We are the Romans reissue?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did HH put their copies up for pre-order and sell out already or what? I know its fun to joke about it and all that but can anyone give us a straight answer on that?

release date is Oct 11th I believe

just ordered my copies for the store

So you'll be putting yours up on that day only?

COMING SOON: Botch: We Are The Romans Vinyl 2xLP Repress

THIS TITLE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE, CURRENT RELEASE DATE OF OCTOBER 11th, 2011

- http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahea....h=4_741&store=0

so its not sold out yet!

Flipping hope not! I definately want to get my hands on a copy of this.

So did HH put their copies up for pre-order and sell out already or what? I know its fun to joke about it and all that but can anyone give us a straight answer on that?
release date is Oct 11th I believe

just ordered my copies for the store

So you'll be putting yours up on that day only?

I'd also like to know when you'll be putting yours up I'd hate to miss this.

COMING SOON: Botch: We Are The Romans Vinyl 2xLP Repress

THIS TITLE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE, CURRENT RELEASE DATE OF OCTOBER 11th, 2011

- http://www.bluecollardistro.com/hydrahea....h=4_741&store=0

so its not sold out yet!

There's no listing for this thing at all on HH anymore. I said all that stuff you quoted but there was also a sentence that said "Currently Sold Out. Sorry :(" so I don't know what was accurate on that page.

I'm definitely going with invinylwetrust since they're the only ones who seem to have any decent amount of organization and communication regarding this release. Sick of the run-around over records and this one is one of the worst.

I'll say it since no one else has yet..."Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

That is all.

Carry on.

That's a pretty tired response at this point.

I actually haven't bought from Hydra Head in over two years because "I don't like it". I think it's fucking bullshit that they charge so much for a single LP or dbl LP, when there's tons of other labels that can do it for a whole lot less. This record will be the exception because I've waited a long time for a chance to get it for a decent price.

HH is a sick label with quality products, but those products cost just a little more than they should. The Torche "Songs for Singles" EP rings a bell, as does Cave In "Anomalies Vol. 1."

I finally got around to picking up that Cave In LP when BCD was running a summer sale. It was 30% off or something which essentially made the shipping free (which is ridiculously overpriced to begin with... sigh). Anyways, I'm glad I have it but it wasn't worth full price. The packaging was beyond mundane but I think it was on purpose. The only redeeming thing about it was the insert where the band was able to comment on where the songs came from and other interesting factoids. Dudes have a good sense of humor and I can appreciate that.

Anyways... can't wait to finally have We Are the Romans on vinyl. It will immediately be placed on my turntable and the volume will be turned to the "maximum" setting on my reciever.

I'll say it since no one else has yet..."Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

That is all.

Carry on.

That's a pretty tired response at this point.

I actually haven't bought from Hydra Head in over two years because "I don't like it". I think it's fucking bullshit that they charge so much for a single LP or dbl LP, when there's tons of other labels that can do it for a whole lot less. This record will be the exception because I've waited a long time for a chance to get it for a decent price.

25 bucks isn't really that bad seeing as how a lot of dbl LP sell for right around 20. I think the extra five bucks isn't bad seeing as this used to be a white whale for almost every collector. I get your point though, I've been putting off getting the Radiohead albums because they're all 20 bucks a piece. But shit, this is Botch we're talking about here and for 25 bucks I'm not complaining.

BCD shipping doesn't justify the high media mail rate. they're barely a step above Amazon. their site says they take extra precautions and their LP's are well packaged so they don't cover cosmetic damages. every box from BCD I've ever gotten was a regular LP mailer with no extra cardboard pads or bubble wrap or anything. for $5 shipping, I can get an LP from Mylene Sheath that actually shows the shipper put some effort in protection.

the worst HH rip off for me was the 4 song Clouds 12" I had to order online after RSD for like $18. steep. no download code. no frills. nothing that should have made it more than $15 max. it's gouging, there really is no excuse for a label that also pads their numbers with multiple variants on every release. fanboys can't win when collecting from HH. i got the new Helms Alee from them on tour for $20. usually a band charges more for vinyl to cover themselves and the label cut, but apparently not bands on HH.