Glassjaw - W&T WHITE/EYEWTKAS ORANGE HT EXCL.

travis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think that they owed me anything really, but i saw where jspin had posted that he got a credit so i tried it and it worked. i did have the shit on P/O basically since it went up, though. probably didn't hurt that i mentioned the other 5 records that i have on P/O with them too...that i could easily cancel. i had to mention the credit, he tried to give me $15, i pushed for $25....end of story.

I always try to be nice, even when I'm mad and talking to customer service. I don't know why, I just don't like intentionally being a dick to most people. But I'm gonna try for it again. I definitely told the other guy how disappointed I was, and that I'm gonna be thinking twice before I want to order anything from them again, and all he said was "Okay. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

And yeah, I never felt like they owed me anything, but the fact that they're giving some other people $25 credit from a $20 record, makes it really shitty that he didn't offer me anything.

I'm talking to someone on the live chat thing right now, and they took 10 minutes to respond to my first thing, and still haven't responded since then.

Edit: She just left the chat. What the hell? Worst service ever, all she said to me was "Hello, I'll help you." Waited 10 minutes and left.

Talking to someone else now, hopefully this guy will help me out. He's actually responding, so it's already looking much better than the last chat.

I always try to be nice, even when I'm mad and talking to customer service. I don't know why, I just don't like intentionally being a dick to most people. But I'm gonna try for it again. I definitely told the other guy how disappointed I was, and that I'm gonna be thinking twice before I want to order anything from them again, and all he said was "Okay. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

And yeah, I never felt like they owed me anything, but the fact that they're giving some other people $25 credit from a $20 record, makes it really shitty that he didn't offer me anything.

I'm talking to someone on the live chat thing right now, and they took 10 minutes to respond to my first thing, and still haven't responded since then.

Edit: She just left the chat. What the hell? Worst service ever, all she said to me was "Hello, I'll help you." Waited 10 minutes and left.

Talking to someone else now, hopefully this guy will help me out. He's actually responding, so it's already looking much better than the last chat.

you should CALL them bro. i wasn't a dick at all but i just mentioned straight up that i had been doing my research on this and since i knew of someone who rec'd $25 that i would appreciate the same thing. i talked with Michael...

Wow, he told me that they do not offer credit for orders that they cancel, and there are NO exceptions. That was the biggest waste of time. I'll definitely be calling them tomorrow. I'll let them know that the dude last night wouldn't help me and all that. I'm seriously pretty pissed that he straight up lied to me.

i sent them an email, was given a $20 credit.

i didn't feel i was owed anything, but if other people are going to get a credit for something that i am just as disappointed about not getting then there's no reason i shouldn't receive one as well. they shouldn't have pre-sold a bunch of records they didn't have or weren't certain they would get.

You don't have to be mean or rude to be assertive. It's just being firm and taking action so you get action in return.

I always try to be nice too, even tell them sorry that they have to be the receiver of my complaint when it's not their fault at all. In the end, that's what customer service is for; making sure you're satisfied.

On another note, fucking assholes at HT never called me when they received their vinyl. Luckily I was on that side of town and decided to stop by the store. The cashier was like, "hey, someone is looking for this." NO SHIT DUMB ASS, THATS ME. WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME? And you were just gonna sell it to anyone when I specifically asked you guys to put it on hold?

Last purchase I'm making there.

1. please dont be an asshole on the phone. Just be nice and explain everything with a calm tone and they will understand.

2. you are owed the money and ill explain the math. Ordering the vinyl from amazon and then receiving the confirmation e-mail formed a contract between you and amazon.

Then the vinyl came out on RSD. I went to RSD, saw the black, didn't buy it because I relied on Amazon to ship me the vinyl.

Now the vinyl is gone and it is very difficult to get. Let say you paid 20 bucks for the vinyl on amazon. You can't get W/T on black for 20 bucks anywhere now- its 50 bucks on ebay. Since amazon breached their contract with you for a 20, you have the option of going elsewhere, buying the vinyl, and recovering the balance from Amazon since you relied on it.

You can't recover the price of the vinyl (the original 20) since you would have had to pay that anyway, but the other 30 (or 25 that they are giving you) is the amount of $ it would cost you to buy it elsewhere. (original 20 + 25 credit = 45/50- its market rate now)

and that would put you in original place you would be should you had original bought it from them and they complied.

seriously, fuck go hastings! What brainiac thought it was cool to send an lp in a damn bubble mailer? My copy arrived completely thrashed and warped to shit. Until these guys pull head out their ass and learn to ship a record, I'd advise you all to avoid these geniuses.

/rant

[image]

[image]

[image]

Holy fuck dude - that's just uncalled for. I need to find the fucking box mine came it that was actually packaged well and see what return address it came from so we can possibly figure out which store actually shipped them right.

Just got off the phone with Sarah. It was maybe a 5 minute call (including the wait time to be connected. I wasn't rude, just explained what happened and that I'd really just appreciate to be treated like you guys were treated. She was very understanding and nice, and basically no questions asked she says that there's really know other way that they could compensate me for the inconvenience other than to offer me the same credit that others were offered. She just applied the credit to my account now.

Wow, that was so much less stressful than the guy I got last night. I was only upset when I found out that you guys were offered credit and the guy I spoke to before (maybe a week ago) never offered anything. Having the guy last night straight up lie to me really just put me over the edge.

To anybody that's like me that thought "I don't really like talking on the phone, it's much easier to just do the live chat," DON'T. Call them. It will save you many headaches.