Glassjaw - W&T WHITE/EYEWTKAS ORANGE HT EXCL.

travis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways i thought the theory was that WB & RR saw how the GJ 7"s were doing and decided to capitalize.

and if that is/were the case, i am totally pumped to have both these albums on vinyl.

I had been bugging WMG about doing GJ vinyl forever so I talked to RR and got them to do that first pressing a long time ago. If I had my way they would have just done these 2000 on orange back then but they did a mass pressing and now its OOP.

Then I wanted to do W&T for a while so I talked them into that and they did it as a RSD release and even tho it was my idea they gave HT the less rare variant and told me the HT version had a street date of 4/19 while the black RSD version was available 3 days earlier. Didnt think that was too cool but whatever at least it got pressed.

Recently I got them to agree to do EYEWTKAS on colored vinyl as an exclusive to HT.

Thats the whole story with all the GJ LPs. Nothing too exciting.

1xLP W&T = $20.99

2xLP EYEWTKAS = $15.99

Um.

First time on vinyl, know people will pay.

Yea I have no idea why but Im guessing the packaging was the reason for that. EYEWTKAS was a single pocket jacket and the W&T had more custom stuff to it. Just kinda what Im assuming as the reason for the price difference.

The W&T was more expensive to me so I had to sell it for more.

Travis, excellent job on this repress. I have the original, and it's good enough, but the color of this is so awesome. really compliments the package well. not that it should really matter, as the music is most important, but it definitely got me to buy it again :)

since you had a hand in getting it pressed originally, do you know how many there were in that original run? just curious

There's some funny conspiracy theories on the GJ forum about this release haha. I just read that thread.

Its orange cause I picked orange like the letters on the cover and there was a represse cause I asked WB if they would repress this on colored vinyl as a HT exclusive if I bought 2000 of them. Its all really pretty simple. There arent a bunch of people over at WB records having meetings on how they can fuck over GJ.

travis, what will be the next way you assist WB records in fucking over GJ?

There's some funny conspiracy theories on the GJ forum about this release haha. I just read that thread.

Its orange cause I picked orange like the letters on the cover and there was a represse cause I asked WB if they would repress this on colored vinyl as a HT exclusive if I bought 2000 of them. Its all really pretty simple. There arent a bunch of people over at WB records having meetings on how they can fuck over GJ.

LOL, oh please. Nobody put a gun to the band's head to sign a contract with WB. If the band wanted full control of their releases they shouldn't of signed to a major label.

This thread should just be renamed TRAVIS, TRAVIS, TRAVIS, TRAVIS, and TRAVIS.

it may be more appropriate to give travis his own forum, with threads dedicated to bands whose records are being put out because of travis, that way the deftones fans don't have to mix with the glassjaw fans, and vice versa (not that there would be anything wrong with that)

LOL, oh please. Nobody put a gun to the band's head to sign a contract with WB. If the band wanted full control of their releases they shouldn't of signed to a major label.

in the event of a misunderstanding, perhaps I should have included "/joke" and "because I'm interested in buying it"?

in the event of a misunderstanding, perhaps I should have included "/joke" and "because I'm interested in buying it"?

...this is the internet.

ok so here's a question...

before i found out about this orange repress, i had bought EYEWTKAS on ebay for $40 shipped. it was damaged a bit in shipping and one of the corners of the cover is pretty seriously bent up.

i picked up my copy of the orange one today, do i keep the black one or send it back for a refund?