Thrice - Major Minor PO

I was bummed to find out that the download card was for 160kbps mp3s.

This makes NO sense to me.

160kbps is low quality for mp3s. Very low... I pretty much never see anything below 192kbps anymore. Much of the time with download cards, they give you the highest quality mp3s, which is 320kbps.

Fucking shit! I was waiting until the Thirsday vinyl came up to buy this so I wouldnt have to pay for shipping twice and now that Thursday is finally up (a week late!) Thrice is SOLD OUT! Such bullshit. =/

I was wanting to do the same thing and I ended up ordering here:

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/23871V.html

My local store got this in so I grabbed it there and cancelled my Amazon.ca order.

If amazon.ca didn't get in on the original press of 4k then my guess is they never will, and anyone who pre-ordered is gonna get boned.

I put in an order with amazon.com when they had the album listed as being "available in 6 to 11 days". Sounded like a stretch but I gave it a shot. Today they have it marked as "shipping soon" so perhaps not everyone will get screwed. :D

This makes NO sense to me.

160kbps is low quality for mp3s. Very low... I pretty much never see anything below 192kbps anymore. Much of the time with download cards, they give you the highest quality mp3s, which is 320kbps.

Great way to get you to also buy the high quality MP3 though huh ;)

Great way to get you to also buy the high quality MP3 though huh ;)

No, I just downloaded it elsewhere for free. I'm not paying twice for the same thing.

I was at Looney Tunes in Long Island yesterday and the guy there told me that a second pressing on black vinyl is coming out for Record Store Day (Black Friday) in November. He said the original run was essentially for pre-orders only and the remaining copies were sent to stores, lottery-style, so some retailers got zero.

I was at Looney Tunes in Long Island yesterday and the guy there told me that a second pressing on black vinyl is coming out for Record Store Day (Black Friday) in November. He said the original run was essentially for pre-orders only and the remaining copies were sent to stores, lottery-style, so some retailers got zero.

to be fair that place treats and views Record Store Day like an amusement park, they charge admission.

Holy shit, seriously? That is fucked.

i'm still pissed i can never find vheissu for a decent price. i passed on when it originally came out because i figured it'd be available for awhile (which it was really) but now you can't really find it for under 100

it needs a repress. badly.

Vheissu and Artist In The Ambulance both need to be repressed. And maybe I'm the only one, but I passed on the Alchemy Index box when it first came out, but I would totally buy that shit now. I hope for a repress, but that one seems a little more unlikely.