PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

this limited release shit sucks. it's just like everything that's catered to kids today...build an insane hype and constant demand by artificailly driving the value up through ebay, etc. then, when the shit actually gets repressed people are ready and willing to pay more than what it's worth just to avoid the resale hassle. just put out the product that people want.

Got my copy on black from Amazon last week. Stopped in my local HT yesterday but they didn't have the orange version in yet. Ended up ordering it through the darn kiosk just to be on the safe side.

They did however have plenty of Glassjaw's EYEWTKAS and the new Blink 182 live album. Bought the former but not the latter.

just put out the product that people want.

thats what im doing

don't be hypersensitive dude, we're too old for that. i was obviously stating to put out the QUANTITIES that people want. i'm as appreciative as anyone else here that the albums that we want are being put out. the point, again, is that the "limited release" game is bullshit. just like sneakers, street wear, etc etc everybody is more concerened with obtaining something "exclusive" and are willing to forego common sense to obtain it. peace.

I didn't read anything hypersensitive about that...

I agree for the most part, but I also know that because physical sales overall are down for almost every medium, and people still don't know how much the vinyl thing will stick, a lot of desk jockeys are probably too afraid to take any big risks with having stuff produced.

thats what im doing

don't be hypersensitive dude, we're too old for that. i was obviously stating to put out the QUANTITIES that people want. i'm as appreciative as anyone else here that the albums that we want are being put out. the point, again, is that the "limited release" game is bullshit. just like sneakers, street wear, etc etc everybody is more concerened with obtaining something "exclusive" and are willing to forego common sense to obtain it. peace.

I have no idea how you could take what I said as being "hypersensitive".

These releases are being mass produced. Hot Topic has 2000 copies of this and then other retailers can order the regular pressing so this thing is widely available. Getting these pressed was pretty much my idea so I was able to get exclusive colors on them. If someone wants a limited colored copy there is that option and if someone wants a regular black copy there is that option too. If anyone in the world wants a copy of this album they should have no trouble finding one so Im not sure what you're even talking about.

Im in the business of selling records. I bring in a quantity of records that I feel comfortable with selling through. Im really not concerned with what any other retailer is doing.

2000 + how ever many black copies exist are more than enough copies of this record to satisfy the marketplace. Id prefer these records sell out at HT so I dont have to mark any of them down later on.

A little retail 101 for you.

my initial bitchfest was aimed at the flippers, ebayers, etc that can easily take advantage of a "limited release". it actually wasn't directed at you or even HT in general but i think you took it that way. fuckin' internet. peace.

I didnt take the first part being directed at me or HT which is why I only quoted that one little part that you wrote. I was just saying these releases are widely available and still available. None of these vinyl releases are going to be in print forever. People should know by now if there is a release you want then buy it sooner rather than later or it may be gone. My point was that these are available in a lot of places, if someone wants to go the ebay route instead of paying regular retail prices then thats up to them.