Thrice - Major Minor PO

guys! take advantage of the /4000 and go support your local record store! this will be almost as widely distributed as the new DCFC and such. i can't wait to finally be able to buy a record that i want in my store.

(on a slightly unrelated note, do the same with the new jack's mannequin, as well--shouldn't be a problem getting it in store)

now Tate is getting his panties in a twist about what can and can't be sent via media mail. the guy at his post office ripped him off and made him pay for a more expensive method when he was shipping a record, which is awesome. it really upsets me that such a big douche is allowed to even gaze upon records.

now Tate is getting his panties in a twist about what can and can't be sent via media mail. the guy at his post office ripped him off and made him pay for a more expensive method when he was shipping a record, which is awesome. it really upsets me that such a big douche is allowed to even gaze upon records.

They did change the description for Media Mail on the USPS website. Wonder if records can still be passed off as educational material?

i've never been questioned about the contents of a media mail package. and i've never heard of anyone having a package denied, returned to sender or charged more for delievery that was sent out media mail. a lot places send out records and CD's with other shit that doesnt qualify for media mail all the time. and if you print postage at home it's impossible to get denied at the counter.

and if the post office suddenly stops accepting actual media for "media mail" they need to change the name to something other than "media mail." there is also a big loophole in the requirements, as everything is not expressly forbidden, only like three things are mentioned as forbidden.

They did change the description for Media Mail on the USPS website. Wonder if records can still be passed off as educational material?

Yeah, interesting that they've changed it from "recorded media" to "educational media". Here's hoping that we don't start getting unpleasant surprises at the post office. PS - Jason Tate's a doofus.

They should start enforcing it, can't count how many times I've read threads where people bitch about their mangled records received via media mail. It's obviously an inadequate service for vinyl.

what you don't hear is how poorly pacakged the record was to begin with. if a record isnt packaged properly it doesnt matter what method it was sent.

but the USPS treats all their packages with complete disregard, even UPS does. i can't tell you how many times the person behind the counter at the post office tossed the package across the room into a mail crate or just slid it off the counter and let it drop into a crate. when i was in college i worked for UPS loading trucks during the summer. we tossed packages to one another all the time and many times they were dropped.

I shipped a record last week via Media...the guys at the post office all know me so they usually just ask me if it's a record. That's it.

Unless the USPS changed the description of what is allowed as Media this past week, then it's gonna suck for a lot of people...esp. if the USPS enforces it.

That means that eBay will have to also change their bullshit shipping cap of $4.00 for records as it would no longer apply.

well, i wouldnt be surprised if USPS is changing it up since they literally bleed cash these days but ive shipped records media mail for years.

i would take a record being shipped media mail over ups or fedex any day - those places take on much larger / heavier packages than usps does that are just waiting to smash my records.

Media mail has not changed at all

get your facts straight before you cause a frenzy

no need to get facts straight when i present no factual information other than "people are talking..."

i purposely didn't assume or claim anything cuz i don't know jack about it--just wanted a new home for the discussion

It's supposedly "heavier" with a Botch influence, but I've also heard that it's very similar to Beggars.

[image]

now im really gonna derail this thread. next time you watch this scene, watch courtney cox very closely. you can literally see her upper body move as she trys to keep herself from bursting out loud in laughter. can only imagine the amount of takes it may have taken just to get that...