ATTN: Designers - New Vinyl Collective Logo!

Guest admin1338560633

As you know we will be revamping the whole Vinyl Collective blog, which means we are looking to design a new Vinyl Collective logo. We thought of instead of having our designers make it we would open up the opportunity to all on the board!

If we pick your logo here is what we will give you:

1. Seven out of print records from Mightier Than Sword/ Academy Fight Song:

Blink-182 “Dude Ranch” - first pressing

Blink-182 “Enema of the State” - first pressing

Blink-182 “Self-titled” 2XLP – 180G black vinyl

Brand New “Devil & God” 2XLP – 180G black vinyl

Copeland “In Motion” LP – 180G black vinyl

Nightmares For A Week “Don’t Die” LP – 180G black vinyl

Nightmares For A Week “Veins” 7” - black vinyl

2. $125 Shop Radio Cast Gift Certificate

And now for the specs:

• Must be designed in Photoshop or illustrator

• Is a minimum of 300 dpi

• Must include a color scheme

• Must Include “Vinyl Collective” do not add “THE”

Otherwise you can do whatever you want!

Submit the Logo:

Please just send a .jpg version of the logo, no larger then 1 MB to [email protected]

Deadline:

Wednesday January 19, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST

wait. so you are keeping the vinyl collective name and making vinyl collective logos and stuff too?

i'm assuming the idea here is to get away from the vinyl collective label logo and have a label showing the board more as a vinyl collective...

I could be wrong...maybe they bought out virgil?

Totally entering.

Also, I would be really interested in seeing the "honourable mentions".

I think it wouldnt be fair if we posted what has already been done before the deadline! We will definitely post what we got submitted after Wednesdays deadline! Maybe we will select a few we like and have you guys vote on the final one

Totally entering.

Also, I would be really interested in seeing the "honourable mentions".

I think it wouldnt be fair if we posted what has already been done before the deadline! We will definitely post what we got submitted after Wednesdays deadline! Maybe we will select a few we like and have you guys vote on the final one

Well that's pretty much what I meant! 8-)

In their defense they are offering records and a gift certificate, so it's not free design work as you put it. It's spec work. And while I don't normally advocate spec work or crowd sourcing, because I too am a working designer and get frustrated with people who downplay the importance of our skills and industry, I think this is a different situation then normal. It's not a company asking for spec work so much as it's a community, that you choose to be a part of, asking for people in said community to donate time in exchange for records.

That being said, same response to everyone who complains about spec work. Don't like? Don't participate.

In their defense they are offering records and a gift certificate, so it's not free design work as you put it. It's spec work. And while I don't normally advocate spec work or crowd sourcing, because I too am a working designer and get frustrated with people who downplay the importance of our skills and industry, I think this is a different situation then normal. It's not a company asking for spec work so much as it's a community, that you choose to be a part of, asking for people in said community to donate time in exchange for records.

That being said, same response to everyone who complains about spec work. Don't like? Don't participate.

well put.