PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

180 gram is just something to get people to pay more money for a record, it doesn't increase sound quality. It just feels better when you hold it.

i don't know. i'm listening to Touche Amore on 180 gram white and it sounds pretty awesome. most white vinyl i have sounds like garbage.

less chance of warping, more consistent surface without all the "pits" or bubbles that all the thin vinyl gets. there are advantages, but it also depends on where it was pressed i suppose. there's a reason i (and others) love records from Polyvinyl and Saddle Creek, 180 gram and great sounding records.

it's just lame that the Deftones LP says 180 gram on the sticker and is priced according to that, yet isn't 180 gram. that's the only real debate happening here.

180 gram is just something to get people to pay more money for a record, it doesn't increase sound quality. It just feels better when you hold it.

im sorry travis but this is the dumbest thing you've ever said...

in the case of this Deftones release it's probably true, cause i don't believe its 180gram. but there is a reason for 180gram and thicker (200gram, etc) for ex:

-less chance of warping because of the thickness (obvious)

-wider bandwidth

-better stereo imaging (on a good press)

-less noise (on a good press)

-also contains no recycled plastic, recycled plastic can lead to impurities and more noise...

i talked to a guy at HT and he seemed to know nothing about it.when do the colored versions release? dates? what site are they anouncing it on?

goddamn it.

read the thread, man.

i did read the thread. theres no info on what i asked about. instead of being a jerk, you could just try and help someone. maybe point out a specific topic....

goddamn it.

read the thread, man.

i did read the thread. theres no info on what i asked about. instead of being a jerk, you could just try and help someone. maybe point out a specific topic....

actually, there's all kinds of these details in this thread. you didn't read the thread very well if you didn't see all this info already.

it was supposed to be released 5/17. Hot Topic's distributor has shipped late so it's not in every store yet. most likely by this coming Tuesday, 5/24. call your local HT store if you want to know if they've gotten it in yet. many people have posted in their areas if it's in or not. read the thread.

the common retail color is BLACK, as picture in this thread.

the Hot Topic exclusive color is ORANGE, as pictured in this thread.

there is no official word if there is a 3rd color or not. it's possible.

travis, who buys vinyl for Hot Topic and got this pressing to happen, will most likely post here as soon as it hits the website. he has posted the list of stores that will receive it already. read the thread again if you want to see that list.

actually, there's all kinds of these details in this thread. you didn't read the thread very well if you didn't see all this info already.

it was supposed to be released 5/17. Hot Topic's distributor has shipped late so it's not in every store yet. most likely by this coming Tuesday, 5/24. call your local HT store if you want to know if they've gotten it in yet. many people have posted in their areas if it's in or not. read the thread.

the common retail color is BLACK, as picture in this thread.

the Hot Topic exclusive color is ORANGE, as pictured in this thread.

there is no official word if there is a 3rd color or not. it's possible.

travis, who buys vinyl for Hot Topic and got this pressing to happen, will most likely post here as soon as it hits the website. he has posted the list of stores that will receive it already. read the thread again if you want to see that list.

i looked through 4 times now but didnt see a list. what page is it on?

ok, I'm a lying asshole. I just went through every page looking for it and didn't find the list. sorry. he usually posts the same list in every Hot Topic vinyl thread. I swore he posted it in the Adrenaline or ATF thread but it's not in either one.

travis, where's that list of stores carrying ATF?! :P

haha no biggie. ur not a ahole. just trying to find some tips.thanks

What the hell?! I had a hot topic near me hold a copy of deftones and glassjaw. I told them I would pick them up tomorrow, which was today... i called today and they sold them. So i called every other hot topic near me and they all said they cant sell me deftones until tuesday. I tried telling them the release date was last week but they dont care. =/