PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$5.50 shipping for a 10", get real. I didn't bother reading the thread but if no one brought this up then that's sad.

I know I have to pay for record mailers if I don't recycle them from ones I get. Add another 80 cents for delivery confirmation, and that's $2.30 right there (if it was me because I pay $1.50 a mailer). This isn't a terrible shipping price.

Lighten up.

bummed I got the 2-pack in my cart....and then said it was sold out...most of these online stores seem to have similar problems, not a computer savy dude, so I'm sure there's a logical reason why all of these different stores seem to have similar issues with shopping carts...but man, it's sure frustrating.

I'm less bummed about the splatz/inside-out color scheme, and more bummed out about the lack of the liner notes...I know the kid wanted to do something nice for the 2-pack special, but even just a normal printed copy of the liner notes would be acceptable and have the nice hand-screened copies for the 2-pack. Oh well, no my label, not my release...there's my 2 cents

dont care anything about rarity or whatever, but id really like to have these on vinyl. so i hope they dont sell out in preorders and get flipped cause ill be bummed.

I never would've pegged you as a Starting Line fan!

I've never heard that first EP, but the acoustic EP is actually what made me a fan of this band.

i love the starting line. and im unapologetic about it too.

say it like you mean it is one of my favorite albums to sing along to on long car trips. i really wish that album would get repressed.

bummed I got the 2-pack in my cart....and then said it was sold out...most of these online stores seem to have similar problems, not a computer savy dude, so I'm sure there's a logical reason why all of these different stores seem to have similar issues with shopping carts...but man, it's sure frustrating.

thats because its not feasible to remove 1 from the inventory everytime someone puts it in their cart. Most all the shopping cart software will only remove a product from the database once its PURCHASED. otherwise, if there were 100 available, some dude could just open up 100 windows, and put one copy in their cart in each window and no one could buy one. A lot of places save carts for later, so you can keep adding to it like a wishlist. So it would suck if someone kept a copy in their cart for 6 months, but never bought it, and it kept some other person from ever being able to buy it. For instance, there are currently 674 saved shopping carts in the vinyl junkie website, some are months old. Thats a lot of records i would have to sit on and not sell to anyone else, on the small percentage chance that the original person ever comes back to buy their saved item.

First come first serve.

$5.50 shipping for a 10", get real. I didn't bother reading the thread but if no one brought this up then that's sad.

I know I have to pay for record mailers if I don't recycle them from ones I get. Add another 80 cents for delivery confirmation, and that's $2.30 right there (if it was me because I pay $1.50 a mailer). This isn't a terrible shipping price.

Lighten up.

You can get mailers for $1 or less if you know where to go and delivery confirmation is a whopping 19 cents through paypal shipping.

Try again.

thats because its not feasible to remove 1 from the inventory everytime someone puts it in their cart. Most all the shopping cart software will only remove a product from the database once its PURCHASED. otherwise, if there were 100 available, some dude could just open up 100 windows, and put one copy in their cart in each window and no one could buy one. A lot of places save carts for later, so you can keep adding to it like a wishlist. So it would suck if someone kept a copy in their cart for 6 months, but never bought it, and it kept some other person from ever being able to buy it. For instance, there are currently 674 saved shopping carts in the vinyl junkie website, some are months old. Thats a lot of records i would have to sit on and not sell to anyone else, on the small percentage chance that the original person ever comes back to buy their saved item.

First come first serve.

I guess in that case it would be nice if the shopping cart software would be a bit more like ticketmaster, in the respect of it holds your stuff for X amount of time usually about 10 minutes and then it gets released back to the public for someone else to buy.

Lighten up.

You can get mailers for $1 or less if you know where to go and delivery confirmation is a whopping 19 cents through paypal shipping.

Try again.

I'll concede that i just buy mailers from a record store in town that has surplus mailers for that specific reason, and I go through the archaic practice of going to the post office and paying for shipping THERE.

Whatever, I don't think it's too terrible a shipping price.

$15.50 if you buy all 6 records from them. Miss the days of VC flat rate shipping, but I guess that's one of the many reasons why Virgil had to run away with the Co-Ops money.

I made the vc board promo code to knock down the shipping cost a bit but i still needa buy tape, mailers, labels, bubble wrap plus pay people to help me package(its already over 300 orders)..no one takes that shit into account, its time and money besides just the price on the sticker

$15.50 if you buy all 6 records from them. Miss the days of VC flat rate shipping, but I guess that's one of the many reasons why Virgil had to run away with the Co-Ops money.

I made the vc board promo code to knock down the shipping cost a bit but i still needa buy tape, mailers, labels, bubble wrap plus pay people to help me package(its already over 300 orders)..no one takes that shit into account, its time and money besides just the price on the sticker

I was trying to take materials into account... I didn't want to assume labor as I don't know how big the staff. For all I know you could do this all yourself, which I feel you'd be justified in charging about 2 bucks more per order if that were the case.

I was trying to take materials into account... I didn't want to assume labor as I don't know how big the staff. For all I know you could do this all yourself, which I feel you'd be justified in charging about 2 bucks more per order if that were the case.

on the money, every other order I have shipped by hand but since these are already 300+ orders I may outsource to a friend i know who owns a record store wh offered once this got big enough its an option but i gotta see his rates cause i cant do this many myself...it would take weeks and i have another job

This is absolutely incredible.

It doesn't cost $16 to mail 6 records (even with materials cost built in) unless you are shipping it in a metal box via horseback.

It would take you weeks to pack 300 orders? Can you only pack an order a day?

I don't know what your other job is, but it clearly doesn't require grammatical skills or logical thinking.

i packed and shipped 150 orders in half a day with my last release.

as have I and it sucks balls and took me the entire day plus the shipping is 5.50 but i gave a 10% vc board code to knock that down for the people on here who arent flippers or kids who are gonna frame em anyway

but i gave a 10% vc board code to knock that down for the people on here who arent flippers or kids who are gonna frame em anyway

not sure what people's use for the records has to do with anything...

alright, sorry...i wont make a promo code for you guys then. No need to pick apart everything i say or do when im trying to do good by yall

not sure what people's use for the records has to do with anything...

alright, sorry...i wont make a promo code for you guys then. No need to pick apart everything i say or do when im trying to do good by yall

i'm not saying this board doesn't appreciate it. All I'm saying is that when you posted it you said it was in hopes that people would add some of your other items on to their order. Now you're saying it's for VC because no one here will flip them (that's a joke) and we're not going to frame them? I have quite a few album covers framed. I was just curious what that has to do with how much I should pay for shipping?

This is absolutely incredible.

It doesn't cost $16 to mail 6 records (even with materials cost built in)

this.

for me to mail 6 LP with shipping/cost is about $4.92

just saying. love what your doing but if shipping is that much, you may want to work on more cost efficient shipping and packaging.