PO: Appleseed Cast - Middle States

From Graveface:

[image]

GRAVE058 THE APPLESEED CAST : Middle States

CD / LP / Digital Download (released on 6/7/11)

Middle States seems an appropriate title for the band’s latest release. It could be read as signifying the band’s home town of Lawrence, Kansas (a “middle” state if there ever was one), the EP’s place in the trajectory of the band’s career, a piece that alludes to its progress between its gripping seventh album, Sagargatha (2009) and it’s already eagerly-anticipated eighth record (due out on Graveface in early 2012). Or, as the title track suggests, the middle stages and transitional periods of life. Heard through the lush, brightly textured harmonies led by singer and co-founder Chris Crisci, change is a pretty alright thing.

For the Middle States EP, The Appleseed Cast sequestered itself in its own recording “compound,” having fallen in love with the freedom of crafting records without the time and budget constraints of a traditional studio during home sessions for Sagarmatha. The relaxed pace and familiar setting has served the band well. Opening the EP is cinematic rocker “End Frigid Constellations,” a song that evokes so many feelings and imagery it seems epic despite its relative shortness. The finale, “Three Rivers,” contains many of the EPs most majestic moments and showcasing the band’s live prowess and tight musicianship. The song marks the band’s first completely improvised release, but with any luck it won’t be the last.

Middle States gives insight into a band that is constantly reinventing itself and growing stronger with each passing year. If the EP is a teaser of things yet to come, we can only say it’s working brilliantly.. click here for more info on this release

1. End Frigate Constellation

2. Interlude

3. Middle States

4. Three Rivers

LP: Record Club members receive orange crush/baby blue Aside/Bside vinyl. All other customers receive milky clear/aqua blue Aside/Bside vinyl. First 500 customers (don't fret Record Club, you are already getting this) receive 11x17 poster of bonus, non-album art (see photo for vinyl colors and bonus poster).

First 500 LP copies are hand-numbered (only available through this site) - first pressing 1000. All customers receive an 11x17 promotional retail poster featuring the cover art. We're hoping to ship these out sometime in April but you'll receive mp3s instantly to tide you over.

CD: The CD is packaged in a recycled gatefold sleeve & the first 500 copies are hand-numbered. All customers receive an 11x17 promotional retail poster. We're hoping to ship these out sometime in April but you'll receive mp3s instantly to tide you over.

320Kbps Digital Download : $3.50 / USA: $8-CD (1st Class), $12-LP (Media Mail) / Canada: $8-CD, $17-LP / Rest of the World: $8-CD, $24-LP

prices include shipping

http://www.graveface.com/graveface-catalog.html

Excited!

Glad I got the record subscription!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered. Can somebody explain where I'm supposed to get/receive the digital downloads?

Hi Bob!

It gets sent to your paypal email address as soon as payment clears. Email me with your transaction number if it never shows up (check your junk mail though!).

Also, just curious what everyone thinks of the new stuff. First and foremost I'm a HUGE fan of this band and I was really excited by the new songs.

Peace and Love

Nice! Ordered.

Anyone in Iowa/the midwest should come to our show with them on Thursday!

The Appleseed Cast

Giants

Muscle Worship

Cedar Falls, Iowa

Doors at 6:30/ Show at 7:30

$10.00 adv./ $14.00 day of show.

www.wheelhousecf.com

you should play in Minneapolis with Appleseed Cast again! still getting str8 dissed in Minnesota. :-/

Nice! Ordered.

Anyone in Iowa/the midwest should come to our show with them on Thursday!

The Appleseed Cast

Giants

Muscle Worship

Cedar Falls, Iowa

Doors at 6:30/ Show at 7:30

$10.00 adv./ $14.00 day of show.

www.wheelhousecf.com

you should play in Minneapolis with Appleseed Cast again! still getting str8 dissed in Minnesota. :-/

Duuuuude I know. We just haven't played much in general in the last year or so.

Hopefully we will be playing up here soon.