fuck privileged kids who are paypal claim happy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i'm not mistaken, when someone sends money to you as a gift, paypal cannot refund it back to the sender. if this is the case, insist on buyer sending you the cash as a gift when you sell a record to them.

on this topic, bloke is a proper fuckhead. is it me or are people getting shittier and shittier?

if i'm not mistaken, when someone sends money to you as a gift, paypal cannot refund it back to the sender. if this is the case, insist on buyer sending you the cash as a gift when you sell a record to them.

When you send money as a gift, it doesn't give you their address and personal info.

When you send money as a gift, it doesn't give you their address and personal info.

True, but i guess you could ask the buyer to put those details in the comments field.

Im not over priviledged, but i did file a paypal dispute with you. but not the one this original post was about though.

i ordered records in July last year, which still havent arrived, i emailed a month after asking if they had been sent. after the first email i never got a response until i filed the paypal claim. as a buyer i dont want to do this, ive only ever done it twice, once to you and on a ebay user(who i had bought previous times with no problem). The thing with paypal claims i have noticed is it seems to actually get a response from the seller, after not having much luck. you only have a certain number of days to file the claim before your totally fucked, ive been ripped off before, so now will put the claim in if i dont know who im buying through and cant get a response/parcel.

i dont mind working things out without getting those fucks involved, but communication does work both ways. also if the records had turned up i wouldnt have had a second thought of sending the money back over to VJ, thats just common sense! i even went back to reorder the items with VJ but they werent in stock anymore, i was lucky enough to get them from the band last month.

i thought it was possible to insure parcels which have tracking numbers and require a signature at the other end? i received a package from NY last month which i had to sign for.

The thing about signature confirmation though is that its a pain in the ass for a multitude of reasons one of them being it costs more another is that the person actually has to be home to receive them they just wont leave them in your box. Which means if you work during the day you can count on having to take a trip to your local post office.

Delivery confirmation and trust is all you really need.

The thing about signature confirmation though is that its a pain in the ass for a multitude of reasons one of them being it costs more another is that the person actually has to be home to receive them they just wont leave them in your box. Which means if you work during the day you can count on having to take a trip to your local post office.

my post office is either about a 15min walk from my house, which the UPS people drop at, the royalmail is about 40minutes walk, but on the way to work. which is good for me! but you can also have it redelievered on a day your home, if needs be.

Delivery confirmation and trust is all you really need.

i guess this is want the thread is about, as the dude didnt trust VJ. to some extent i didnt either, but i was a new buyer and didnt even no anything about the distro, i googled a release i wanted and that site came up.

I personally feel that if you don't get an item within 45 days ...It's okay to file a paypal claim. Hey if you don't get an item that you paid for then you should get your money back. It's the sellers responsibility to get the item to you. Yeah the PO could lose the package... but I've probably ordered 1000 things over the past 10 years and I got all of them. How would the buyer know if the seller put the wrong address or something like that.

I just went through a similar situation with an item I sold on ebay. It was shipped priority mail to belgium and the buyer was totally impatient. For some reason this winter priority mail shipments sent outside the US seem to be taking a lot longer than they tell you it will take to arrive. Anyway when clearly not enough time had passed that worrying should even start to happen, this guy emails me asking where his package is and when did I send it and what's the tracking number.

Keep in mind I sent his package the same day he paid me, emailed him the day it shipped and there is no tracking # because USPS doesn't do that. I was busy the day he emailed me asking and didnt' get a chance to reply right away and so he filed a claim with paypal who withdrew the funds immediately from my account to hold until the case is closed.

I emailed the dude asking why he did this as I told him when it shipped, have flawless feedback on ebay and not enough time had passed that it would even be considered lost in the mail. He replied that he "buys a lot of things and did it so he wouldn't forget about it". I explained to him thanks to his shitty actions paypal took money from me that I actually needed and was about to use to pay for some bills (which was true). He apologized but woudln't close the case until he got his package. Which came 2 days later! He at least did the right thing and closed the case and I got my money back but I will never sell anything to that guy again because of this. He even asked me after all was said and done if I had something else he was interested in and I just ignored it.

One thing you can do to protect yourself as a seller is to immediately take any money in your paypal balance and either spend it, or send it to your bank account. I'm pretty sure they can't dip into your bank account to remove funds for disputes as I once filed a legit claim on someone who did a bait/switch on me and woudln't make it right and paypal said they couldn't recoup the funds from the seller. That sucks for those of us who like to sell things and keep money in the paypal balance for spending on things you want to buy online (which I like do to on a fairly regular basis when I'm not short on money for living expenses).

I just went through a similar situation with an item I sold on ebay. It was shipped priority mail to belgium and the buyer was totally impatient. For some reason this winter priority mail shipments sent outside the US seem to be taking a lot longer than they tell you it will take to arrive. Anyway when clearly not enough time had passed that worrying should even start to happen, this guy emails me asking where his package is and when did I send it and what's the tracking number.

Keep in mind I sent his package the same day he paid me, emailed him the day it shipped and there is no tracking # because USPS doesn't do that. I was busy the day he emailed me asking and didnt' get a chance to reply right away and so he filed a claim with paypal who withdrew the funds immediately from my account to hold until the case is closed.

I emailed the dude asking why he did this as I told him when it shipped, have flawless feedback on ebay and not enough time had passed that it would even be considered lost in the mail. He replied that he "buys a lot of things and did it so he wouldn't forget about it". I explained to him thanks to his shitty actions paypal took money from me that I actually needed and was about to use to pay for some bills (which was true). He apologized but woudln't close the case until he got his package. Which came 2 days later! He at least did the right thing and closed the case and I got my money back but I will never sell anything to that guy again because of this. He even asked me after all was said and done if I had something else he was interested in and I just ignored it.

One thing you can do to protect yourself as a seller is to immediately take any money in your paypal balance and either spend it, or send it to your bank account. I'm pretty sure they can't dip into your bank account to remove funds for disputes as I once filed a legit claim on someone who did a bait/switch on me and woudln't make it right and paypal said they couldn't recoup the funds from the seller. That sucks for those of us who like to sell things and keep money in the paypal balance for spending on things you want to buy online (which I like do to on a fairly regular basis when I'm not short on money for living expenses).

what a load of shit. postage over the winter was shocking in the UK, cause of the weather, no doubt europe to. also of recent things are getting held up due to terrorism on the USA end, took a month for a package to be delievered from me to a friend in ohio, usually takes 6 days.

if he needed to do it to "remember" why didnt he just write it down?

I don't sell too often but I did recently. Two packages to France took forever to arrive and both buyers filed a claim the last possible day. I don't ever have a balance in my account. A claim throws it into a negative balance and you can't use your account at all until you pay them. So in a way it's actually worse.

In my experience, when a seller isn't responding to my emails or the item is taking longer than expected, I've had much success with the threat of filing a claim. Notice I said "threat," not actually filing. If you've waited 2 weeks after payment is sent, a threat works nicely. Most sellers who have been selling a while know what that means and will respond accordingly.

you cant integrate a "gift" payment in with web cart software. all the gift payments have to be done manually, which would be a big pain to track down all the orders and keep them organized and stuff. Not bad for a single payment or 2, but definitely not good for a business recieving numerous transactions a day.

Also, that many gifts, or people including their address in can throw up a red flag. I have friends who have recieved emails from paypal saying that they know they are mis-using the gift option, and will be kicked off of paypal if they continue. There are also limits on gifts as well, and if you send/recieve enough money in gift, you have to wait until the next month for your limit to reset.

MXV - taking money out of your paypal account right away to have a zero balance is actually WORSE in the long run. Because, yes paypal can dip into your attached bank account and remove the money from your bank. They can also restrict your account because of it, which would mean you could no longer recieve or send payments until you rectified the balance. which is bad for an online business to have their paypal account go down. Ultimately if you dont rectify the negative balance on your account (by closing down your bank account, etc), they can report it to credit agencies and put the account on collection, which will fuck you up far worse than the 20 bucks you are in the hole for.

In my experience, when a seller isn't responding to my emails or the item is taking longer than expected, I've had much success with the threat of filing a claim. Notice I said "threat," not actually filing. If you've waited 2 weeks after payment is sent, a threat works nicely. Most sellers who have been selling a while know what that means and will respond accordingly.

2 weeks? ...really? Remind me never to sell anything to you.

I always wait at least a month before asking about a package that hasn't arrived. And I certainly don't start by threatening a paypal claim.

deafmx is right, I clearly stated a response to an email. But Kurtz, if it takes you two weeks to write me an email letting me know what's going on, or if it even takes you two weeks to ship a record, I wouldn't feel confident about buying from you.

Extraneous circumstances are one thing, but after a payment is sent, it shouldn't take a week to mail records.

deafmx is right, I clearly stated a response to an email. But Kurtz, if it takes you two weeks to write me an email letting me know what's going on, or if it even takes you two weeks to ship a record, I wouldn't feel confident about buying from you.

Extraneous circumstances are one thing, but after a payment is sent, it shouldn't take a week to mail records.

I guess I just don't get why you would even have to contact the seller within two weeks. That is not a lot of time. It has taken me a week to get to the post office before. Most of us have jobs and other things going on that making a trip to the post office is not an option every day. That plus media mail can easily take over 2 weeks.