RSD on SRC

Don't know if anybody has threaded this or not, but i just received an email stated that SRC is going to have their own version of RSD on Saturday, April 16th at 6pm EST. They're having over 30 titles and 600 pieces. Nothing is posted on the link, but here it is http://www.shopradiocast.com/categories/Record-Store-Day

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be getting a number of good releases. Transit, Foo Fighters, JEW, Piebald, OFF!, Mastodon, Whitemore/pos splits. A bunch of other stuff as well. Seems like a solid bet if you don't live near a record store to pick up a bunch of things at once.

Not doubting your word in the slightest, but I have to ask... how do you know this? Is there an unofficial list our there?

They will be getting a number of good releases. Transit, Foo Fighters, JEW, Piebald, OFF!, Mastodon, Whitemore/pos splits. A bunch of other stuff as well. Seems like a solid bet if you don't live near a record store to pick up a bunch of things at once.

Not doubting your word in the slightest, but I have to ask... how do you know this? Is there an unofficial list our there?

I went to pick up an order from them and they told me what they were getting. I just don't remember it all. Good stuff though.

Isn't that defeating the purpose?

I dont really think it defeats the purpose (seeing as how SRC is a record store, it is record store day), but it defeats the whole "helping out local record stores". I'm hoping they actually do something exclusive that is limited to only them... At least they are doing it at 6 pm (EST) so that you can get to your local record store early and support them first.

^ Is that the kid from the mighty ducks???

Hahaha no.... if you're thinking about Goldberg, heres a picture of him now....

http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/the-mighty-ducks-where-are-they-now/shaun-wiess-after-the-ducks-2/

That would be pretty epic if it was him though!

haha, totally looks like him. I'm going to keep pretending it is.

Hahaha no.... if you're thinking about Goldberg, heres a picture of him now....

http://www.celebuzz.com/photos/the-mighty-ducks-where-are-they-now/shaun-wiess-after-the-ducks-2/

That would be pretty epic if it was him though!

haha, totally looks like him. I'm going to keep pretending it is.

I'll go with ya on that one.... maybe if you could have some sort of offspring with goldberg crossed with Jonah Hill circa Accepted!

Ohhh I can see it now!

Also this is at the end of the day at 6pm so I guess it makes it better. Makes me happy since I really dont live near record stores and I have to work every saturday. I'll be able to pick up a few things I'm looking forward to.

yes. not trying to get shit sold before the B&M stores, but if you can't get something at your local shop, this could be a chance to get it later in the day

I think there are countless webstores getting RSD releases. This is hardly exclusive to just SRC. I just ordered RSD stuff from Relapse and they haven't had a retail store in years.

Those were all Revelation Records items. Relapse and Rev must distribute to each other. Last year Rev put up some of their own records for RSD in their webstore after RSD. Chunksaah put some Jersey Pride 7"s in their store last year too.

BUT...

These are actual record labels that are giving a majority of their RSD only presses to physical stores and putting a few up in their webstore. This is significantly different than an internet radio show that moonlights as a webstore purchasing and selling RSD items.

Seriously, what's the deal here?

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venue/7113

SRC is listed on the RSD site, and the Google maps plugin clearly shows their address is a UPS store.

Also then there's this:

A Record Store Day participating store is defined as a retailer whose main primary business focuses on a physical store location, whose product line consists of at least 50% music retail, whose company is not publicly traded and whose ownership is at least 70% located in the state of operation. (In other words, we’re dealing with real, live, physical, indie record stores—not online retailers or corporate behemoths).

Cool, dudes.

they aren't the only ones there is a shop in Columbus that went out of business last year & is strictly online sales now. yet they are doing rsd this year. not everyone can make it out or even has a store near them it's inevitable people are going to flip these so I would rather people have a shot buying them online. it's a shit situation and rsd in general has turned into a pile of shit.