PO: Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting scared man. Without "Convectuoso" this album just barely makes time for a single LP capacity. Even if it ISN'T on it, I would still prefer a double to maximize fidelity.

White Pony is about the same length (with "Convectuoso") and is a 2XLP and is seriously one of the most beautiful presses I've ever heard. I've always felt those two albums had very similar production and going off the tone of WP, I can only imagine how great this can sound on 2 LP's.

I still can't believe this is happening. Got my pre-order in at SRC. In a way I kind of want the white, but I honestly think I'll be more pleased with the black because it'll feel as close as possible to how the CD is. I mean... if that makes sense. The CD is a black vinyl, so why not?

Absolutely this. Also not really a fan of white vinyl in general, in most instances.

Also not really a fan of white vinyl in general, in most instances.

how come people keep saying this? Not bashing at all, just curious. I love my Motion City Soundtrack- Commit This to Memory on white. No streaks (though I enjoy streaks too) just crisp white. Looks good with the artwork.

Off white looks even better. My Everyone Everywhere LP is off white with a small blue streak. BEAUTIFUL. And a great album!

Also not really a fan of white vinyl in general, in most instances.

how come people keep saying this? Not bashing at all, just curious. I love my Motion City Soundtrack- Commit This to Memory on white. No streaks (though I enjoy streaks too) just crisp white. Looks good with the artwork.

Off white looks even better. My Everyone Everywhere LP is off white with a small blue streak. BEAUTIFUL. And a great album!

Great question. I don't mind white with a swirl or marble... but just the plain, stoic white stands out as a terrible choice in my mind. Something about it is just super unattractive. Exceptions being when it just "works" with the album art, or compliments the labels nicely. [see; Deftones' Diamond Eyes.]

I just have W&T synonymously linked to the image of a black record, as I'm sure a lot of people do. The limited (/2000) aspect of the HT press is cool, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of availability for something that just looks right. At least in my mind, thus far.

Great question. I don't mind white with a swirl or marble... but just the plain, stoic white stands out as a terrible choice in my mind. Something about it is just super unattractive. Exceptions being when it just "works" with the album art, or compliments the labels nicely. [see; Deftones' Diamond Eyes.]

I just have W&T synonymously linked to the image of a black record, as I'm sure a lot of people do. The limited (/2000) aspect of the HT press is cool, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of availability for something that just looks right. At least in my mind, thus far.

I agree, white should really only be used if it works with the artwork. Good choice of word with "stoic" haha