Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it fucked for a record store to charge "admission" to get into their store on RSD? one near me wants $10 to get in before 9am and $5 thereafter....seems fucked to me.

Are you fucking kidding me? That doesn't sound right at all. You should send the name of that store to the RSD people.

is it fucked for a record store to charge "admission" to get into their store on RSD? one near me wants $10 to get in before 9am and $5 thereafter....seems fucked to me.

the only way i could see that working / being ethical is for the store to make you buy a $10 off voucher for $10 prior to entry. this would be used as a means of keeping people from entering the store with no intent to buy anything, hence lessening potential losses.

if they are just charging you to enter, then yea, it's fucked.

http://www.flaminglips.com/store/product/heady-nuggs-first-5-warner-bros-records-1992-2002

Anyone else considering pre-ordering the Flaming Lips box set on color? I want it but not a $125 want.

for that much, they really could've done better than "standard 120 gram colored vinyl"

white vinyl and $140 shipped? pass. fuck, I really wanted this but the price is ridiculous.

for that much, they really could've done better than "standard 120 gram colored vinyl"

white vinyl and $140 shipped? pass. fuck, I really wanted this but the price is ridiculous.

i was doing the math on how much it would cost me if i sold my soft bulletin 180g and my red yoshimi, and i would still have to pay $60.

plus, these aren't gatefolds, and i really like the original artwork.

also, why does everyone hate on white vinyl? i love it.

maybe OG prices will drop now that this box set is on the scene.

if so i might have to grab the other three by themselves.

i'd prefer that anyway.

[image]

Just got back from a roadtrip(wont tell what state i was in but will say it wasnt nj) but i know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that got me some early access to the records and this is my haul

FUCKING STOKED

How much were the White Stripes 7", the Nirvana EP, and the Gorillaz LP?

Thanks.

i was doing the math on how much it would cost me if i sold my soft bulletin 180g and my red yoshimi, and i would still have to pay $60.

plus, these aren't gatefolds, and i really like the original artwork.

also, why does everyone hate on white vinyl? i love it.

maybe OG prices will drop now that this box set is on the scene.

if so i might have to grab the other three by themselves.

i'd prefer that anyway.

Transmissions and Clouds may go down in value, but I doubt that Hit to Death will... original copies of that are nearly impossible to find. I got my copy back in January for 260.00.

This box set is worth the money just because it includes that album. That and it's going to sound amazing because it was mastered by Bernie Grundman....

[image]

Just got back from a roadtrip(wont tell what state i was in but will say it wasnt nj) but i know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that got me some early access to the records and this is my haul

FUCKING STOKED

Thanks.

nirvana was 20 gorillaz was 19 and stripes was 8 i think

the store didnt get the other stripes single which im bummed about so i gotta track that down still...they didnt get deftones either

by the looks of it though there will be a LOT of copies of circa, foo, pj to go around

Thanks.

nirvana was 20 gorillaz was 19 and stripes was 8 i think

the store didnt get the other stripes single which im bummed about so i gotta track that down still...they didnt get deftones either

by the looks of it though there will be a LOT of copies of circa, foo, pj to go around

Cool, thanks. I'm definitely going to grab the Stripes 7"s, the Gorillaz album, but probably pass on Nirvana.

I want that Karen Elson 7", but they're going to be like 15.00! Fuck that.

just about every release is overpriced lol, thats just the way it goes...stores were getting charged alot for each record they ordered so there wont be any 7s cheaper than 8 bucks and most lps are 18+

Well, yeah, of course.

I don't mind spending like 8.00 on a 7", but 15.00 is way too much, even if it does have flower petals in it. For that much money, I'd rather buy an album that I'll listen to instead of a 7" that'll just sit on my shelf.

it may have been answered in this thread already but does anyone know whats going on with the between the buried and me ep? its supposed to be out tomorrow but i cant find info anywhere and no ones flipping it to confirm it exists lol

any help would be great so i know to search for it or not tomorrow

Record Storey Day started in Europe a few hours ago. I missed the Green Day/Husker Du split since they didn't ship them out on time.

But I did score: ZZ Top/Mastadon 7", RHCP/Ramones 7", Bad Brains 7", AC/DC 7", Springsteen 10" and Sonic Youth 12".

A shit load of releases are USA exclusive, so nice chance.

Green Day/Husker Du available on dr. strange

Just got back from my local shop (and a visit to the hospital for a torn muscle)

Managed to get RHCP/The Ramones 7", AC/DC 7", A Day To Remember 7", Nirvana - Hormoaning & Foo Fighters - Medium Rare.

All absolutely brilliant, really happy. Except for 1 thing - Victory have fucked up again!!! The ADTR 7" is warped to shit! Plays fine luckily. It seems every vinyl they release ends up warped.