Writer's Strike is Over?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23057002/

A deal has been struck between the major media companies and the Writers Guild of America to end the writers' strike, former Walt Disney chief executive Michael Eisner revealed on CNBC.

writers strike, michael eisner

AP

Michael Eisner

"It's over," Eisner said. "They made the deal, they shook hands on the deal. It's going on Saturday to the writers in general."

Eisner, speaking live on CNBC's "Fast Money," seemed to hesitate initially about whether it was possible that the writers could still reject the agreement, but finally suggested the deal's acceptance was inevitable.

"A deal has been made, and they'll be back to work very soon," Eisner said, adding, "I know a deal's been made. I know it's over."

Eisner did not elaborate on terms of the agreement. He said he expects most of the media companies affected by the strike to have "small" write-downs as a result of the deal. Eisner said the deal was struck last Friday.

As a result of studio cutbacks, however, many of the writers who went on strike are unlikely to return to the same big-money contracts they'd had as individuals with the studios, Eisner said.

YAH! The two groups who ultimately could afford not to work have finally reached a compromise after screwing over the entire day to day employees of the film and TV industry. I'm glad to see the two fucking fat cash hogs of the industry have finally agreed on a mutually beneficial position for blowing themselves.

YUSSSS!!!! NO DOWNTIME DURING LOST!!!

there will still be downtime. bummer.

I read an article, I think it Entertainment Weekly a week or so ago and they said if the Strike ended that day then Lost would be able to finish the season. Also, we may even be able to see an episode or two of the Office -- unless they save them for next season.

nope, 16 episodes straight, no stoppage all season.

Proof? They've only filmed 8, I doubt they've even written the scripts for the other ones.

Yeah, I'd like some proof too. I know the actors have said that they thought there would be the full 16 episodes if the strike ended soon enough, but I think there would still be a gap due to the production time on the show. I know from watching the special features that it takes a long time to put one episode together.

fuck you scott, you have to jinx everything

ABC confirmed on Wednesday, March 21st, 2007 that Lost will return for a fourth season. The airdate for the premiere was confirmed to be January 31, 2008 at 9:00PM EST. ABC originally intended to air 16 episodes, to be followed by two additional 16-episode seasons in 2009 and 2010 [1]. However due the the WGA strike, only 8 episodes (as well as the mobisode series) were filmed. It is unknown whether all 8 will have completed post-production and be ready for broadcast. If not all 16 episodes airs during Season 4, it is expected Season's 5 and 6 will be extended to ensure the complete 48 episodes promised by ABC.

I heard everything is already written for this season of LOST. They just halted the production to support the writers.

From what I understand after the first 8-10 episodes are filmed for the start of each season they never have anything written more than two episodes ahead of time.

That's how they were able to kill off those two new characters they introduced last season that everyone hated (they were originally supposed to be mainstays, but there was such a backlash against them that they were written off).