Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

this is the most disgusting form of flipping i've ever seen. goes beyond the arrogance of posting eBay auctions for pre-ordered records.

I actually reported it to eBay. Not sure if he's breaking any rules or not, but by the time the auction ends, he won't even know if he'll be able to get the record or not. Lame.

this goes beyond anything i've ever seen. he's making an auction for a record that he can't guarantee and jacking up the price beyond belief. this takes the whole fun and point out of a thing like RSD. he's just trying to profit off people (like myself) who care about it but can't make it to RSD. fuck that.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually reported it to eBay. Not sure if he's breaking any rules or not, but by the time the auction ends, he won't even know if he'll be able to get the record or not. Lame.

this goes beyond anything i've ever seen. he's making an auction for a record that he can't guarantee and jacking up the price beyond belief. this takes the whole fun and point out of a thing like RSD. he's just trying to profit off people (like myself) who care about it but can't make it to RSD. fuck that.

Worst part is, someone bought it.

^Actually, I believe someone in the Circa camp confirmed this will be available online for sure as well.

For serious? Probably not on an oxblood variant though, yes? But I'd settle for this on black... easily. This is excellent news, and I'm really hoping there's some truth behind the rumor. I appreciate the info.

Actually I think this is ONLY pressed on Ox Blood and the other "variant" on the RSD list is simply the CD. Don't hold me to that but I remember getting that impression.

Its oxblood vinyl for rsd. The rest are black. Both limited to 2,000 I think but the regular black edition comes out on the same day? Idk lol

yepp just the oxblood..

http://www.prosoundnews.com/blog/35176

Circa Survive - Appendage (Oxblood Colored Vinyl)(Web, Tour and RSD Exclusive) - Total pressing is 3,000. Only 2,000 units will be available in US and Canada. Balance will be for the artist to sell on tour. - 2,000 pressed

wow, it actually IS a teaser 7 inch...

the only way this would be cool would be if stores got this to hand out for free. selling it is like selling a DVD of a movie trailer. Asking people to pay money for this is just a shit thing to do.

It'll be on the half-off half-off rack next RSD. I might pay $1 for it.

anyone know what the retail on the flaming lips box is gonna be?

theres two editions supposedly. the colored edition is only available through the lips webstore.

We excited to announce the release of, "HEADY NUGGS: THE FIRST 5 WARNER BROS. RECORDS 1992 - 2002" set for release on Record Store Day -- April 16, 2011, and will be comprised of the complete recordings of: Hit To Death In The Future Head (1992), Transmissions From The Satellite Heart (1993), Clouds Taste Metallic (1995), The Soft Bulletin (1990), and the Grammy Award-winning, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (2002).

There will be two different editions of this vinyl only Box Sets:

1. The "Standard" Record Store Day Edition which features all 5 discs pressed on black 140gram vinyl

2. A "Special Limited Edition" featuring all 5 discs pressed on 5 different colors of colored vinyl available only thought the LIPS official web store, www.flaminglips.com/store/featured.

Would be nice if it was around 70 dollars though. i'm gonna guess its 150 though. which means i hold off on it for RSD.

Actually I think this is ONLY pressed on Ox Blood and the other "variant" on the RSD list is simply the CD. Don't hold me to that but I remember getting that impression.

You're correct. Sorry for the confusion. I misread your inital post (news, rumor, whatever you'd like to call it) and got the impression that they'd repress it after the RSD Oxblood sold out. And I meant to say that if worse came to worst, and the second press was on 10,000 black copies... I'd be all over it. Definitely wasn't trying to imply or suggest that there'd be a black pressing. I can see where the confusions stems from, though, given the double listing for RSD.

Worst part is, someone bought it.

He just relisted it. With some more RSD stuff. What a douche