Hot Water Music - The fire... 7" is up.

Taking this awfully personally, don't you think?

No i don't think so ....its my opinion that it is a "cash cow" and if you thinks its ok to spend $60 on three t-shirt bundles then you go ahead and do it ;) ....This is one of the reasons why i don't comment much on this site much anymore cause there are too many dicks on here ! ;D

Thank you Mr tangent and goodnight :P

Wow. Namecalling! And just because I asked a rational question.

I haven't bought this yet, because I don't have the money to spend on something I really don't need right now. But it's just a product. A thing. You're calling into question the integrity of a band that you're obviously very passionate about over this ONE THING in all the years they've been marketing things as a band. A group of musicians. Regular guys who get together and write songs, drive around the country, play music, and sell things.

But hey, if you're of such a fragile mindset that this has left a bitter taste in your mouth, and one guy questioning if maybe you're taking it a little too personally constitutes them being a "dick," then this discussion is really not going to gain any traction whatsoever. Maybe with some thicker skin and a little perspective, you'll separate the idea that the band's music, and the pieces of cloth and plastic they sell for money to the people that want them, are the same thing.

Actually, what I mean to say is, Chuck Ragan, Chris Wollard, Jason Black, and George Rebelo hate their fans, and are the modern day robber-barons of punk rock.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i don't think so ....its my opinion that it is a "cash cow" and if you thinks its ok to spend $60 on three t-shirt bundles then you go ahead and do it ;) ....This is one of the reasons why i don't comment much on this site much anymore cause there are too many dicks on here ! ;D

Thank you Mr tangent and goodnight :P

I haven't bought this yet, because I don't have the money to spend on something I really don't need right now. But it's just a product. A thing. You're calling into question the integrity of a band that you're obviously very passionate about over this ONE THING in all the years they've been marketing things as a band. A group of musicians. Regular guys who get together and write songs, drive around the country, play music, and sell things.

But hey, if you're of such a fragile mindset that this has left a bitter taste in your mouth, and one guy questioning if maybe you're taking it a little too personally constitutes them being a "dick," then this discussion is really not going to gain any traction whatsoever. Maybe with some thicker skin and a little perspective, you'll separate the idea that the band's music, and the pieces of cloth and plastic they sell for money to the people that want them, are the same thing.

Actually, what I mean to say is, Chuck Ragan, Chris Wollard, Jason Black, and George Rebelo hate their fans, and are the modern day robber-barons of punk rock.

Sarcasm my friend ....you need to lighten up a bit, maybe get out a bit more, Us English are very good at Sarcasm which i'm sure you already know but i didn't call you a dick personally, i said there are too many dicks on here.

You are right on one thing though

Actually, what I mean to say is, Chuck Ragan, Chris Wollard, Jason Black, and George Rebelo are the modern day robber-barons of punk rock

...........Subject closed

Sarcasm my friend ....you need to lighten up a bit, maybe get out a bit more, Us English are very good at Sarcasm which i'm sure you already know but i didn't call you a dick personally, i said there are too many dicks on here.

You are right on one thing though

Actually, what I mean to say is, Chuck Ragan, Chris Wollard, Jason Black, and George Rebelo are the modern day robber-barons of punk rock

...........Subject closed

The moral of the story is internet and sarcasm don't mix

When I was living in England, I had a professor who wrote his Ph.D in Philosopohy on the "evilness of sarcasm". The dude was crazy-interesting to talk to. The crux of his argument is that sarcasm is evil because when it is used, the speaker is never pinned down to any one stance because he can claim sarcasm.

I hope so, I don't remember if he told us what the title was.

Dude's class was awesome. He'd show up, just kinda tell stories for 90 minutes, we'd get a 20 minute break, so we'd go around the corner to the pub, come back and someone would tell a story about evilness in the news that they found for our HW assignment, then he'd tell another story or two and we'd go home. The class was called "The Philosophy of Wickedness and Evil".

• 2 weeks later...
We still have a handful of these available at Chunksaah and this offer will no longer be available as of the 1st. We also have a 20% off sale happening at the moment. That's what's up.

http://www.chunksaah.com

do you mean the shirt+7" bundle wont be offered after the 1st? I assume you need the lead time to get shirts printed with the correct sizes. That leads into my second question, does that mean there will be left over 7"s for sale?

We were going to end it yesterday, but because we are almost sold out, we figured that we'd keep it open a couple extra days to coincide with our 20% Off Sale. We're only going to print shirts once and our deal is that we would only sell 7"s with shirts. The plan is that these will be gone very soon and we won't have to worry about any leftover records because there won't be any.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone get their's from Chunksaah or No Idea yet? I got the one I ordered from the band.

If im not mistaken Chunsaah and No Idea were going to get the shirts pressed after preorders closed based on the #s sold, so thats probably the reason for the delay.

Then again neither company sends shipping confirmations so who knows (both are great companies but man does that bug the shit out of me).