tornado

So....came within inches (literally inches) of losing my house and girlfriend today here in Tuscaloosa.....every tree around our heavily wooded lot fell down from the tornado, but all missed our house by inches.....I got to watch it all from my work.....the most unreal thing I've ever seen...watched one form from cloud to ground in front of my eyes. Currently staying at my bosses house (work and all of the University of Alabama campus is without power) b/c we physically can't get to our house. Shit's unreal down here, looting like crazy....it's like a warzone.

Dude, it's pretty messed up, the road I drive down everysingle day to and from work doesn't exist, the last house I lived in is leveled....it stopped literally a few hundred yards from my neighborhood....plenty of youtube vids up that I can't link to and navigate to b/c I'm on my phone

the weekend before i graduated college (i went to southern illinois university), there was an "inland hurricane" that tore up the entire region. SO much destruction. it was seriously the most surreal thing i've ever witnessed. luckily, nobody i knew was seriously hurt.

all the trees on campus and within like a 50 mile radius were fucked, though, and broke TONS of windows. i can't even imagine how long it took to clean everything up, or how much it must have cost. there was hail the size of baseballs. seriously. i've never seen anything like it before or since. hopefully you'll be able to say the same thing about what happened today. stay safe dude.

About ten years ago my brother was living in Oklahoma city when a pretty bad tornado hit a good amount of it. He had just moved out of the apartment he was in for a year or so to a bigger one. A week later the tornado leveled his old place. So grateful I still have him.

Glad you're okay as well, buddy!

A couple cars got crushed in our neighborhood but our part of town didn't get hit, though our old apartment was. Ringgold right next to us got largely obliterated along with a few smaller towns I work in with children's health. I drive a lot for work so watching the maps of the destruction in my part of Tennessee last night was chilling. Happy you and your family made it birdwell.

im just gonna go ahead and hang out on the brink of death. totally worth all the internet gold ill get for this youtube video.

-happy to hear things went less than horrible for you. good luck moving forward with everything.

Slight update...made it to the house, we have water/ and hot water(gas powered water heater)....I took a video of the path we have to treck to get to the house..whenever I get to a computer with faster and reliable internet I'll post pics and vids. Walked around the warzone that is our city....the last three houses I lived in down here are all either gone or they'll need to be torn down b/c of the damage...whwnever I can I'll post those...supposadly Obama's gonna be here today....to get anywhere I have to use interstates to circle the city...where it crossed the interstate it hit a giant scrap metal factory....got some pics of that as I passed by it...finals for university of alabama were to be next week, they canceled all finals and graduation...that's about all I can think of now. I appreciate the support guys.

On Tuesday 26th April 2011, @ke$ha said: FeelsBadMan.jpg

I have really awful news. After all day of desperately trying to get to you, Oklahoma, I'm going to have to cancel tonight's show. It breaks my heart, but it is entirely out of my hands. Severe storms in the Midwest have made it so I have not been able to make it out of Texas all day. I’ll be posting information on my site and on the venue’s website ASAP on when I’ll be able to reschedule this. I am beyond sorry for this and promise to make this up to you guys.

don't have power, so my normal breakfast of fiber one with skim milk, an apple, oj, and green tea has been replaced with...whatever I pick up on my way to work. Today decided to stop by and eat at my favorite little diner type place (city cafe....it's an old school meat and three for lunch hours and insanely cheap and good breakfast)....hardly anybody there when I was there, then three really well/over dressed dudes walk in and sit next to me...finally catch a glance and it's my govenor...went to work (Jimmy John's sandwiches) which sits right along a main little highway downtown...watched the president roll past our store with his motorcade intowe, which included the govenor....then started making hundreds and hundreds of sandwiches for United Way, local churches, red cross....strange day...currently without power still...but able to scam wifi from the Home Depot that my house backs up to.....strange times y'all

As for kesha, dunno who that is....royal wedding....dunno, haven't seen a tv or heard a radio for a few days now....only using the internet on my phone sparingly, mainly to make sure all my friends are acounted for...still haven't heard from everyone. Cell phone networks are jammed up with everybody callin, texting and internetting. Got friends coming up tomorrow with a trailor, chainsaws, more friends, water and food stuffs to help us make our road to my house passable, and prosably clear our our backyard and neighbors yards as well. They've got heavy heavy curfew in full effect with national guard and all that, last night was 10pm, tonight is 8pm (less than an hour) which means we gotta find somewhere to stay tonight.

13 friends, 6 chainsaws later and the front yard is clear....unfortunately only 1/4 of the backyard got done...and all of those kids are heading back out of town. Power company is finally chainsawing away at the 30 foot pecan tree blocking our dead end street in. Unfortunately they still have to put up new poles and run new lines to the houses and put up new boxes for our houses....been hearing some absolutely horrific first-hand accounts of how it went down....horrific rumors of shit that has been goin down as well....under curfew by the military...shit's still unreal, but getting better by the day

So yesterday Charlie Sheen came to town and donated 1million dollars worth of supplies to the relief effort...winning? Still without power and scamming wifi off of the home depot in my back yard...the boil warning for the water iz finally over, so I can drink my tap water again...been eating breakfast and keeping breakfast food at work in our fridge...wish I was out helping instead of at work. The tree blocking our road is finally gone now, so we have easy access to the house, unfortunately so do the potential looters that my next door neighbor ran off of our street with a gun two nights ago....keep hearing more and more fucked up stories

• 1 month later...