Osama Bin Laden

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point is that this is EXACTLY WHAT EXTREMISTS DO when they launch a successful attack. are we the terrorists now? is our terrorist attack now successful? celebrating in the streets over this would indicate that is so. instead, we should be celebrating after we stop advancing economic interests in the middle east. we went there to find OSL. he's dead now and all there is is talk of continued offensives.

where does it end now?

if you want to play that card, can you show me where last night american citizens were burning the pakistani flag? or the flag of any other country in the middle east? perhaps even burning a picture of bin laden? maybe chants of "death to bin laden" or "death to muslims"? afterall, as you suggested, we are doing the same thing as the extremists do - even though i don't recall seeing any of the above occurring last night like they do at their demonstrations. i guess its a good thing we dumped bin laden's body in the ocean - wouldnt want anyone to parade his decapitated head around the streets of DC!

in short, last night those streets were more peaceful than the last time the lakers won the nba championship.

look, i get it. patriotism in this country is fleeting and people in general are fickle and not always as "respectful" as they could be. im still not going to tell people they are wrong for gathering in a public location in support of our country.

not to be that guy but i felt the comments you made were well thought out and parallel my same feelings.

did i celebrate last night? no.

did i feel good that justice had been done? yes.

that is the gist of what i felt last night.

and how does this compare to FLOOR last night?

HAH, Steve said something about and said "whatever"

then i went back to headbanging heavily and the rest of the night was a blur of awesome.

and how does this compare to FLOOR last night?

then i went back to headbanging heavily and the rest of the night was a blur of awesome.

he used the "SCREAM FOR ME AUSTIN!" to basically quote iron Maiden's "Scream for me LONG BEACH!" line. classic.

was mammoth grinder louder. they seemed to be here at least.

he used the "SCREAM FOR ME AUSTIN!" to basically quote iron Maiden's "Scream for me LONG BEACH!" line. classic.

was mammoth grinder louder. they seemed to be here at least.

yeah, mammoth grinder was way louder then last time. i also enjoyed the dude who jumped onstage and then jumped into the prone hipsters. was pretty ace.

[girl from work] Let's be clear on this: OBAMA did NOT kill Bin Laden. An American soldier, who Obama just a few weeks ago was debating on whether or not to PAY, did. Obama just happened to be the one in office when our soldiers finally found OBL and took him out. This is NOT an Obama victory, but an AMERICAN victory!

32 minutes ago · Like ·

6 people like this.

Matt Miller Let's be clear on this: Obama was one of many, many politicians in on the whole debt ceiling debate.

I don't know what her real point was, but you can't take the president's responsibility away on one issue because there's other people involved, then completely place blame on him on another issue.

if you want to play that card, can you show me where last night american citizens were burning the pakistani flag? or the flag of any other country in the middle east? perhaps even burning a picture of bin laden? maybe chants of "death to bin laden" or "death to muslims"? afterall, as you suggested, we are doing the same thing as the extremists do - even though i don't recall seeing any of the above occurring last night like they do at their demonstrations. i guess its a good thing we dumped bin laden's body in the ocean - wouldnt want anyone to parade his decapitated head around the streets of DC!

in short, last night those streets were more peaceful than the last time the lakers won the nba championship.

look, i get it. patriotism in this country is fleeting and people in general are fickle and not always as "respectful" as they could be. im still not going to tell people they are wrong for gathering in a public location in support of our country.

celebrations in front of the white house over this is just about as iconic as they come. people who burn american flags, scream death to obama, etc are the extremists. do you remember terry jones? the pastor who was going to have a koran burning party? he is an extremist in the same exact way and FOURTEEN people, american citizens, died as a fucking result of his actions.

i'm NOT arguing for the personal culpability of the people celebrating in front of the capital. i'm not saying that they are going to be the cause of coming terrorist attacks. they are, however, going to be used through image and video to outrage those who worshiped OBL as a father of ideology and personal integrity. they are non-complicit, but their actions can arguably add to the free-for-all of hate that extremist americans and jihadists love so deeply.

yep, and with that i leave this:

I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

— Martin Luther King Jr.

[image]

LOL at these damn kids. And look at the one in the peace sign jacket. It's good this man is gone but celebrating in the streets in just plain dumb.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I love Taiwan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDyrkU0WAQ

Read about a seriously retarded person here:

http://deadspin.com/#!5797774/why-yes-one-cleveland-writer-did-make-osama-bin-ladens-death-about-lebron-james