MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Have you read the follow up? http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

That dude is a hot mess.

"I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."

I think this guy may be my new personal hero

I spent a stupid amount of time reading up on this on Reddit and elsewhere. Crazy!

I requested a refund for my order on 12/22. Yesterday, my refund was processed and I received an email from Dan stating:
Hi Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that I processed the refund you requested via PayPal for $39.00. Do you mind my asking why you've decided to cancel your order?

Thanks for your support,

Dan

I just replied with the following:

Thanks for processing the refund, Dan.

As for why - I disagree with the way this release and the customer support surrounding it have been handled.

I've ordered plenty of records from MTS/AFS before - I expected to wait for a quality product. I have no issues with that. I'm also lucky enough that the $39 price tag won't keep me from eating or putting gas in my car. Others are not as lucky. Obviously, your customers were upset at the release date being pushed back. We had already been waiting, we had already heard empty and broken promises, we were all out $30+. The breaking point came when customers were told that "no one is forcing you to keep your order, so you can either wait a little longer or get an immediate refund". To me that says: "we don't care about you or your patronage".

The other reason I decided to cancel my order was when refunded copies of the release were put back up for sale in the webstore at a higher price. Specifically the 180 gram versions, originally being sold for $40, now for sale at $60. The record hasn't seen the light of day yet and it's already being marked up at a premium because of hype? That's wrong. Should Coca-Cola price their soda at an additional 50% markup just because it's popular?

If you haven't already, take a little time to check out this exchange between a customer waiting on a pre-order for a gaming controller and the PR rep who insulted said customer

http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26/just-wow1

The result: In 24 hours his PR firm lost their account and are essentially blacklisted from the gaming community as a whole.

Any potential future purchases I make from MTS/AFS will be heavily considered. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that mindset.

Best of luck to you all in the future.

Brian

You put this really well. I appreciate you're laying it out to them so reasonably. Dan has always been nothing but helpful to me and I think a reply like this has to get through on some level.

That Penny-Arcade story is amazing. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I requested a refund for my order on 12/22. Yesterday, my refund was processed and I received an email from Dan stating:
Hi Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that I processed the refund you requested via PayPal for $39.00. Do you mind my asking why you've decided to cancel your order?

Thanks for your support,

Dan

I just replied with the following:

Thanks for processing the refund, Dan.

As for why - I disagree with the way this release and the customer support surrounding it have been handled.

I've ordered plenty of records from MTS/AFS before - I expected to wait for a quality product. I have no issues with that. I'm also lucky enough that the $39 price tag won't keep me from eating or putting gas in my car. Others are not as lucky. Obviously, your customers were upset at the release date being pushed back. We had already been waiting, we had already heard empty and broken promises, we were all out $30+. The breaking point came when customers were told that "no one is forcing you to keep your order, so you can either wait a little longer or get an immediate refund". To me that says: "we don't care about you or your patronage".

The other reason I decided to cancel my order was when refunded copies of the release were put back up for sale in the webstore at a higher price. Specifically the 180 gram versions, originally being sold for $40, now for sale at $60. The record hasn't seen the light of day yet and it's already being marked up at a premium because of hype? That's wrong. Should Coca-Cola price their soda at an additional 50% markup just because it's popular?

If you haven't already, take a little time to check out this exchange between a customer waiting on a pre-order for a gaming controller and the PR rep who insulted said customer

http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26/just-wow1

The result: In 24 hours his PR firm lost their account and are essentially blacklisted from the gaming community as a whole.

Any potential future purchases I make from MTS/AFS will be heavily considered. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that mindset.

Best of luck to you all in the future.

Brian

Have you read the follow up? http://penny-arcade.com/resources/an-update1.html

That dude is a hot mess.

:o Mind blown.

Hello Dan,

On the Facebook update, RJ said ' The only thing missing is an image to use and final layout approval.' I was wondering, was this for the written foreword or the actual Take Off Your Pants and Jacket record itself? If the image and layout approval are for the foreword, is it possible to 'opt-out' of the foreword and just have the record shipped?

Thanks

I sent this to Dan and RJ. Neither of them got back to me today, we'll wait and see.

Having my label shirts printed this week: They are 1,200 thread count Egyptian.

[image]

is this shirt going to be a pre order that will ship on or before a date 3 months from now?

Nah, I'll say next month then ignore your emails for a month. After than I'll give you a discount to my store, then wait another 2 months. You have to remember this is a special item and it takes time.