Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all because some idiot named pearbear decided to bump this thread saying things that were already touched on months ago. he has contributed so much to the board so far and is a worthwhile member in the short few days he's been registered; with posts ranging from i went into hot topic and bought such and such, hating on flippers, and initiating a Brand New bitch fest.

all because some idiot named pearbear decided to bump this thread saying things that were already touched on months ago. he has contributed so much to the board so far and is a worthwhile member in the short few days he's been registered; with posts ranging from i went into hot topic and bought such and such, hating on flippers, and initiating a Brand New bitch fest.
this dudes cares WAY too much about the internet. fucking team serious right here

Yeah I haven't been a worthwhile member so far, I guess I have been missing out on a lot the 4-5 years this has been around. I should have just started a new topic even though my post was in relation to one talked about before. I'll make sure to start pressing records with my ass cheeks so I can be more productive.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this was a message someone on AP.net received from the seller:

"proof of authenticity would be that the code that the pressing plants puts on the matrix of the record is the same as all other brand new lps you can find. so they are the same. they were found in storage at the pressing plant. we think that they made more white, which they shouldn't have, and kept them in un-labelled boxes. at this point we don't know how many of each color are actually out there. but only 2200 jackets were made, so it's still pretty rare.

- iodinerecords"

I bought a copy last year, but haven't taken the time to compare with an "original" copy. Does someone own an original that would be willing to post that code?

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this was a message someone on AP.net received from the seller:

"proof of authenticity would be that the code that the pressing plants puts on the matrix of the record is the same as all other brand new lps you can find. so they are the same. they were found in storage at the pressing plant. we think that they made more white, which they shouldn't have, and kept them in un-labelled boxes. at this point we don't know how many of each color are actually out there. but only 2200 jackets were made, so it's still pretty rare.

- iodinerecords"

I bought a copy last year, but haven't taken the time to compare with an "original" copy. Does someone own an original that would be willing to post that code?

7658-I005-1 or 7658-IOO5-1....I'm assuming it's I005 and not IOO5, but I could be wrong and then S-49579-8 and S-49579-9 (the 9 on side B or "The Chapstick" side is scratched out and an 8 etched in over it)

7658-I005-1 or 7658-IOO5-1....I'm assuming it's I005 and not IOO5, but I could be wrong and then S-49579-8 and S-49579-9 (the 9 on side B or "The Chapstick" side is scratched out and an 8 etched in over it)

The first numbers match the ones on mine, but I need a magnifying glass for the rest of the numbers. Here's what I was able to make out verbatim:

7658-I005-1(A) 13 365 5-495 18

7658-I005-1(B) 8-49579 WE RAS

Obviously the b-side needs some work on the end because I doubt those are random letters. Will post again as soon as I find a magnifying glass.

I too would love to own this record. I love it and all but $150 is a bit steep.

man. i have dreams about "finding" boxes with hundreds of records worth 150 dollars each in storage.

sort of sucks for me, cause i honestly want this record (not for anywhere NEAR 150 bucks), but i cant hate cause id totally be doing the same if i found boxes of that.