PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So stoked for this! Any indications yet on pricing?

Single ep's will be the same price as the last pressing and the collector edition will be somewhere between $40 and $50 but will come with a whole bunch of extras in a hand made, hand numbered wood box. Limited to 100, heres a link with a preview pic and some more details http://enjoytheriderecords.tumblr.com/

No way this one is selling out in 4.5 minutes

i got a 2-pack of TSL and am probably gonna go for a 2-pack of TEN, but $50 is really a lot for all you're getting. considering everything thats going into it, i really don't think it should go more than $35. yes the box takes a lot of work, along with all the screenprinting, but 30 extra bucks for a box and 4 pieces of paper seems a little outrageous. =/

$50 for two 10" EPs, two inserts for each record and a small wooden box with a very small patch of silk screening... yeah that seems justifiable and reasonable ::)

Box you see is a prototype - the final box will have the cover, back, and inside cover screen printed w/ hand screened liner notes, both albums on the /100 color + a double sided poster

It may seem steep, but if you suckers keep buying it, this turd will keep charging BS prices and developing ridiculous reasons for doing so.

while that may be true in most instances, i dont think it will never apply to him. since he started licensing albums the prices have been on the high side and he's had lame package deals that all but one of still haven't sold out, so obviously he hasn't learned from people not buying. he can't even sell 100 of those things.

the argument of people have a choice applies to pretty much everything when it comes to purchasing goods. but in this case it really doesn't. people don't have a choice because he has the market cornered. the only way to get all of these records are through him. so people who want all the colors have to shell out $50, before shipping. if you actually want everything it's either pay that price now or pay even more for it later. and im sure some people would much rather have a no frills record that costs less than having to buy a stupid screen printed wooden box that winds up costing $50 when all is said and done.

$50 for two 10" EPs, two inserts for each record and a small wooden box with a very small patch of silk screening... yeah that seems justifiable and reasonable ::)

Box you see is a prototype - the final box will have the cover, back, and inside cover screen printed w/ hand screened liner notes, both albums on the /100 color + a double sided poster

ok... $50 is too much for two 10" EPs, a box that will have the cover, back, and inside cover screen printed w/ hand screened liner notes, both albums on the /100 color + a double sided poster.

I can't believe Drive Thru even allows them to sell them for that much.

I assume there was nothing stipulating pricing in the contract and so once the license is paid the label is free to do what they want.

Personally I think $50 is way too high and I doubt these will sell very quickly at that price. The Starting Line 10" two pack did so well because it was just about the same price as buying the two records separately and also The Starting Line is still a huge band. The Early November never got as big as TSL and they haven't remained as relevant posthumously. I want a copy of "For All of This" just as much as anyone else so I'll still be buying it, but this isn't a label that I necessarily back. Broken Circles is one of the few labels out there right now who is doing the whole "license out huge records" thing right and I think ETR could stand to learn a lot from that companies business practices. (No bullshit/high quality/cheap prices/fast shipping/etc.)

I'm honestly not going to even try anymore to stand up for anything that has to do with this or TSL or whatever - I'm just excited because I've already put 50+ hours into these boxes and still have twice that left to do & I'm excited about how they are going to turn out. Now commence the flaming.

I'm honestly not going to even try anymore to stand up for anything that has to do with this or TSL or whatever - I'm just excited because I've already put 50+ hours into these boxes and still have twice that left to do & I'm excited about how they are going to turn out. Now commence the flaming.

I think they look really nice... People are going to give you shit regardless because that's just how people are. I'm not sure if I'll get it, because that's a little out of my price range, but if I have extra $$ at the time of the preorder, I'll buy it. $45-$50 shipped with another discount code like for the TSL preorder and I'd probably cave.

And I remember back in the day, DTR had a Finch wooden box set for "What it is to Burn" on CD, with a lighter, and it was just as expensive.

I remember when people put time into releases because it is what they love to do, and didn't use that time to attempt to justify asinine prices.

I think they look really nice... People are going to give you shit regardless because that's just how people are. I'm not sure if I'll get it, because that's a little out of my price range, but if I have extra $$ at the time of the preorder, I'll buy it. $45-$50 shipped with another discount code like for the TSL preorder and I'd probably cave.

And I remember back in the day, DTR had a Finch wooden box set for "What it is to Burn" on CD, with a lighter, and it was just as expensive.

at least coming from me, this isn't a personal attack. i like the box, its a cool idea, but i just think the overall contents don't completely justify the price tag. this isn't calling you out on your work, just more of an end result kinda thing. keep doing what you're doing, 'cause I loved my TSL 2-pack.

He said the option to buy the single EP for each of these is going to be there, so if it's too much, just buy them without the boxes. I don't see how anyone is being forced to buy these box sets. Clearly, there is a choice.

you fucking beat me to it!

bitching about prices is stupid. don't buy it if you don't like it.

EDIT: though, shipping prices shouldn't be any more than what the actual cost of the shipping.

Enjoy The Ride: Thank you for preventing me from being nostalgic by tainting my memory of these bands. In that you have succeeded.

ahaha. this.

i really, really would like the early november eps, so i think i'm going to have to cave and buy them, being that i have no other choice. and while i appreciate the effort being put into the box sets on patrick's part, i refuse to pay that much for one.

He said the option to buy the single EP for each of these is going to be there, so if it's too much, just buy them without the boxes. I don't see how anyone is being forced to buy these box sets. Clearly, there is a choice.

you fucking beat me to it!

bitching about prices is stupid. don't buy it if you don't like it.

EDIT: though, shipping prices shouldn't be any more than what the actual cost of the shipping.

Both of these are pretty much my thought. I really commend what he is doing. He made a "Collectors" edition sort of for people who enjoy something other than the records. Probably mainly for die hard fans. If people dont like it, just dont buy it or buy the 2 other versions. its pretty simple. The Prices and shipping sucks but again, you really dont have to buy it.