MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I think he's just waiting until he has an update to give one. When he has something to give he usually gives it. So my guess, wait it out like we've all been doing and it will come. Hopefully sooner than later. Either way the packaging is something I'm stoked to see

i think most people would like to hear something rather than nothing at all. even "the plant is backlogged and the records aren't done being pressed." would suffice most. it's the keeping people in the dark and ignoring paying customers. other labels have run into delays, but when they do they at least keep their customers informed. especiall when they ask. are people pissed that these things aren't done yet, sure. but i'm willing to bet what is pushing a lot of people over the edge is the complete lack of communication and the label going out of their way to ignore people. i will never know what is so hard about keeping people informed in this internet age. should there be an update every day, no. but i don't think once a week is too much to ask for, especially considering how long this has taken with no end in sight.

they obvioulsy use their facebook frequently by the amount of posts they make for news/updates about their other bands, and in the process have to look past several posts/people asking for an update. they wouldnt have all these complaints to deal with and people asking for updates multiple times a day if they just keep people informed, even if no progress has been made.

odds are these aren't even in final production yet, which is why there has been no update. he doesnt want to deal with the backlash after people find that out, as if he is dealing with it or addressing it now. apparently MTS gave away a TOYPAJ test pressing on facebook, but all that guarantess at the most is that test presses were approved.

all of this would also be avoided if MTS didnt need to use the money from pre-orders to get records into production. that shouldnt be common practice amongst any business. if they launched pre-orders when the records were pretty much done, at least in production, instead of two months before you even finalize your jacket order, things would run smoother. i remember after the last blink record MTS did RJ promising things would run smoother and more efficient, with pre-orders not dragging on for months. well that was clearly a lie as this has been their worst fiasco to date. if i ran the label i would be ashamed of myself.

i dont know who the fuck you are, but i like you. stick around.

At least RJ is aware he fucked his label up...

[image]

[image]

so basically he turned into a lurker. he'll read things to see all the shit people are saying about him and his label, but won't post anything to argue otherwise. people shuold flood his personal facebook too, assuming it's not set to private, haven't check it. but odds are it will be set to private now.

i kinda feel bad for him. hes doing what he loves to do but just got in WAY too far over his head

i don't. all this stuff could have been prevented and all the blunders are his doing. it's not like some unforeseen mishap occured or some misfortunte event happened to cause all this. but i agree that he got and is in well over his head, maybe more towards bit off more than he can chew.

Over his head? You almost make it sound like he didn't think limited vinyl pressings of a fucking Blink 182 record were going to sell.

I have 0 sympathy for him. If you wanna play 'Record Label Guy' than step up to the plate. Don't hide out like a coward when people that have sent you money want to know what the fuck you're up too.

People should be upset. You're one of the few that actually support the music industry with your hard earned dollars and are bending over for RJ just because you know he'll eventually send you you're $50+ album with the super cool packaging whenever he feels like it and he's "doing his best."

It's like giving the fat kid who came in last place a 'nice try' trophy.

Are you kidding me? This might be more ridiculous then MTS's customer service. Get a fucking refund. He's not holding your money hostage, he is just taking forever to put a record out.

refund is not an option, i want these records, or at least a fucking update. didnt know thats too much to ask?

...actually a refund is an option, you just choose not to use it.

As for getting an update, of course that is a reasonable expectation...an expectation he has failed to meet multiple times. Stop acting so surprised.

Randomly going to the kids home and demanding an update about a colored piece of plastic with music you have already had access to for over 10 years is just ridiculous, and borderline insane.

kind of unrelated, but this is a MTS thread. has everyone seen the monstrosities they put up as examples for the Senses Fail records they're doing?

http://store.mtsrecords.com/products/13056

defintely done in like 2 minutes in MS paint.

Most albums covers can be done in 2 minutes with MS paint.

yeah, My refund was for $75, the combo, plus all the seven inches I think. Email that dan guy and ask if you can purchase on of the refunds because mine was the 180g combo pack or whatever. I don't even remember what it was anymore...

I e-mailed Dan about that, because I want to grab a 180gram, and this is what he replied;

Hi Sean,

I don't want to give you a definite yes at the moment, because I don't know how everything will play out with production overruns and such, but I would say that yes, it's a very good possibility that those refunded 180 Gram Black records will wind up back in the store once all of the orders are taken care of, if there are 180 Grams left. Hope all is well.

Thanks,

Dan

-----

The hate for R.J. is justified, he's a coward. This Dan guy, however, is on the up and up. I feel bad for him, dealing with all this fallout.

how much do you want to bet that all the refunded copies, especially the 180 gram ones, which is the only one to sell out so far, are going to be flipped on ebay by MTS at some point.

and now it appears they are flooding their own facebook with a bunch of nonsense/new calendar entries to bump all the TOYPAJ complaints as far down as possible.

Honestly I wish I just started my own label w/ all the money I dumped into my stocks.

Have a sweet layout and name for it too. \m/

and no he will take the refunded copies and turn them on the site for $55 + shipping probably.

I'm not in a hurry to get these since I originally planned on getting it around Black Friday/Christmas anyway. I think I stated that earlier in the thread.