Glassjaw - W&T WHITE/EYEWTKAS ORANGE HT EXCL.

travis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[image]

Haha! I was gonna post a link to this video in regards to "phuckphilly." I'm sure he's just like that kid that got slammed.

I wish I could get in touch with that little fat kid. I'd gladly send him the one that's still on the shelf in my store. Hell I'd ship it for free.

Agreed!

I wish I could get in touch with the fellow fat kid. I'd gladly send him the one that's still on the shelf in my store. Hell I'd ship it for free.

then again, i wouldn't want him to suffer with white vinyl :-X

No, No, No.....I mean the black copy that's left on the shelf of the independent record store here ;D

I think the white vinyl looks good on this release. I know its my HT exclusive color but even if it werent I would still think it looked good. I dont usually like white vinyl that much but I think it works for this release. Might even like it a little more than the black vinyl.

i like the way white vinyl looks, it's the sound quality that usually bugs me. there's a few white vinyl pressings i have that are ok, but usually the mixture of the vinyl i get stuck with has tons of surface noise compared to a black LP. if it's between black and white, i almost always go with black vinyl. a lot of opaque and white vinyl are heavy on noise. no offense to the Hot Topic exclusive color, it's just white vinyl in general.

I think the white vinyl looks good on this release. I know its my HT exclusive color but even if it werent I would still think it looked good. I dont usually like white vinyl that much but I think it works for this release. Might even like it a little more than the black vinyl.

i like the way white vinyl looks, it's the sound quality that usually bugs me. there's a few white vinyl pressings i have that are ok, but usually the mixture of the vinyl i get stuck with has tons of surface noise compared to a black LP. if it's between black and white, i almost always go with black vinyl. a lot of opaque and white vinyl are heavy on noise. no offense to the Hot Topic exclusive color, it's just white vinyl in general.

haha No offense taken at all. Just my opinion that the white vinyl looks good in this case :)

Also Ive been told by someone who owns a pressing plant that there shouldnt be any difference in sound for any specific color. They said the only time the color could cause a sound issue is when you go from a solid to a translucent color. Like a half black/hals trans. red or something and right where the colors meet it could cause a small sound issue. They also said 180 gram was pretty much a novelty which I kinda agree with. I get the idea behind it but I dont listen to any 180 gram records and notice a big difference in sound at all. Granted I dont have an amazing set up but still, I think the 180 gram thing is kinda a joke to get people to pay more money for records.

Im sure this will stir up some debate haha

I have no idea if these are still in stock or in black/white, but i just ordered from this place:

http://www.galleryofsound.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=501&upc=09362495859

but If anyone wants one try this place as well... Ill keep yall updated whenever/if it ships and what color variant it is..

Anyone have any testimonies for their vinyl packing policy?

I have no idea if these are still in stock or in black/white, but i just ordered from this place:

http://www.galleryofsound.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=501&upc=09362495859

but If anyone wants one try this place as well... Ill keep yall updated whenever/if it ships and what color variant it is..

I hope this is on black. Ordered.

haha No offense taken at all. Just my opinion that the white vinyl looks good in this case :)

Also Ive been told by someone who owns a pressing plant that there shouldnt be any difference in sound for any specific color. They said the only time the color could cause a sound issue is when you go from a solid to a translucent color. Like a half black/hals trans. red or something and right where the colors meet it could cause a small sound issue. They also said 180 gram was pretty much a novelty which I kinda agree with. I get the idea behind it but I dont listen to any 180 gram records and notice a big difference in sound at all. Granted I dont have an amazing set up but still, I think the 180 gram thing is kinda a joke to get people to pay more money for records.

Im sure this will stir up some debate haha

I like 180g records because they're less likely to warp and because I just like the heaviness (you know, man? like, heavy stuff). That being said, it's as easy to justify high record prices with 180g vinyl than with color vinyl.

>:(Dont bother ordering from galleryofsound, I got this bullshit email today:

The order that you placed had an item that was listed as "On Back Order". After

further inquiry, it is not likely that we will be able to fill this order at

this time or within a reasonable time. We are sorry that we could not locate

your item. We did not charge your credit card.

Balls. (Oh, yeah they didn't charge my credit card, but they held it as an authorization, which takes 30 days to clear. FUCCKKKKKKK.)