs across the stage, then leaps into the crowd, arms and legs spread wide. I was in the very back of the room, so I couldn't see anything but him jumping. Then the music stops and I just hear this *thud* and see people just kind of looking in his direction. Some bouncers go jogging to the front, and a few minutes later they carry this totally unconscious, limp dumbass out. It was so surreal and funny.

Damn, H20. I still have their first demo. I was knocked unconscious by a feet first stage diver at one of their first shows. They opened that show for Rancid at the Limelight in nyc in 1994 (1995?). I'm so happy stage diving isn't as common.

March 1, 1995. Awesome show (except that the Lunachicks were on the bill).

• 4 years later...

I was looking at old threads I posted in and saw this. Weird because I was going to see H2O in florida in a few weeks and that got cancelled.

Ah, bummer they canceled their FL shows. That must've been a very recent decision because all their tour merch still lists those shows on the back of the shirts and whatnot.

It was like 3 weeks ago. Pretty sure it has to do with Todd quitting the band. Kind of weird that they only cancelled the FL dates though. Like "Hey, I'm going to quit, but we can still play all these shows in really cold places, but Florida is too damn hot in the winter."

Which Todd? Todd Morse left the band before recording the new album, and I know Todd F isnt on current tour, but they have the dude from the Used filling in in Europe and all US shows.

Which Todd? Todd Morse left the band before recording the new album, and I know Todd F isnt on current tour, but they have the dude from the Used filling in in Europe and all US shows.

Technically, the dude from the Used is actually the dude from Rancid — he hasn't been in the Used for like 7 or 8 years. And yeah, Todd Morse isn't in the band anymore (and I'm convinced he had nothing to do with the new record, which is pretty terrible—he was their main songwriter on all their other albums). But Colin from None More Black is his permanent replacement.