Glassjaw - W&T WHITE/EYEWTKAS ORANGE HT EXCL.

travis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this email from Acoustic Sounds yesterday. It gets pretty juicy toward the middle:

Dear Customer,

We very sincerely regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to send you the Glassjaw - Worship And Tribute LP that you preordered from Acoustic Sounds. You of course will not be charged for that item.

This is extraordinarily disappointing to us. We've tried everything we possibly could to convince Warner Bros. that they were making a big mistake by not repressing this title to allow vendors like ourselves to meet our preorder demand. In fact, being as big of an account as we are, we feel totally disrespected. They had more than 1,300 preorders of this title, but they only pressed 1,000 copies.

After a long conversation with a Warner Bros. executive, here is the response we asked them to write to you, our customer. Again, we're very sorry for this. You did the right thing by preordering, but in this case, unfortunately, you will not get what you deserve. We don't know that it will make you feel any better, but here is the response from Warner Bros.:

Glassjaw-Worship And Tribute was produced in a Limited Edition run of 1,000 copies in support of Record Store Day 2011. While this release was not designated as an RSD exclusive it was still incredibly limited in nature. While this may seem odd or counterintuitive in this wonderful capitalist society, we meant for the release to be limited. We ended up with more orders than records and, unfortunately, had to allocate orders across our account base. Acoustic Sounds was impacted and, as a result, is unable to fulfill all pre-orders they received. It is never our intent for the music fan to be unconvinced. Our sincere apologies if that has occurred.

that statement makes no sense. it was something special for RSD but it wasnt a RSD release. oh, but the street was the 19th, not the 16th - 3 days after RSD. were a major label that has probably complained about physical sales of music being down but in this instance, we dont want them. anyway, theyre busy - gotta get back to pressing 10 zillion copies of chinese democracy on vinyl so best buy can mark them down to a $1.99.

sounds like the people like myself who pre-ordered through Amazon are getting the dick on this one.

That's for damn sure. I'm not getting my hopes up that Amazon will actually come through with this.

Fortunately, I scrambled together an order with gohastings.com once I got wind of the situation. It came today and it is on black vinyl. It wasn't packed all that well but from what I understand they did the best they could. No damage or anything so I shouldn't complain.

No. They are sold out. And they are assholes.

How so?

They sell vinyl and they ship from multiple locations yet they have no uniform shipping policy for their employees to follow so you MIGHT get lucky and get someone who knows how to ship vinyl or you MIGHT get the dumbshits that send it in a flimsy yellow envelope with no stiffening....like I did.

I wonder how they'd ship crystal china...

How so?

They sell vinyl and they ship from multiple locations yet they have no uniform shipping policy for their employees to follow so you MIGHT get lucky and get someone who knows how to ship vinyl or you MIGHT get the dumbshits that send it in a flimsy yellow envelope with no stiffening....like I did.

I wonder how they'd ship crystal china...

Forgot to mention selling exclusive vinyl from another company...