Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, the label said they had one so I had to send cash to Denmark. I was a bit weary to do that but I've heard no complaints about them so far. I bet you may be able to score that lips box set cheaper down the road, but what do I know. If I were really into them, I would probably hold out for the color version which from what I heard is available on tour and a few on their website. I may be wrong on that though as I don't follow them, just read something somewhere.

no KY stores are participating or just can't make it? I'll try to pickup a copy, RSD is gonna rape my credit card this year.

Did I miss something with your post? I know Ear-Xtacy is participating in RSD. I believe Underground Sounds are too. And that's just here in Louisville.

not me, it was regret. i'm in MN. i've got plenty of RSD stores to choose from but i'm thinking Treehouse like last year. plus it's the place i frequent the most.

i was going to pick up a copy of the Piebald if i can, i've never really cared for them but i'll help him score a copy if it's possible.

To celebrate Record Store Day (April 16th 2011) Organized Crime Records have teamed up with some amazing bands to bring you the No Peace/ War 7” compilation. No Peace/ War was conceived nearly 2 decades ago by Dwid Van Hellion of INTEGRITY. The compilation was to include some of his favorite western hardcore bands paying homage to some of his favorite Japanese hardcore bands. Originally it was scheduled to be one of the seminal Blood Book 7” singles. Unfortunately No Peace/ War was indefinitely shelved due to unforeseen forces. Now 17 years later the compilation will finally see the light of day. Included on No Peace/ War are exclusive tracks by INTEGRITY, GEHENNA, VVEGAS, CAPE OF BATS and ROT IN HELL each covering their favorite Japanese hardcore songs.

You can pick it up on 04/16/11 one of these shops.

USA

RECKLESS RECORDS (www.reckless.com)

RECKLESS will have the Clear Blue vinyl version limited to 135 that is exclusive to them alone in the United States.

After 04/16/11 Reckless will make any copies they have left available to 1 per customer on their website for mail order.

INTERNATIONAL

RITUAL MUSIC AND BOOK, Melbourne, Australia (http://ritualmusicandbooks.wordpress.com)

LUNA SEMPER D.O.O., Zagreb Croatia (www.dirtyoldempire.com)

GREEN HELL, Munster, Germany (www.greenhell.de)

BURNOUT, Hamburg, Germany (www.burnoutrecords.de)

UNDERDOG, Cologne, Germany (www.underdogrecordstore.de)

CORETEX, Berlin, Germany (www.coretexrecords.com)

PER KORO RECORDS, Bielefeld Germany (www.perkoro.com/home.php)

All of the international accounts will have the Clear Yellow vinyl version limited to 185 for Europe only.

If your store in Europe would like to carry this release for Record Store Day, have them contact Revelation Records ( http://revhq.com ).

USA VERSION

[image]

INTERNATIONAL VERSION

[image]

Did I miss something with your post? I know Ear-Xtacy is participating in RSD. I believe Underground Sounds are too. And that's just here in Louisville.

not me, it was regret. i'm in MN. i've got plenty of RSD stores to choose from but i'm thinking Treehouse like last year. plus it's the place i frequent the most.

i was going to pick up a copy of the Piebald if i can, i've never really cared for them but i'll help him score a copy if it's possible.

That would be awesome if you could, man. :-*

As for why I can't just get it myself, I live about 3 hours away from Ear-Xtacy. Can't make the drive that day.

From Domino Records Facebook: Taking over your stereo from April 11th is 'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair', the first single taken from The Arctic Monkeys forthcoming 'Suck it and See' album. It's coming on a white label 7", with album track ‘Brick By Brick’ on the flip... only through indie stores in support of Record Store Day on Saturday the 16th of April. It'll also be available digitally at midnight on the 11th."

TRL email for April:

LIMITED EDITION RECORD STORE DAY RELEASES!!!

If you know anything about buying awesome records, then you probably know all about Record Store Day. This year we're excited to participate for the first time ever with not one but TWO smashing new releases. Superchunk and Coliseum pair up on a special limited edition split 7" wherein both bands cover classic Misfits songs!! Limited to a total of 2,000 copies, available in 3 different colors of vinyl: Fuscian, Yellow, and Black (666 available of each, notch). But that's not all!! We've also got an amazing new Pinback 7"! Packaged in an eye-popping screenprinted evidence bag containing sweet full-color artwork and inserts - and sealed with custom printed Pinback Record Store Day evidence tape (!) - this is definitely not to be missed. It's Pinback's first new release in almost 4 years, and a brilliant teaser of what's to come in the future. Limited to 2,000 copies with a handful of random colored vinyl copies thrown in at random, this is sure to go very fast. See you at the record store bright and early on April 16!!

edit: they must be a little drunk, tons of spelling errors (some i corrected) and redundancy.

im so stoked- i sold 2 records this week, and they should be enough to cover what i plan on spending on RSD.

(but please.. check out my thread and buy more. i really want the flaming lips set.)

it was a madhouse. people started shoving each other for that john lennon 7" box thing, some dude had the stupid idea of shoving his no more than 5 year old kid in front of everyone to get him records which resulted in the kid not being able to move and the dad threatening people, and i remember some dude got that hold steady lp that was out of like 600 i think and some dude offered him $300 for it and gave it to him. '09 was peaceful compared to last year. made me not wanna do rsd at amoeba ever again.

Similar mayhem at Amoeba San Francisco last year.

Reckless still had copies of that John Lennon as of yesterday, I think.

Can I get some help guys? A friend of mine undertook to buy some records for me at RSD, but unfortunately he's not really into vinyl. So could you tell me some record stores that will participate and are close to sommerville, Massachusetts 02144? And I mainly looking for the City & Colour, Between The Buried And Me and Piebald releases.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Just found out, thanks anyway.