Can't wait to live in a free country.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why everyone is hating on the fact that he plays poker. I think he's as annoying as the next guy, and saying you're going to flee the country/fuck america is pretty childish, but the dude should have the right to play poker if he wants to. Also, I highly doubt he's making a living off of 5 grand a year.

As usual, ryan is right.

Where were you for the Patriot Act?

Where is your Free Bradley Manning thread?

Why aren't you exposing the pay-to-play bullshit going on in Washington?

If online poker is the straw that broke your back, then you have a lot to learn about the world around you.

Pretty hypocritical wouldn't you say? I'm catching a ton of shit here because no one here gives a shit about poker. Among the poker community, everyone is going apeshit and many are talking about leaving the country. So why should I know about the above examples which don't effect me but you guys are giving me crap and don't care?

But what is the deal with Bradley Manning and the thing in Washington? I'd like to know.

In the sense that I was able to keep myself afloat with it when I was in between jobs. Playing online poker is the best way to improve at the game. It is what makes online players significantly better than those old guys who play live. We're better because we can accumulate more experience and play more hands and be put in more situations in 6 months than they do in their entire lives.

We'll see you at the World Series of Poker final table next time, right?

1. Me? No. Probably someone from the poker forum I frequent. Final table will more than likely have several "online players."

2. You probably won't be seeing a lot of televised poker anymore. The shows get notoriously shitty ratings that have decreased since the initial poker boom. The ones that are still around serve mostly as advertising platforms for PokerStars and Full Tilt. A good example would be "High Stakes Poker" on GSN. The show was cancelled and dead in the water until Full Tilt put up the cash to keep the show going. Kiss that goodbye. I'm personally happy about this cause they suck for the most part.

Where were you for the Patriot Act?

Where is your Free Bradley Manning thread?

Why aren't you exposing the pay-to-play bullshit going on in Washington?

If online poker is the straw that broke your back, then you have a lot to learn about the world around you.

Pretty hypocritical wouldn't you say? I'm catching a ton of shit here because no one here gives a shit about poker. Among the poker community, everyone is going apeshit and many are talking about leaving the country. So why should I know about the above examples which don't effect me but you guys are giving me crap and don't care?

But what is the deal with Bradley Manning and the thing in Washington? I'd like to know.

If this guy is for real equating the criminalization of online poker with actual real-world political issues (which apparently don't affect you? What, are you just staying in the US for the poker?), I'm LOLin'.

Also, anyone who would consider leaving the country because they can't make money playing cards should do it. Seriously, anything that spreads out the high concentration of idiots within our borders is a welcome move.

If this guy is for real equating the criminalization of online poker with actual real-world political issues (which apparently don't affect you? What, are you just staying in the US for the poker?), I'm LOLin'.

Also, anyone who would consider leaving the country because they can't make money playing cards should do it. Seriously, anything that spreads out the high concentration of idiots within our borders is a welcome move.

Hey I'm right here. You don't have to start sentences with "is this guy?"

I always love it when people just throw out the word "compare" in as broad and vague a way as humanly possible. Yes I am "comparing" the Patriot Act to online poker. In fact you skipped a few steps and just threw it into "real world political issues." Fuck man I practically said "losing online poker is worse than 9/11, the Japanese tsunami, and the Civil War combined!!111"

And yes, I am supremely stupid. That's why when presented with 3 specific examples of, as you so eloquently put it "real-world political events" which sounds like something someone getting a D in 5th grade social studies would say, I asked for more information about the examples I was unfamiliar with. As far as the Patriot Act. No, it has never affected my life in any way that I am aware of. I haven't checked out the Quran from a public library in the last decade so I don't think my name is on any no-fly lists.

I can say for certain that if someone said, "wtf guys the government won't let me fly because of my long beard and turban" I probably wouldn't say, "pfffft cry me a river gaylord." Which is why I think most of you guys are complete dildos.

Okay well this will be my last post in thread. I honestly can't believe some of you guys are even serious. I love how the fact that I lost $4,000 (for the time being) has been totally glossed over so I'll try and put this in ways you can understand.

-Let's say the average price of City & Colour "Sometimes" is $150. The Department of Justice has confiscated 27 copies of "Sometimes" that I ordered and paid for. I can't get to my investment or my money right now. It's just gone and up in the air as to whether or not I will ever have access to it.

-I've heard several stories of people who sell records for a living. They need their copies of "Sometimes" to pay their college tuition. Somehow they're idiots and deserve this.

-I've heard a story of a well known pro who had purchased 3,333 copies ($500k). His 3,333 copies of "Sometimes" numbered to 500 are now gone.

Yeah I know. Who cares. Cry me a river. It's all soooo unimportant especially compared to real world problems like, "this guy didn't send me a record" or "this distro is selling their own rare records for profit on eBay." There's some real world problems. I'm the fucking idiot.

Okay well this will be my last post in thread. I honestly can't believe some of you guys are even serious. I love how the fact that I lost $4,000 (for the time being) has been totally glossed over so I'll try and put this in ways you can understand.

-Let's say the average price of City & Colour "Sometimes" is $150. The Department of Justice has confiscated 27 copies of "Sometimes" that I ordered and paid for. I can't get to my investment or my money right now. It's just gone and up in the air as to whether or not I will ever have access to it.

-I've heard several stories of people who sell records for a living. They need their copies of "Sometimes" to pay their college tuition. Somehow they're idiots and deserve this.

-I've heard a story of a well known pro who had purchased 3,333 copies ($500k). His 3,333 copies of "Sometimes" numbered to 500 are now gone.

Yeah I know. Who cares. Cry me a river. It's all soooo unimportant especially compared to real world problems like, "this guy didn't send me a record" or "this distro is selling their own rare records for profit on eBay." There's some real world problems. I'm the fucking idiot.

I was completely ready to reverse my stance on your topic. This is a good analogy. It's well thought out and I'm not being sarcastic.

However, the fact that the online poker companies willingly and knowingly defied federal laws and broke others (money laundering) renders the argument void. You personally have a shitty situation and if you had your money tied up in a non-criminal enterprise, I would have sympathy. However, looking at it objectively, I have to say that you sleep with dogs, you gets fleas. I would be similarly unimpressed if a drug dealer was on here complaining about having his stash raided by the po-po.

speaking as an impartial party who hasnt posted in this thread, i will tell you what the difference is between the above analogy and your problem which is this: people on here obviously find you annoying and probably dont like you and therefore are not sympathetic to your current dilemma. not sure what you were expecting to get out of this thread but while the analogies might make sense in a "logical" sort of way, theres no accounting for personal opinion. youve already said youre done with this thread, but had you not - i would have told you to just give up.

http://www.mea.org/gop-leaders-aim-toughen-teacher-strike-penalties

http://www.mea.org/house-panel-taking-anti-strike-bills-wednesday

A committee in Michigan is seeking to introduce bills that would drastically increase the penalties for striking teachers. Some of these penalties would include: non-tenured teachers who strike are immediately fired, tenured teachers would face a 2-year suspension of their teaching license, and any union representing striking employees will be decertified for 5 years. Some of these penalties come into play even if no strike occurs and it is only discussed. It's already illegal for teachers to strike in Michigan (fuck?), but these laws give them much more freedom to prosecute before a strike occurs.

Looks like we have a long, hard road ahead of us.

http://www.mea.org/gop-leaders-aim-toughen-teacher-strike-penalties

http://www.mea.org/house-panel-taking-anti-strike-bills-wednesday

A committee in Michigan is seeking to introduce bills that would drastically increase the penalties for striking teachers. Some of these penalties would include: non-tenured teachers who strike are immediately fired, tenured teachers would face a 2-year suspension of their teaching license, and any union representing striking employees will be decertified for 5 years. Some of these penalties come into play even if no strike occurs and it is only discussed. It's already illegal for teachers to strike in Michigan (fuck?), but these laws give them much more freedom to prosecute before a strike occurs.

Looks like we have a long, hard road ahead of us.

Gotta love Republicans.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':xdciva3f]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':xdciva3f]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{