MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Think of pre-orders as like selling tickets to an in-demand concert. It allows you to gauge interest and better figure out your expenses vs. potential profit. Sure, you could wait to buy a ticket to a show until the day of, but then you assume the risk that it might be sold out.

But 99% of the time the show is on the date posted. Pre-orders from MTS/AFS are never

why do you people have to bitch about the release date every single time RJ releases a blink 182 record. Get the fucking picture already. If you pre order these records, you should know by now the shit isn't going to ship when he says it is, so get the fuck over it or stop pre-ordering records from him. Simple.

This board has become so full of whiny little bitches. If you order a record before it's even pressed, you have no reason to bitch. Feel free to bitch when you start ordering records that are "in hand" and not showing up.

I don't ask questions. The records are late, I know that, I still PO them and I don't bitch when they're a few weeks late. If I had any sort of time crunch issues pertaining to a release date, I wouldn't be ordering something that wasn't even pressed. People are just bitching because they feel like they need to bitch.

Not one single person here has a legit reason to need this record on the release date.

why do you people have to bitch about the release date every single time RJ releases a blink 182 record. Get the fucking picture already. If you pre order these records, you should know by now the shit isn't going to ship when he says it is, so get the fuck over it or stop pre-ordering records from him. Simple.

This board has become so full of whiny little bitches. If you order a record before it's even pressed, you have no reason to bitch. Feel free to bitch when you start ordering records that are "in hand" and not showing up.

Which is worse those who bitch about not having a paid for product or those who bitch about those who bitch?

what if..say...someone is moving overseas and needs the record before they move? thatd be a legitimate reason to want your record in september rather than the realistic ship date of.....winter?...

we can play the what if game all night long, if you're moving, email RJ and have him change the address, sounds fucking difficult I know, but I hear he does get back to your emails...

Which is worse those who bitch about not having a paid for product or those who bitch about those who bitch?

just calling it how I see it dude...

Understandable haha Blink presses always bring drama whether it's from flippers, pushed back ship dates, or international shipping. It's just something everyone jumps on because of their popularity.

which is worse: the people who continue to whine and complain about consistently pushed-back release dates that they can't do anything about or the indie record label that won't just give us a truly realistic release date.

almost all other releases are in hand for months before they actually release it. just sayin.

I agree, RJ should be better about his release dates, especially when it's something that happens with every release. On the other hand, getting vinyl made these days is no science and any time I PO a record, I know full well it could easily turn into a month or two delay. Anyone remember the first press of Senor and the Queen? I never got anything from Sabot until the second press...

I agree, RJ should be better about his release dates, especially when it's something that happens with every release. On the other hand, getting vinyl made these days is no science and any time I PO a record, I know full well it could easily turn into a month or two delay. Anyone remember the first press of Senor and the Queen? I never got anything from Sabot until the second press...

yeah for sure. i still agree with you. i'm just offering that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to just put the release date like 4 months down the line after the PO goes up. that way when the records that are supposed to arrive in 2 months actually arrive in 3.5, you're still safe. no harm in holding onto a pressing for 2 weeks before it's shipped (or 2 months for that matter).

i think the only hole in this, though, is it just makes the PO even farther from final release.

idk, i'm a salesman. i always underpromise and hope to overdeliver. ya know? why tell your girlfriend you'll pick her up in 5 mins when you know you're 7 mins away? just say 10 and then arrive 3 mins early.

When money is involved, said person definitely has the right to bitch.

When money is involved, said person definitely has the right to bitch.

I don't really think so. I mean, we're all suckers for buying into something that hasn't even become a physical product anyways. I think anyone who actually believes that a release date is going to be met 100% of the time with vinyl, is pretty naive, especially when it comes to records and even more especially when it comes to MTS. It's the nature of the beast/PO world & some labels are nice enough to at least wait until tests are in hand, which generally makes for shorter PO's, other aren't.

PS I'm not defending RJ, I think he needs to figure it out and either set longer expectations for when the vinyl will truly be released or he needs to save some of the cash from each of these presses to pay for the following release/press.