Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2

So, tonight was the night that many of those around the US got to experience a free preview if they were lucky enough; and I happened to be one of those contest winners thanks to http://www.infamouskidd.com/it-all-ends-with-this-chance-to-see-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-first/

I got reserved seats, t shirt, key chain, and the whole shabanggg haha

Anyways, I definitely enjoyed this movie and thought it was very worthy to end off this incredible series with. My one complaint about it is that I don't think they needed to make this 3D... I believe that it would've been more enjoyable if it had been in the 2D that all of the HP movies have been in... but since it was free, I'm satisfied with this aspect for now haha(: I can't say that I think it was a better well done movie than part 1, but I can say that if you were to consider both of them together as one whole movie, it will be something to remember forever. Many were crying in my theatre and some tears were almost fallin' out of my eyes as well. I grew up with this series and it's something I will love forever and show to my kids one day as well. It's just a movie that needs to be seen for anybody who has kept up with this series. All in all, it was very lovely and magical(:

I almost feel like I'm missing out. I was a freshman in high school when this shit hit and I was obviously too cool to read such a (what I thought to be) childish book.

Then I remember I don't really don't care that much. Some of the kids I work with were talking about how they're die-hard fans because they're the same age as the actors and seemed to grow up as the books unfolded, where I'd just be reaching back.

I read all the books growing up. The first few came out while I was in High School. Easily my favorite literary series. The movies are great, especially from the 3rd one on...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be seeing it this weekend. I'd like to see the midnight showing but I'm flying out to Boston that night to visit my brother and won't be able to make the midnight showing there. Maybe Friday?

Actually, I lied, I've seen two of the movies. The first one, which I thought was pretty light and childish, then the third one. I liked how it turned dark and more.. adult? I don't think that's the right word, but it took on a more serious tone and I liked that. Apparently not enough to watch the rest of them though.

Maybe someday I'll read the books, but I've got a huge "To Read" list.

I read all of the books a few years ago and really enjoyed them. We read the first chapter in high school while trying to decide on a book to read as a class and I was like pfft, this blows. Then one time when I was a cashier a girl left HP1 behind and I decided to read it because I was bored and the store was slow. It took a few years for me to get 2, but once I did I read the rest in a two months span. I finished Half-Blood Prince right when Deathly Hallows came out, so that was great timing.

Saw this last Saturday (WB employee screening). It was very very good. Being the very last part of the series, it's the one where all the questions get answered and everything gets resolved. In my opinion, some of the reveals didn't transfer as well to cinema as I would have liked, but they still did a near-perfect job on everything.

This is the first 3D film I've seen where I actually thought the effect was done gracefully and actually added to the experience instead of just being a headache for the whole film. Don't know if this is going to be at all showings of the film or what, but at our screening we were given special Potter-branded 3D glasses in the shape of Harry's specs. They are by far the most comfortable 3D glasses I've ever used. My wife and I kept ours for use with future 3D media.

So excited for this! Dated a girl in high school who wanted to go to the second one the night it came out, and we went to get a couple books when they were released at midnight. I didn't read any of them until right before the third movie came out. Read them all pretty quickly, then had to wait for the 6th and 7th to come out. I've since been to all the movies on opening night, midnight showings for all of them since the 4th. On a side note, Troymess and I picked up the last book at midnight when it came out!